Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171005 times)
BBagginsMcSwaggins
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

<Can usually be found nearby Swagdalf>

« Reply #11055 on: June 18, 2020, 09:06:28 PM »

First of all, welcome to your new obsession.   And I genuinely mean that in friendship.

As for a waiting time....seriously, our Magic 8-Balls cracked and leaked out some time ago.  The company gives everyone an "estimated" wait time of 3-4 weeks, some have gotten theirs sooner, most of us will be waiting longer.  There's no guarantee right now, and i'm sure you'll understand why as you peruse this forum.

That's not to say you shouldn't place your order, though.  I'm just saying, prepare for a wait.  But as others will tell you, the wait is worth it.

Agreed  with Jedi_Phoenix, there really is no good way to estimate a processing time. The hilts you order might be available to put together, or they may have to machine it from scratch. Could take 3 weeks, could be 2 months.

As difficult as it is, truly the best thing to do is place your order and forget about it for at least 2 months.
If you can figure out how to do that, I'm sure we'd all like to know how  Grin

-

Thanks both of you for your input at least. I ordered one stunt saber for myself initially, the Dark Apprentice v3 with an Arctic Blue blade. Pulled it out, much to my friends' surprise, at a backyard campout activity and quickly got them on board with a second group order. I'm guessing it won't be here in time for our next celebration in ~1 month, but I suppose we'll see. As for putting it out of our minds as we wait... My best guess is don't look at anything SW related and just binge, like, Stranger Things or something.

Unfortunately, I play in a SW-themed Dungeons & Dragons game, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to manage it  Tongue

In west of the Shire, born 'n raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin' relaxin' all cool and shootin' some bball outside in the park, when a couple o' dwarves said we were up to no good! Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little quest and my friends got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie n' uncle in Bag End."

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #11056 on: June 18, 2020, 10:53:19 PM »

Unfortunately, I play in a SW-themed Dungeons & Dragons game, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to manage it  Tongue

I’d also like to say welcome aboard! It’s an emotional roller coaster ride so strap in!! Lol. Seriously thought, Star Wars D & D sounds like such a siiiiick idea. That’s gotta be fun times. Congrats on your group purchase/spreading the sickness. Hahahaha. Enjoy those sabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookieface127
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11057 on: June 19, 2020, 12:51:48 AM »

The term we used to use, back when I worked in the hospitality industry, was: 'Under promise, and over deliver'.

If you know your lead time is 5 weeks.. you tell the customers 7-8 weeks, that way YOU, set the expectation.. and then make yourself look stellar if you deliver what you've promised, before that deadline is met.

Now then, the rest is a bit long winded.. feel free to tune out, or go to the TLDR section, at the end Wink

Right now, Ultrasabers is potentially the victim of their own success.. and it's clearly being shown, based on how they're handling damage control.

A prime example... if you can't keep up, or meet your own orders right NOW.. don't run a sale that's going to get you thousands of more orders. (Especially if you can't guarantee if/when they will be filled)

Doing stuff like that, falls tremendously close to actions that start getting compliance investigators looking at you.   (I speak from personal experience)

Ultrasabers could REALLY use a good PR Manager, right now. There's a lot of things that could be done to make things a bit more tolerable to those that have already given their money (many of which, may actually be experiencing financial issues, now, with the Covid fallout, themselves), and while many of us are just quietly exercising patience, I fully understand why some people are upset.

I have to admit, even I'm starting to get a bit twitchy.

I specifically didn't order a custom saber, because I wanted to see the quality for myself, in person. Custom products take a while, and I purchased 3 mystery boxes in early May, simply due to the fact that I understood that supply issues might be impacting the custom orders. So.. the simplest way to order would be 3 mystery boxes, with emitter plugs.. just to throw some extra money US's way. (I have multiple 3D printers.. printing an emitter cover is trivial)

However, I now suspect that mystery boxes are produced, much in the way Frankensabers are. Extra/leftover parts, that are used to quickly assemble a product that can be sold. It's a great way to reduce waste, if you can find a way to reuse parts/products that are returned or unused. It also keeps production costs down, since you can make deals with parts suppliers to supply you with X amount of parts, every Y amount of time.... (eg: 'If you're willing to accept 300 aluminum rods, every 2 weeks, we'll make the cost at $5 per rod.. otherwise, it'll be $8 per rod)

By finding a way to keep that inventory constantly moving, you don't have to have as much storage costs, and you can keep that cost, overall, down.. even if you're not making as much, per part shipment as you could/would if every part was sold at max value.

Now, I SUSPECT (based on what I know of logistics and business) that Ultrasabers is experiencing a shortage of crucial components, that are necessary to most orders. Based on that, it's most cost effective for them to use their parts for the products that are going to give them the most return for the parts... which is likely why we're seeing some customers get their orders placed and shipped in a matter of days, vs those that have been on 'processing' for weeks/months. It would also explain why some customers are getting responses from customer support, more than others.

If the above is correct, and I suspect SOME of it is, then I understand the business behind the decisions that US are making. It keeps them operational, and keeps their employees.. employed.

However, IF this is what Ultrasabers is doing (and, again, I suspect some of it IS).. then those users that ordered non cost effective items (such as 3 mystery boxes, like I've ordered) will be considered 'lowest priority', and, as such, will be processed dead last. (The company is making less money on those products, per saber, than the others)

Now.. here's the BIG problem with that... Customer loyalty.

You see a lot of users, here, that are defending US to the death... because they're repeat customers. A customer, who has had constant stellar experiences with a company, is more likely to put up with the occasional delay, than one person who has just started doing business with that same company, and immediately has issues. That is a potentially lost customer, that won't be back. In some cases, a company doesn't care.. because a one off customer, isn't really a loss, anyway. (the term that the hospitality industry used, was 'transient customers')

Unfortunately, however, there WILL be repeat customers in that mix, too.. that would have gotten their first order, and are so amazed with the result, they buy more... OR, even more importantly, they start to become a vocal word of mouth advertising for a company/product. That can actually become an immeasurable loss of revenue.

So.. that's where PR comes in.. a PR manager will produce simple updates, and methods of making potentially unhappy customers calm... AND, they have the ability to take a calm/patient customer, and make them a brand fanatic.

Heck, even explaining things in a logical manner (as many of us have done), in an OFFICIAL capacity, can calm down a number of disgruntled customers, who are just looking for explanations.

The PR aspect is what US is missing, right now, unfortunately... which is somewhat weird, because Emory is apparently a Social Media fan, and likes documenting things regarding his company... think of all of the unveiling videos and such, that he's done in the past.. you'd think he'd take an opportunity like this, to get some face time with the customers and help diffuse any tensions that customers may have. *Shrug*

TL;DR - UltraSabers needs to communicate with their customers better, even if it's to explain (in detail) whats going on with orders that have been 'processing' for more than the usual amount of time.

~ Casp

Gotta say I agree, some clarity would be nice. SMH

There is balance to all things.
If my force alignment is negative give a positive point,
If my force alignment is positive give a negative point,
If my force alignment is 0, give me your favorite point.
=c=

cookieface127
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11058 on: June 19, 2020, 01:00:10 AM »

Man, I feel really bad for people who order sabers for specific events or as gifts.
It seems like no matter who you order from, whether US or the other guys, if you don't order at least 6 months in advance, you risk not getting them by the time you need them.

Custom sabers is a hobby for those with more patience than today's society fosters.

-
I guess I have to agree Galef, although I hadn't even placed my first order 6 months ago, lol. I ordered 4 initiates May 14th hoping to have them for some younglings at a camp I'm going to be at in two weeks. Today being the start of week 6 still puts the start of camp 8 weeks away from my order being placed.

TL;DR There's plenty of time, but I'm starting to feel the pressure.  Grin

There is balance to all things.
If my force alignment is negative give a positive point,
If my force alignment is positive give a negative point,
If my force alignment is 0, give me your favorite point.
=c=

pilotnjb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11059 on: June 19, 2020, 01:32:45 AM »

haha i agree with what Caspien said about their customer service...

Im on week 10 of waiting for my lightsaber and I'm a first time customer. I thought "processing" meant there was a problem but I guess its just what everyone gets.. lol

my friend ordered his in may and already got it but I'm still waiting pfft. kinda annoying let me just say. I didn't even get sound and he did which makes It more Huh

its lil frustrating. if their emails were maybe a lil better or more informative then I wouldn't be so wOrried but I am (oops) I'm ok with waiting don't get me wrong but,,, when the company is silent, doesn't respond, you get no info for weeks about this product you ordered that is $100+,,, yea I'm annoyed and stressed LOL

ImperialRedGuard-HellFire
Knight Lance Corporal

Imperial Guard Gaming Commander HellFire

« Reply #11060 on: June 19, 2020, 04:24:45 AM »

Well, I leave for my trip tomorrow at noon. I bought a cheap Saber off Amazon that has FOC a recharge port, you name it.... Oh and 7 sound fonts and what not. For such a cheap Saber it is packed with features... But the construction, just like the price is CHEAP lol.

Really bumbed that my US sabers aren't here. Approaching week 7 and with the 3-4 week lead time I believe some transparency would do lots of good for US.... Got another trip at week 8... At that point I'll be 2x past their lead time.

Imperial Guard legion, Call name Hell Fire 666.
Nationwide all console gaming community.

sonofthesuns
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11061 on: June 19, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »

Yeah, the lack of transparency is what’s likely making this my first and last purchase. I don’t mind waiting, but communication is key.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #11062 on: June 19, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »

I can relate to the people getting antsy about their ordered lightsaber.
It's my first time with US, but not my first "custom" saber. And my first one took his sweet time.
As others said before me, responding to emails takes time. Stock management is not always what we want it to be.
As for US multiplying promotions... Well in those covid times it allows them to keep their business afloat.
That being said, it's easy (well not really, like most people I can't wait to get status update, shipping info, etc.) for me to say so because I do not have a particular event to attend or stuff like that.

Then again, my feedback on custom sabers, from US, the other guys or other custom builders online, is to anticipate whatever deadline you may have by a huge margin. Which is not always promotion compatible or even achievable.

Don't despair. They will arrive =)

update : Oh, and hum, I am (im)patiently waiting for my black empress no engravings with sound and fire orange blade.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #11063 on: June 19, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »

I keep seeing the "no transparency" popping up and I honestly am at a loss.  They have been pretty damn transparent from what I can see.  They have posted about the production hold ups, the issues caused by the Pandemic and even their E-Mail fiasco recently.   Even the fact none of them have had a real day off since December because of it.  I dunno how much more transparent they could get.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11064 on: June 19, 2020, 03:33:48 PM »

I keep seeing the "no transparency" popping up and I honestly am at a loss.  They have been pretty damn transparent from what I can see.  They have posted about the production hold ups, the issues caused by the Pandemic and even their E-Mail fiasco recently.   Even the fact none of them have had a real day off since December because of it.  I dunno how much more transparent they could get.

I'm not gonna name names but I've seen other companies that simply do better with more communication. Simple things like "hey this is is where we're at" or a social media post every now and then to remind customers of the situation, particularly new ones go a long way towards easing people's anxieties. None of these posts are readily available anywhere for someone who is new to the company and their product, so any new orders that are going weeks without answered emails or a real expectation of when the product is realistically gonna get into the customer's hands are gonna have unhappy customers and antsy people.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11065 on: June 19, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »

Well, they did say here : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43422.0 that their lead time is now 4 to 8 weeks.
Though it does not account for every delay as I've seen people that are waiting for more than that.
I had to wait more than 6 months for my dooku style saber from the other guys. They did answer my emails and provided explantations for the delays.
I don't know how similar the two companies are regarding employees, staff etc.
So, if US are short staffed, focusing on production rather than answering emails is logical I guess. =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

sonofthesuns
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11066 on: June 19, 2020, 03:58:35 PM »

I'm not gonna name names but I've seen other companies that simply do better with more communication. Simple things like "hey this is is where we're at" or a social media post every now and then to remind customers of the situation, particularly new ones go a long way towards easing people's anxieties. None of these posts are readily available anywhere for someone who is new to the company and their product, so any new orders that are going weeks without answered emails or a real expectation of when the product is realistically gonna get into the customer's hands are gonna have unhappy customers and antsy people.

Exactly this. The onus really shouldn’t be on the customer to go dig for that kind of information, and not every one off buyer has a forum account. Even an automated email would do the trick (like the ones I frequently get for their constant promotional sales?). But I agree that they’re likely understaffed.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11067 on: June 19, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »

Well, they did say here : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43422.0 that their lead time is now 4 to 8 weeks.
Though it does not account for every delay as I've seen people that are waiting for more than that.
I had to wait more than 6 months for my dooku style saber from the other guys. They did answer my emails and provided explantations for the delays.
I don't know how similar the two companies are regarding employees, staff etc.
So, if US are short staffed, focusing on production rather than answering emails is logical I guess. =)

I get that but as someone already said, the onus should not be on the customer to search for that info in a forum that is described as having no super official connection to US and is more of a fan forum. It's great to have the venue to speak but it's not like there's an US team member that chimes into the conversation periodically and it's also not an easy place to find. If a customer isn't aware of the forum they'd never know and only have a bad experience waiting for their item to arrive one day.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11068 on: June 19, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »

I get that but as someone already said, the onus should not be on the customer to search for that info in a forum that is described as having no super official connection to US and is more of a fan forum. It's great to have the venue to speak but it's not like there's an US team member that chimes into the conversation periodically and it's also not an easy place to find. If a customer isn't aware of the forum they'd never know and only have a bad experience waiting for their item to arrive one day.
Upon further reflexion you are quite right. I doubt most customers created an account on the forum or looked for the answer here.
Though the fact they are probably understaffed and can't answer to every email they receive still stands.
The user mentionning US need of a good PR was onto something =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

BrookeN
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11069 on: June 19, 2020, 07:29:12 PM »

Just got our tracking number for my May 3rd order!! We had the the fallen and the savior both with lite sound and mls, 2 addition mls color pieces, phantom initiate v4 staff no sound, and a free initiate in our order. Comes on Monday and we are already planning around it!

Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: