Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2132638 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8430 on: December 03, 2017, 12:12:38 PM »

That really sucks Smfgt

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8431 on: December 03, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »

And the Lost Gray continues to be lost .. with no update of estimated arrival...
tracking history for the Lost Gray...
November 20, 2017, 7:06 pm  Departed Post Office FRIENDSWOOD, TX 77546
November 20, 2017, 9:23 pm  Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 21, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 21, 2017, 9:23 pm  In Transit to Destination
November 22, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 22, 2017, 9:23 pm  In Transit to Destination
November 23, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 25, 2017, 5:09 am  Arrived at Post Office FRIENDSWOOD, TX 77546
November 28, 2017, 2:14 am  Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility  NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 29, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination
November 30, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination
December 1, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination

And then nothing after Dec 1 -- now Dec 3 --

I must admit -- my patience is being worn very thin.... I had intended to order another saber on the current speciall.. but I have difficulty spending money to order another one, when the most expensive one I have ordered to date has not arrived..
I had the same thing happen before (USPS I'm guessing). I went and raised hell at the post office and it just happened to be in the back waiting. The worse thing for me is I have to take off work to dream with the Post Office.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #8432 on: December 04, 2017, 02:30:31 AM »

I had the same thing happen before (USPS I'm guessing). I went and raised hell at the post office and it just happened to be in the back waiting. The worse thing for me is I have to take off work to dream with the Post Office.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yep, And the original "delivery date" was Nov 22 --- Little beyond that now... not sure what's going on with it on their end.. US customer service mentioned when it came back to their post office they would check on it to see what the problem was and send it back out probably by Fed Ex .. guess that didnt happen as I havent heard anything from them either.

Diamond: Fulcrum - Lost Gray - Emporer's Hand / Emerald: Graflex CE - Dark Dorinian
Obsidian: Archon V3.1 -TriG : Dark Initiate(Doubled)-BR: Chosen One SE-BR : The Guardian-CG
Mystery Boxes: Aeon V4-CG : Aeon LE V2-BR : Dark Initiate-BR
Fall Raffle 4th Prize: Aeon V4-AB
Winter Raffle 2nd Prize: Obsidian Arbiter-AB (Li)
Spring Raffle 3rd Prize: ? ? ? ? ?

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8433 on: December 04, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »

Well I wanted to say yay.. but upon unwrapping the lost Lost Gray .. I start checking it out and it has a big scratch/gouge in the side of the hilt... so now not happy after waiting 14 days and then it gets here damaged.. this doesnt look like shipping damage -- it was bubble wrapped quite well .. guess its back to US support...  Sad

Diamond: Fulcrum - Lost Gray - Emporer's Hand / Emerald: Graflex CE - Dark Dorinian
Obsidian: Archon V3.1 -TriG : Dark Initiate(Doubled)-BR: Chosen One SE-BR : The Guardian-CG

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #8434 on: December 04, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »

Smfgt11 - I had a 10 yr old boy that was visiting recently terrorized my saber collection scratching up nearly every hilt.  Lord Blaidwraith recommended the Maas Metal Polish you can get on Amazon for like $8 bucks.  It works like a charm and buffs out the nastiest scratches.  I hope this helps a little?

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8435 on: December 04, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »

Smfgt11 - I had a 10 yr old boy that was visiting recently terrorized my saber collection scratching up nearly every hilt.  Lord Blaidwraith recommended the Maas Metal Polish you can get on Amazon for like $8 bucks.  It works like a charm and buffs out the nastiest scratches.  I hope this helps a little?

K

I entertained that thought at first .. but since I just pulled it out of the bubble wrap and its pretty nasty...

.and in a very high profile spot....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8436 on: December 04, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »

I entertained that thought at first .. but since I just pulled it out of the bubble wrap and its pretty nasty...

.and in a very high profile spot....

Egad. Shocked That ain't buffing out.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8437 on: December 04, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »

And the Lost Gray continues to be lost .. with no update of estimated arrival...
tracking history for the Lost Gray...
November 20, 2017, 7:06 pm  Departed Post Office FRIENDSWOOD, TX 77546
November 20, 2017, 9:23 pm  Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 21, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 21, 2017, 9:23 pm  In Transit to Destination
November 22, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 22, 2017, 9:23 pm  In Transit to Destination
November 23, 2017, 9:23 am  In Transit to Destination
November 25, 2017, 5:09 am  Arrived at Post Office FRIENDSWOOD, TX 77546
November 28, 2017, 2:14 am  Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility  NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 29, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination
November 30, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination
December 1, 2017, 9:14 am In Transit to Destination

And then nothing after Dec 1 -- now Dec 3 --

I must admit -- my patience is being worn very thin.... I had intended to order another saber on the current speciall.. but I have difficulty spending money to order another one, when the most expensive one I have ordered to date has not arrived..

That sucks. I am currently going through something similiar, non saber related with USPS right now.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8438 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:04 AM »

got everything set.....just waiting for LTJ

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8439 on: December 05, 2017, 01:47:24 PM »

Egad. Shocked That ain't buffing out.

Well US Csupport asked for pictures of the box and to send it back to them ... the box wasnt pierced .. but it obviously took a  hell of a hit .. guess I missed that in my excitement of opening it up... And they did assure me it didnt leave their shop with that mark on it.. So Im sending it back... also noticed some wierd things not working right with the Diamond controller... not working as intended I believe.. and with an impact like that I have my concerns about shock damage to the boards....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8440 on: December 05, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »

Well US Csupport asked for pictures of the box and to send it back to them ... the box wasnt pierced .. but it obviously took a  hell of a hit .. guess I missed that in my excitement of opening it up... And they did assure me it didnt leave their shop with that mark on it.. So Im sending it back... also noticed some wierd things not working right with the Diamond controller... not working as intended I believe.. and with an impact like that I have my concerns about shock damage to the boards....

I'm not accusing anyone of shenanigans, but as an engineer and someone that has extensive experience in packaging (as well as getting sabers Grin), with the amount of bubble wrap they use and no puncture to the cardboard, that mark was there before packaging. Was there an area of damaged bubble wrap?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8441 on: December 05, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »

There were two pretty good damage spots on the box .. the one I shared was the worst of the two and my photo angle wasnt the best .. but looking at it now .. the box is kind of banana shaped.... but to answer your question...

Actually yeah.. the bubble wrap is was completely "popped" along that side of the hilt before I even unwrapped it .. maybe its just me but you can kind of see the bubble wrap "dented" in the spot on the saber right where the mark is (arrow)... and you can see a lot of the bubbles busted on that side... I just have lots of bubble wrap laying about since I re use it for my own shipping needs and cant 100% say today which one was wrapped around the Lost Gray..

when you see the full size of this image .. you can see many places in the bubble wrap ripped / jabbed all along the axis of that spot ..
https://imgur.com/CF9LvGa

Either way  Im not going to lose my mind over it -- they are going to take care of it for me at no cost to me .. my only loss is not having it for the Ep8 premiere event ... but its not like I dont have a few other choices available to me.. lol -- but this is my first diamond saber.. soooooo it's the "fancy" one lmao...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8442 on: December 05, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »

There were two pretty good damage spots on the box .. the one I shared was the worst of the two and my photo angle wasnt the best .. but looking at it now .. the box is kind of banana shaped.... but to answer your question...

Actually yeah.. the bubble wrap is was completely "popped" along that side of the hilt before I even unwrapped it .. maybe its just me but you can kind of see the bubble wrap "dented" in the spot on the saber right where the mark is (arrow)... and you can see a lot of the bubbles busted on that side... I just have lots of bubble wrap laying about since I re use it for my own shipping needs and cant 100% say today which one was wrapped around the Lost Gray..

when you see the full size of this image .. you can see many places in the bubble wrap ripped / jabbed all along the axis of that spot ..
https://imgur.com/CF9LvGa

Either way  Im not going to lose my mind over it -- they are going to take care of it for me at no cost to me .. my only loss is not having it for the Ep8 premiere event ... but its not like I dont have a few other choices available to me.. lol -- but this is my first diamond saber.. soooooo it's the "fancy" one lmao...
That does indeed suck. Maybe you can........drag your feet in shipping it back till after the movie? Roll Eyes Grin

It's possible that the damage was incurred during shipping, but (a) that would have been a helluva hit, and (b) I would have expected a lot more damage to the box in order to produce a gouge like that. I might also suspect that the damage occurred after wrapping but before boxing. I can't imagine that whoever assembled the saber would have done so with that kind of flaw.

What else is in that roll?

Sig by For Tyeth

Smfgt11
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8443 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »

Nothing but the Lost Gray.. and you can definitely tell the bubble wrap is lopsided / squished on the damaged side...
but naah I would rather get it fixed .. not like I dont have a few others to choose from.. And since Im doing the "generic jedi" outfit I think the Archon will work well.. And the Lost Gray doesnt seem right to carry until I have the Fulcrum to go with it ....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8444 on: December 05, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »

Nothing but the Lost Gray.. and you can definitely tell the bubble wrap is lopsided / squished on the damaged side...
but naah I would rather get it fixed .. not like I dont have a few others to choose from.. And since Im doing the "generic jedi" outfit I think the Archon will work well.. And the Lost Gray doesnt seem right to carry until I have the Fulcrum to go with it ....
Missed that. Why not do the Flex instead for movie night?

Also, before sending it back (you'll want to confirm) but you might save on shipping by taking the blade off.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: