Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2132681 times)
Defengar
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11595 on: July 04, 2020, 07:13:39 AM »

UPDATE! I got an email today showing the shipping label has been created for my order placed May 24th! Also got $110 Turbo Tax ripped me off for refunded today, so I am feeling VERY at peace at the moment.  Grin Smiley Cool

Leon35
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11596 on: July 04, 2020, 07:35:36 AM »

So.. I've heard back from Customer Service today (giving me my tracking number, which I'd already gotten from the other contact, too Smiley

I'll admit.. since this whole thing started.. I've been doing some.. err.. digging, into Ultrasabers... just to see if my initial suspicions on everything were true. (I hate speculating on things.. and never finding out the truth.. it bugs me to no end.. and my wife will tell you, when I have something that bugs me.. I start doing research.. LOTS of it)

See, I feel like a number of the posts that have been made (both here, and on the reddit lightsaber group) felt a little... too forced. (no pun)

So, after doing a LOT of research, and contacting people that I probably shouldn't (personal boundaries are things I struggle with, when it comes to research Wink ) I typed up a ton of info in this post... and then had my wife (my biggest critic) read it... and after her critique, I've decided, perhaps some of it isn't my story to tell... still got it all typed up.. just not sure if/how to post it all.

So, to respect some privacy a bit more than I would have, originally (figure some of the quotes might be able to be traced back, due to the way they're worded) I thought I'd share some information and paraphrased quotes (in my own words):

• The current order fulfillment issues are a combination of things including: supply chain issues, multiple mechanical breakdowns, and a few personal issues that happened within the last couple of months.
  • Their social distancing is being taken VERY seriously, due to at least one person that was impacted (severely) by Covid.
  • The couple of employees I chatted with, actually are EXTREMELY happy right now, since they have been allowed to learn a trade.
  • The lack of paid bathroom breaks are there for a specific reason (after hearing the reason, I understand why).
  • There's at least one ex-employee who has been trying to start up his own company, doing the same thing, and he's an ex-employee for a VERY good reason.
  • Almost every current employee I was able to chat with, indicated they're happy with their employment and the flexibility they have there. One employee said they were only 'content'. None of the current ones said they were unhappy, angry, or discontent.
  • The ordering system does NOT implement a single digit increase for every order, but they have seen a massive influx of orders, recently. (It's still in the thousands) Partly due to specials, May 4th, Rise of Skywalker home release, and of course.. there are a lot of people staying at home, so they have more time to spend on hobbies.
  • Specials are planned out, well in advance, and the advertising and such are already pre-paid for... so cancelling the specials and such, ahead of time, are actually not really possible.
  • The 'wage' thing, isn't as cut and dry as people make it out to be. Without going too much into it, let me explain it this way: Many food workers are paid minimum wage.. because that's their 'base' payment.. they then get paid tips and gratuities on top of that. So if you look at their how much they're paid per hour, it looks like the establishment that they work at, are cheap. Just as some retail salesmen that sell appliances and the like, aren't paid much as their base wage either.
  • Regarding the supply chain issues, Ultrasabers isn't the only company purchasing aluminum rods for manufacturing processes. Supply and demand kicks in, here.. smaller supply in the chain.. greater demand.. costs have gone up... yet, those costs haven't necessarily been passed onto the customers. Whether this remains true, or not, is yet to be seen.
  • Lack of parts in the chain, are actually one reason why so many of the extras needed for 'Mystery Boxes' aren't available. Normally Ultrasabers has a rather substantial amount of product coming in, to machine.. but since the supply has gotten smaller, there's less raw parts.
  • Current ownership aren't what people have recently made them out to be. Current employees were actually quite upset at some of the ugly comments that were made by the public. It was pointed out, that while the owner might be a bit flashy on social media from time to time, there's a lot they do for others, that no one ever sees... simply because when you do the right thing, you don't brag about it. (specifics were given, but being that I don't know how much of it is public knowledge, I don't feel right sharing it.. needless to say, if it IS true.. I feel like a jerk for ever pushing for my orders... just saying)

So... that all said.. my original thoughts still stand... I believe there needs to be more communication from UltraSabers, but I understand a little bit more, as to why there isn't.

An exact quote I was given, from Customer service, was this:

"Unfortunately there isn’t a blanket statement that will help all of [OUR] customers so we’re doing everything we can to work with each individual order and to get all of our orders out as quickly as possible." (bracketed emphasis is mine)

Hopefully, all of the information I've shared, here, is at least a little useful to folks. Now I get to sit here, and anxiously await my shipment to arrive on Sunday (according to Fedex). Smiley

~ Casp

Casp, why should we take this at face value? You telling people you went "digging" isnt the same as providing proof you did.

Most of your claims here are legit fine and pretty reasonable and easy to believe. But the explination you provided about wages is absolutely gross.

"Not getting too much into it" isnt a great idea, especially when this is the thing that should worry us about US right now; how they treat their employees.

For the sake on transparency, IF you actually did "digging" please "get into it"

As it stands, the way you have represented US in that statement reads as follows; "We dont feel the need to pay our workers above the minimum wage because we do not value them. Fast food workers/salesman aren't valued and they make more than our employees do because of gratuity/comission."

How would a US employee ever earn gratuity or sales comission?

Forgive me for being blunt. But either you didn't do any real digging (proof please) OR you did and Ultrasabers has an incredibly problomatic stance towards its employees.

Huge Zoids fan. My saber collection below

Dark Apprentice V4 LE (Mystery Saber, Blazing Red LED, Stunt, AV Switch, FIRST SABER!)
Electrum Sabercrafts Remnant D2
Disney Savi's Workshop: Elemental Nature (Green)
Disney Legacy Lightsaber: Ventress (x1)
Master Replica Anakin

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #11597 on: July 04, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »

I followed my order and its path was anything but logical
“Who’s the more foolish... the fool, or the fool who follows?” O.W. Kenobi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

momaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #11598 on: July 04, 2020, 12:29:28 PM »

The only thing I can suggest, since you've got an honest concern, is to keep trying - maybe once a week or so - and remember to put your order number in the subject heading.  And keep being patient and polite; they're slammed with emails right now.  Many of us have gotten responses to our inquiries, and I'm sure you will too.  Once you get that settled, it's all about the waiting game.

Thanks.  Yes that is what I am doing - weekly email request with order number and upgrade request in the subject heading.  And of course polite and courteous.  CS is a hard enough job without people taking their frustration out on you for something you have no control over.

Lost grey and Fulcrum?  NICE! 

I've been eyeing them off for a while and finally decided to do it.  Went Tri Arctic blue to match season 7.

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #11599 on: July 04, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »

UPDATE! I got an email today showing the shipping label has been created for my order placed May 24th! Also got $110 Turbo Tax ripped me off for refunded today, so I am feeling VERY at peace at the moment.  Grin Smiley Cool

Awesome!  What do you have coming to you?

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11600 on: July 04, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »

So that was 6 weeks for your order if my math is right...not too bad, really.  And an extra $110 on top of that?  Pretty sweet.... Cool

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Faust1133
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11601 on: July 04, 2020, 01:58:14 PM »

Does the shopper approved email mean anything or is it a 3rd party email thing? My order still says its processing on the ultrasabers website. I don't want to get my hopes up if it doesn't mean it's actually shipping. There is no tracking number or anything.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11602 on: July 04, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »

Does the shopper approved email mean anything or is it a 3rd party email thing? My order still says its processing on the ultrasabers website. I don't want to get my hopes up if it doesn't mean it's actually shipping. There is no tracking number or anything.

3rd party, from my understanding.   Ultrasabers themselves will send you the tracking info once it ships.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11603 on: July 04, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »

I followed my order and its path was anything but logical

Ugh....shipping issues....

I had one order from Amazon sit at the UPS distribution center in my state for almost 2 weeks before it was finally delivered to me.  Two weeks.  The place is, literally, a 25 minute drive from my house.

TWO WEEKS.  UGH.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Mandalore_Will_Rise
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11604 on: July 04, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »

Nice, hopefully I’ll be able to hear about my May 2 order soon, just hit the 9 week mark

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11605 on: July 04, 2020, 02:28:14 PM »

Nice, hopefully I’ll be able to hear about my May 2 order soon, just hit the 9 week mark

What did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Mandalore_Will_Rise
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11606 on: July 04, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

What did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

A standard Dominicide with Lite sound
[Choose Your Configuration: Lite Sound]
[Choose the color of your blade!: Blazing Red]
[Flash on Clash: No Flash]
[Choose your 2nd color: Blazing Red]
[Flash on Clash Blade 2: None]
[Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Blade Length: Initiate 24"]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Obsidian Lite Sound: Obsidian Lite Soundboard]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-illuminated AV Switch]

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11607 on: July 04, 2020, 03:14:06 PM »

A standard Dominicide with Lite sound
[Choose Your Configuration: Lite Sound]
[Choose the color of your blade!: Blazing Red]
[Flash on Clash: No Flash]
[Choose your 2nd color: Blazing Red]
[Flash on Clash Blade 2: None]
[Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Blade Length: Initiate 24"]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Obsidian Lite Sound: Obsidian Lite Soundboard]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-illuminated AV Switch]

Nice.  I've heard elsewhere on here that they've had shortages of the Dominicide, but I'm sure you'll get yours before you know it.  And when you do get your Golden Ticket, make sure you break out the trumpets and let us know; we do enjoy hearing others' good news.   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #11608 on: July 04, 2020, 05:16:15 PM »

After loading and stacking the split wood from an oak that came down in our yard last year, my son finally saved up enough to order his second Dark Initiate LE stunt with fire orange blade.  And he hasn’t even received his first one yet (5/15).  He’s 12, so I’m proud of his exercise in planning, delayed gratification, and patience.  He doesn’t know that I already have a silver quick disconnect coupler for him.  Should be sweet.  I’m thinking that the short hilts should allow him to work with his 32” blades. 

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #11609 on: July 04, 2020, 05:43:27 PM »

After loading and stacking the split wood from an oak that came down in our yard last year, my son finally saved up enough to order his second Dark Initiate LE stunt with fire orange blade.  And he hasn’t even received his first one yet (5/15).  He’s 12, so I’m proud of his exercise in planning, delayed gratification, and patience.  He doesn’t know that I already have a silver quick disconnect coupler for him.  Should be sweet.  I’m thinking that the short hilts should allow him to work with his 32” blades. 
Dark hilt with orange blade... A young man with taste!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 915   Go Up