Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2134094 times)
BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #11565 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:10 PM »

Well, this makes me sad.  Yes, of course it has to be taken in context, but having dealt with people, I think I get a sense of where the truth lies.  I certainly don’t get a feeling that this is the passionate company that I assumed it must be, that I think most of us wanted it to be.  If it were, the communications issues wouldn’t be there, for a start.  If this is how customers are being treated, I have very little reason to doubt the stories of employee mistreatment. I don’t want to go to the trouble of cancelling my order, but I can’t see myself placing another.   Undecided

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #11566 on: July 03, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »

I will say for the sake of not stirring up anything, I took a look at those reviews and have a lot of interesting opinions on them that I will not post for the sake of keeping this thread from derailing even more.  I will only say, 12 years in business (from looking at their BBB page) vs. reviews that only started a year ago.

Now, that being said, can we get back on to the topic of this thread which was to talk about what we purchased, why we purchased it, and just venting about the wait times and the like.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11567 on: July 03, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »

Well, if we're going by business days like US does when they list their processing time online ("3-4 weeks, or 15-20 business days"), then today finishes week 5 for me, since I placed my order on a Monday.  

Given the fact that The Fallen is out of stock and Texas is basically going through Coronageddon Part 2, I'm figuring on another 5 business weeks before I hear anything.  Maybe.

Good thing I ordered ahead for Christmas.   Ugh.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11568 on: July 03, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »

I will say for the sake of not stirring up anything, I took a look at those reviews and have a lot of interesting opinions on them that I will not post for the sake of keeping this thread from derailing even more.  I will only say, 12 years in business (from looking at their BBB page) vs. reviews that only started a year ago.

Now, that being said, can we get back on to the topic of this thread which was to talk about what we purchased, why we purchased it, and just venting about the wait times and the like.

Those reviews are from employees and former employees. It's a thing and it hasn't been around long but it speaks to company culture.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #11569 on: July 03, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11570 on: July 03, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »

I just placed an order (#79XXXX) to upgrade my Frankensaber to a Diamond, with a lighted AV switch, a charging port with a fast charger, a Covertec wheel, and a Covertec clip, plus I used the coupon code for the free blade plug.  If I get it before Labor Day (that's the first Monday in September, for those of you not familiar with US holidays), I'll call that a big win, since that would be about 9 weeks. 

It took several attempts to get the information I needed to place the order (confirming the prices I had been given for these upgrades, instructions, etc.), but I simply kept sending an email to [email protected] from the email address used for my account at UltraSabers, and I included the order number from when I had won the Frankensaber in the subject line.  I waited about a week in between each email message, and I stayed polite.

Good luck to all!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11571 on: July 03, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »

I just placed an order (#79XXXX) to upgrade my Frankensaber to a Diamond, with a lighted AV switch, a charging port with a fast charger, a Covertec wheel, and a Covertec clip, plus I used the coupon code for the free blade plug.  If I get it before Labor Day (that's the first Monday in September, for those of you not familiar with US holidays), I'll call that a big win, since that would be about 9 weeks.  

It took several attempts to get the information I needed to place the order (confirming the prices I had been given for these upgrades, instructions, etc.), but I simply kept sending an email to [email protected] from the email address used for my account at UltraSabers, and I included the order number from when I had won the Frankensaber in the subject line.  I waited about a week in between each email message, and I stayed polite.

Good luck to all!

You had the same idea as me - upgrade that bad boy!  I stuck with the regular Obsidian v4 for my Frankensaber,  but got the charging port and Flash on Clash.  I did not specify the color so that'll be a mystery (Oooooohhh...)   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthTrav23
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Chaotic Neutral to the core.

« Reply #11572 on: July 03, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »

Given the fact that The Fallen is out of stock and Texas is basically going through Coronageddon Part 2, I'm figuring on another 5 business weeks before I hear anything.  Maybe.

Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Currently awaiting

The Fallen - RGBW w/ diamond controller

Irishboy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11573 on: July 03, 2020, 07:11:50 PM »

I just got an email about delivery confirmation asking if my order had been delivered, if not to reach out to support in 24-48 hours... I have reached out via email 3x since the beginning of June and have not heard back yet... Order was placed on May 4th of all days. Starting to get a little worried/frustrated/etc.

I thought 2+ months ahead I would have them for groomsmens gifts.. Hopefully they still come in the next couple weeks.

Zylo1010
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11574 on: July 03, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »

Man I just opened my email saw one from US. Got super excited...... another sale ad...... FML

DarrianCZE
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11575 on: July 03, 2020, 08:38:24 PM »

Ok, this is beyond my understanding. I am waiting for 6 weeks now, so they are obviously still flooded with orders, and yet they have the balls to come up with another sale? Damn...

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11576 on: July 03, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »

So.. I've heard back from Customer Service today (giving me my tracking number, which I'd already gotten from the other contact, too Smiley

I'll admit.. since this whole thing started.. I've been doing some.. err.. digging, into Ultrasabers... just to see if my initial suspicions on everything were true. (I hate speculating on things.. and never finding out the truth.. it bugs me to no end.. and my wife will tell you, when I have something that bugs me.. I start doing research.. LOTS of it)

See, I feel like a number of the posts that have been made (both here, and on the reddit lightsaber group) felt a little... too forced. (no pun)

So, after doing a LOT of research, and contacting people that I probably shouldn't (personal boundaries are things I struggle with, when it comes to research Wink ) I typed up a ton of info in this post... and then had my wife (my biggest critic) read it... and after her critique, I've decided, perhaps some of it isn't my story to tell... still got it all typed up.. just not sure if/how to post it all.

So, to respect some privacy a bit more than I would have, originally (figure some of the quotes might be able to be traced back, due to the way they're worded) I thought I'd share some information and paraphrased quotes (in my own words):

• The current order fulfillment issues are a combination of things including: supply chain issues, multiple mechanical breakdowns, and a few personal issues that happened within the last couple of months.
  • Their social distancing is being taken VERY seriously, due to at least one person that was impacted (severely) by Covid.
  • The couple of employees I chatted with, actually are EXTREMELY happy right now, since they have been allowed to learn a trade.
  • The lack of paid bathroom breaks are there for a specific reason (after hearing the reason, I understand why).
  • There's at least one ex-employee who has been trying to start up his own company, doing the same thing, and he's an ex-employee for a VERY good reason.
  • Almost every current employee I was able to chat with, indicated they're happy with their employment and the flexibility they have there. One employee said they were only 'content'. None of the current ones said they were unhappy, angry, or discontent.
  • The ordering system does NOT implement a single digit increase for every order, but they have seen a massive influx of orders, recently. (It's still in the thousands) Partly due to specials, May 4th, Rise of Skywalker home release, and of course.. there are a lot of people staying at home, so they have more time to spend on hobbies.
  • Specials are planned out, well in advance, and the advertising and such are already pre-paid for... so cancelling the specials and such, ahead of time, are actually not really possible.
  • The 'wage' thing, isn't as cut and dry as people make it out to be. Without going too much into it, let me explain it this way: Many food workers are paid minimum wage.. because that's their 'base' payment.. they then get paid tips and gratuities on top of that. So if you look at their how much they're paid per hour, it looks like the establishment that they work at, are cheap. Just as some retail salesmen that sell appliances and the like, aren't paid much as their base wage either.
  • Regarding the supply chain issues, Ultrasabers isn't the only company purchasing aluminum rods for manufacturing processes. Supply and demand kicks in, here.. smaller supply in the chain.. greater demand.. costs have gone up... yet, those costs haven't necessarily been passed onto the customers. Whether this remains true, or not, is yet to be seen.
  • Lack of parts in the chain, are actually one reason why so many of the extras needed for 'Mystery Boxes' aren't available. Normally Ultrasabers has a rather substantial amount of product coming in, to machine.. but since the supply has gotten smaller, there's less raw parts.
  • Current ownership aren't what people have recently made them out to be. Current employees were actually quite upset at some of the ugly comments that were made by the public. It was pointed out, that while the owner might be a bit flashy on social media from time to time, there's a lot they do for others, that no one ever sees... simply because when you do the right thing, you don't brag about it. (specifics were given, but being that I don't know how much of it is public knowledge, I don't feel right sharing it.. needless to say, if it IS true.. I feel like a jerk for ever pushing for my orders... just saying)

So... that all said.. my original thoughts still stand... I believe there needs to be more communication from UltraSabers, but I understand a little bit more, as to why there isn't.

An exact quote I was given, from Customer service, was this:

"Unfortunately there isn’t a blanket statement that will help all of [OUR] customers so we’re doing everything we can to work with each individual order and to get all of our orders out as quickly as possible." (bracketed emphasis is mine)

Hopefully, all of the information I've shared, here, is at least a little useful to folks. Now I get to sit here, and anxiously await my shipment to arrive on Sunday (according to Fedex). Smiley

~ Casp

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11577 on: July 03, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »

knowing your order is in route and waiting for it is in my opinion harder then the long wait for it before shipping

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11578 on: July 03, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

Man, Caspien...all that's missing from that is a mic drop.

A point to you for your efforts, good sir. 

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11579 on: July 03, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »

knowing your order is in route and waiting for it is in my opinion harder then the long wait for it before shipping

Agreed. I've had some.. issues with shipments recently..

Also.. seeing that it's currently in 'Hope' (Arkansas) feels like a premonition to a joke... Wink

~ Casp

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: