Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2132807 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9885 on: October 30, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »

Two Diamond sabers, one FREEINITIATE, one FREEGRABBAG, one FREEMYSTERYBOX, and one FREECUSTOM...

While I will not record the unboxing, I should have pictures posted within 24 hours of receipt.  Videos... are a maybe; I have very little experience editing video.  The last time I did that, I was physically splicing film and videotape... on a reel, not a cassette (which had just come out to consumers at the time).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #9886 on: October 31, 2019, 05:20:08 AM »

Two Diamond sabers, one FREEINITIATE, one FREEGRABBAG, one FREEMYSTERYBOX, and one FREECUSTOM...

While I will not record the unboxing, I should have pictures posted within 24 hours of receipt.  Videos... are a maybe; I have very little experience editing video.  The last time I did that, I was physically splicing film and videotape... on a reel, not a cassette (which had just come out to consumers at the time).

If you have a smartphone, it’s pretty easy, just shoot some footage and find the upload button on YT. We’ve come a long way since those reel jobs  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #9887 on: October 31, 2019, 07:21:05 AM »

Was it VHS or Video2000 that came out?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #9888 on: October 31, 2019, 07:25:03 AM »

You will get a tracking notification when they ship it.   I can't say for sure what the shipping time will be, but in the USA it is generally 2-3 days.  I would imagine a week to two would be likely, depending on what customs is like.

And that is a very large group of sabers!   Enjoy!

Thanks for the awnsers, and yes a pretty large group. I teach martial arts in the Netherlands and I'm starting a lightsaberproject with a few students, so I needed a few.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9889 on: October 31, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »

I have very little experience editing video.  The last time I did that, I was physically splicing film and videotape... on a reel, not a cassette (which had just come out to consumers at the time).

If you have a smartphone, it’s pretty easy, just shoot some footage and find the upload button on YT. We’ve come a long way since those reel jobs  Smiley

Yes, we have come a long way but I kinda miss using the old chinagraph pencil and splicing the tapes at 45deg (to avoid audio "Clicks") I used to help my local cinema's Chief Projectionist edit his showreels (and those film reels were over a metre in diameter and weighed a ton back in the 80's - luckily the audio tapes were smaller)

And to Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, I hope your new academy flourishes! <see what I did there?

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #9890 on: October 31, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

Yes, we have come a long way but I kinda miss using the old chinagraph pencil and splicing the tapes at 45deg (to avoid audio "Clicks") I used to help my local cinema's Chief Projectionist edit his showreels (and those film reels were over a metre in diameter and weighed a ton back in the 80's - luckily the audio tapes were smaller)

And to Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, I hope your new academy flourishes! <see what I did there?

Beautiful!
I wish my English was good enough to give a nice play of words back to you. But unfortunately....

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9891 on: October 31, 2019, 09:27:59 PM »

Was it VHS or Video2000 that came out?

Sony Betamax was our cassette format of choice at that time, as an upgrade to the reels of tape.

RECORDING video with a smartphone is easy, and ridiculously high-quality for a tool supposedly designed for other purposes, and which includes photography and videography as an afterthought, and UPLOADING video files is also super-simple; it's the EDITING that I have not done yet-- you know, skipping or speeding through the boring parts, re-recording and splicing in something that was done incorrectly the first time through, adding text to note corrections instead of re-recording, adding an intro and an outro... all that stuff.  I'm pretty sure I can manage mounting my phone (in landscape mode) on a tripod and pointing it in the right direction, and I'm pretty sure I can get some lighting that isn't just plain DREADFUL, and I promise you I can talk loudly enough for the mic to pick up my voice (NO worries there!), but if I don't have at least some notes to read from, I'm pretty sure I'm going to mess things up more than I want to live with. 

I have never tried to edit a video on my phone, other than cutting off the excess so that I can keep the file size small enough to email.  I have never tried editing video on my laptop, either, but "everyone" assures me that's easy, too.  I just might find out, if I mess up badly enough or often enough trying to make review videos.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DEAD MAN
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9892 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »

It's 5 days for fabrication when it says 2 to 3 normal ordered a consular with emerald driver and obsidian V4 but still says processing I'm in Missouri so it shouldn't take too long to ship

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #9893 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »

It's 5 days for fabrication when it says 2 to 3 normal ordered a consular with emerald driver and obsidian V4 but still says processing I'm in Missouri so it shouldn't take too long to ship

Fall raffle... probably heavy than usual order loads... maybe... and depending on hilt they have to extend a bit to fit both boards into the hilt so possible slight modifications... and really.. 5 days I’d still be happy.. also!!!’ Post pics when  u get it! A vid of u can! Plz ty!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9894 on: November 08, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »

Hey DEAD MAN!  One thing to note: If you entered the raffle they will probably hold shipping the order until after the drawing, so they can ship any potential wins at the same time.  Its the one down-side to the raffle entry. :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DEAD MAN
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9895 on: November 09, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »

Thanks for the input I'm gonna try to do an unboxing video but I've never posted a video on here or YouTube so little nervous, I turn 21 today and had hopes my saber would be done but with the raffle and Ros coming so soon I'm not surprised just hopeful.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #9896 on: November 13, 2019, 02:58:39 AM »

Thanks for the input I'm gonna try to do an unboxing video but I've never posted a video on here or YouTube so little nervous, I turn 21 today and had hopes my saber would be done but with the raffle and Ros coming so soon I'm not surprised just hopeful.

Is this your first one?  Dont sweat the wait.  When it arrives you will forget all about it, especially with that emerald driver!  I waited 6 months for my first one because it was on back order and I barely remember  it.  Completely worth the wait.  They definitely hold raffle entry orders til the raffle is over.  It says it in fine print somewhere I think, otherwise they told me in an email when I asked last year.  Good luck in the raffle if you entered! 

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Makubex
Knight Officer

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #9897 on: November 13, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

Hey!! Happy bday! Belated! And you won’t be disappointed I been stalking the forums and everyone is happy hahah

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9898 on: November 15, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »

Waiting for my new mystery boxes to show up. its like xmass comes early every time.....lol

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V5 (Diamond Fire Orange)
Initiate V4 w/Windows (Blazing Red)
Dark Initiate LE V4 W/Windows (Emerald Green)
Aeon V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Arctic Blue)
Dominix LE V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Blazing Red)
Remnant (Neopixel)
Frankensaber (Obsidian Lite Guardian Blue)
Baby Frankensaber (Consuler Green)
Crimson Fallen (Obsidian Lite Fire Orange)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9899 on: November 15, 2019, 08:14:43 PM »

And ... Fall Raffle order has been placed!

Ordered a Fallen LE, battle-ready...

[Choose Your Configuration: Lite Sound]
[Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Adegan Silver]
[Flash on Clash: No Flash]
[Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Fallen Emitter Type: Combat Ready]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: Mid Grade]
[Obsidian Lite Sound: Obsidian Lite Soundboard]
[Quick Disconnect: Sure, Add Them!]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-illuminated AV Switch]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks]

And for a little different flare...

Z-Pommel-Butcher

And who knows?    Maybe lightning will finally strike and I'll get something really nice to go along with it.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: