Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2132811 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13620 on: February 15, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »

Went through a 10 hour shift just to find out that the shipment will be late a day or two... To be fair though, it is -26⁰F over here so it's freaking cold. I could barely get my car started for work.

Considering the arctic cold and storms that are sweeping over much of the country, I'd expect there to be lot of delays in shipping, mail, etc.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Thire
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

A delicate balance of the Light and Dark sides...

« Reply #13621 on: February 16, 2021, 06:30:06 AM »

THEY'RE HERE!!

Top to bottom:
Liberator v3 in Consular Green 36"
Aeon v2 in Adegan Silver 36"
Apprentice v5 in Blazing Red 32"
Sentinel v4 in Arctic Blue 36"

Overall everyone is happy with their sabers! We ended up each grabbing a saber at the same time out of the box. I'm quite happy getting the red Apprentice because it makes an amazing shoto. Time to practice my dual wielding!

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But when we speak, listen, and act, that's when we change." -Hiroyoki Sawano

The Goods:
Aeon v2 - Guardian Blue - No sound - 32" Blade - First Saber

Apprentice v5 - Blazing Red - No sound - 32" Blade - Shoto

Awaiting:

Bellicose - Arctic Blue - Obsidian Premium Sound v4 - 32" Blade - Awaiting since June 2020

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #13622 on: February 16, 2021, 02:45:19 PM »

THEY'RE HERE!!

Liberator v3 in Consular Green 36"
Aeon v2 in Adegan Silver 36"
Apprentice v5 in Blazing Red 32"
Sentinel v4 in Arctic Blue 36"

Overall everyone is happy with their sabers! We ended up each grabbing a saber at the same time out of the box. I'm quite happy getting the red Apprentice because it makes an amazing shoto. Time to practice my dual wielding!

Great to hear, and see as well!

It's good you all sorted out a reasonable way of doing things, and were sufficiently pleased with how things turned out as well as your lightsabers themselves. I can't argue with a red blade, and I don't see that hilt as often, I'm a fan of it overall. Your emitter windows look rather interesting, and I enjoy the grip from that style of grooves on my personal hilt.

It's at times odd how a lightsaber can feel different from a traditional sword or other training weapons, yet very much the same at others. Maybe it's just tactile sensations warring with muscle memory when adopting different grips, flowing through movements, at points in striking, or in various transitions. At any rate, have a wonderful time with your new acquisition and as a group in your endeavors. It'll be interesting which paths you each walk. Have a blast and feel free to keep us updated if you wish.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #13623 on: February 16, 2021, 06:20:51 PM »

So...
I am currently waiting for :
* a nickel plated Guardian, guardian blue, obsidian v4 ;
* a Dark Initiate LE V5, SRD, green illuminated av switch, obsidian v4 ;
* an Emperor's Hand, diamond.

Both the Emperor's Hand (prize) and the Dark Initiate are supposed to be picked up by Fedex...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13624 on: February 17, 2021, 02:36:50 AM »

No movement on my sabers from FedEx yet, but considering that Texas is going through some exceptionally nasty winter weather that they're ill equipped to handle, I'm not really surprised.   Here's hoping they see the end of it soon.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Thire
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

A delicate balance of the Light and Dark sides...

« Reply #13625 on: February 17, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »

At least they're on the move and no longer in processing. May the Force be with the delivery men and women!

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But when we speak, listen, and act, that's when we change." -Hiroyoki Sawano

The Goods:
Aeon v2 - Guardian Blue - No sound - 32" Blade - First Saber

Apprentice v5 - Blazing Red - No sound - 32" Blade - Shoto

Awaiting:

Bellicose - Arctic Blue - Obsidian Premium Sound v4 - 32" Blade - Awaiting since June 2020

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13626 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »

No movement on my sabers from FedEx yet, but considering that Texas is going through some exceptionally nasty winter weather that they're ill equipped to handle, I'm not really surprised.   Here's hoping they see the end of it soon.

WE HAVE MOVEMENT!  Scheduled delivery date, according to FedEx, is this coming Wednesday the 24th.

I share this because, to borrow a phrase from World War Z, "Movement is life."  If FedEx is back to picking up packages down there, it means that they're all working on rebounding, however slowly, from the meteorological calamity that they've been going through.  From a humanity standpoint, that's good news. 

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13627 on: February 20, 2021, 03:29:04 AM »

I just put in a small order, cashing in some of my reward points and taking advantage of the Winter Soundwave sale. While I know how to do installs, it's sometimes nice to have a saber that just works when you pull it out of the box. Plus, saving 15% is always nice. Also, I have a back log of installs to do, at least 4 Ultrasabers that need boards, one needs a complete install.

So, to that end, I ordered a Lost Gray. I used to have one and technically still do, but I turned it into a Frankensaber that doesn't resemble a Lost Gray anymore. So, I decided to get another one. My raffle prize came with Obsidian Lite, which I really like, so I decided to order that setup. Violet Amethyst blade, all of the decorative buttons in black and a black AV switch. So, I'm looking forward to that. I saved $29.75 on that beauty. Another thing I ordered was an empty Aeon V3. I used to have one of those that I pulled from a grab bag, but I messed up the hilt trying to customize it. So, I ordered one. That will be a quick stunt build for spinning/playing purposes. I don't know what color I'll wire it up in, it might depend what LEDs I have on hand, or I may order a new one for it. I can't remember if I have any latching guarded switches, so I ordered one of those and a couple of 32" midgrade blades. All said and done, I had over $86 in reward points which, added to my sale savings, had me saving over $126 on my order.  Cool

So, yeah, looking forward to this. Definitely not impatiently, though, given everything going on in Texas right now. I hope everyone down there is staying safe and warm.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13628 on: February 20, 2021, 04:05:16 AM »

Got an update on mine, now the scheduled delivery is this coming Monday instead of Wednesday.   Exciting times... Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #13629 on: February 20, 2021, 08:19:33 AM »

Picked up and scheduled for Thursday =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #13630 on: February 20, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

I just put in a small order, cashing in some of my reward points and taking advantage of the Winter Soundwave sale. While I know how to do installs, it's sometimes nice to have a saber that just works when you pull it out of the box. Plus, saving 15% is always nice. Also, I have a back log of installs to do, at least 4 Ultrasabers that need boards, one needs a complete install.

So, to that end, I ordered a Lost Gray. I used to have one and technically still do, but I turned it into a Frankensaber that doesn't resemble a Lost Gray anymore. So, I decided to get another one. My raffle prize came with Obsidian Lite, which I really like, so I decided to order that setup. Violet Amethyst blade, all of the decorative buttons in black and a black AV switch. So, I'm looking forward to that. I saved $29.75 on that beauty. Another thing I ordered was an empty Aeon V3. I used to have one of those that I pulled from a grab bag, but I messed up the hilt trying to customize it. So, I ordered one. That will be a quick stunt build for spinning/playing purposes. I don't know what color I'll wire it up in, it might depend what LEDs I have on hand, or I may order a new one for it. I can't remember if I have any latching guarded switches, so I ordered one of those and a couple of 32" midgrade blades. All said and done, I had over $86 in reward points which, added to my sale savings, had me saving over $126 on my order.  Cool

So, yeah, looking forward to this. Definitely not impatiently, though, given everything going on in Texas right now. I hope everyone down there is staying safe and warm.

That's pretty cool, got to admit that sounds awesome. You must have some very nice builds done.

Apparently things are still getting completed, and they keep shipping out orders... seems like multiple doomsday-ish events simultaneously isn't enough to stop US at this point...? I wonder if they've got backup generators going, or simply got lucky. I mean lots of tools don't necessarily need power; and lighting or traveling to and from work safely may be the main concern for the moment... I don't have any idea, but it's amazing that they keep it up through everything in the last week, month, year. Pretty impressive IMO anyway.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13631 on: February 21, 2021, 12:24:50 AM »

That's pretty cool, got to admit that sounds awesome. You must have some very nice builds done.

Apparently things are still getting completed, and they keep shipping out orders... seems like multiple doomsday-ish events simultaneously isn't enough to stop US at this point...? I wonder if they've got backup generators going, or simply got lucky. I mean lots of tools don't necessarily need power; and lighting or traveling to and from work safely may be the main concern for the moment... I don't have any idea, but it's amazing that they keep it up through everything in the last week, month, year. Pretty impressive IMO anyway.

I got an e-mail that my order was going to take 3-4 weeks. But, if I changed the Aeon V3 to the Aeon V4 or Sentinel V5, they could ship it out in 2-3 business days. So, I e-mailed back for them change the Aeon V3 to the Aeon V4. Technically, I have one of those, but it's an LE and I put sound in it. I want something that doesn't bother my neighbors when I spin it at 3 in the morning. Wink

So, yeah, they're definitely operating right now. I've found over the years that it takes a lot to shut Ultrasabers down for long. Even Hurricane Harvey a few years ago, which definitely hit where they are, didn't keep them down long. The tools to build sabers definitely require power. Soldering irons, heat guns and hot glue guns, mostly. Plus, plenty of good light. Not to mention I personally wouldn't want to do it without heat. So, I think they must have power to be operating. Whether it's a generator or they're just back on the grid.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13632 on: February 22, 2021, 12:18:34 PM »

Today should be the day my package is delivered; it's in my region as of 1:45 this morning.   Figure I'll post the unboxing video here and give each saber its own separate review, pictures in the appropriate places, and so on.   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #13633 on: February 22, 2021, 07:15:52 PM »

I got an e-mail that my order was going to take 3-4 weeks. But, if I changed the Aeon V3 to the Aeon V4 or Sentinel V5, they could ship it out in 2-3 business days. So, I e-mailed back for them change the Aeon V3 to the Aeon V4. Technically, I have one of those, but it's an LE and I put sound in it. I want something that doesn't bother my neighbors when I spin it at 3 in the morning. Wink

So, yeah, they're definitely operating right now. I've found over the years that it takes a lot to shut Ultrasabers down for long. Even Hurricane Harvey a few years ago, which definitely hit where they are, didn't keep them down long. The tools to build sabers definitely require power. Soldering irons, heat guns and hot glue guns, mostly. Plus, plenty of good light. Not to mention I personally wouldn't want to do it without heat. So, I think they must have power to be operating. Whether it's a generator or they're just back on the grid.

Love the Aeon v4! It is by far one of my favorite sabers, and it has the best balance. Congrats!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13634 on: February 23, 2021, 12:33:17 AM »

Today should be the day my package is delivered; it's in my region as of 1:45 this morning.   Figure I'll post the unboxing video here and give each saber its own separate review, pictures in the appropriate places, and so on.   Grin

No delivery today; delivery scheduled date has been changed to "pending."   Never mind the fact that - according to the app - it's in Connecticut, about 90 minutes from where I live.

Mumble, grumble......

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: