Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2124071 times)
SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #13215 on: October 16, 2020, 03:41:09 PM »

Every other company I've seen is being transparent with their timeframes at the point of order and not taking orders for hilts that are out of stock.  Setting an expectation and failing it seven fold is not good business practice.  I will say the US customer services has been great (once able to get in a conversation with them).

Well said, Momaw.  This is exactly what I've wanted to say, but haven't known how to say it.  They've got good customer service, but really irresponsible business practices and downright misleading information on their website.  I hate to say it, but as much as I appreciate US's hard work in this crisis and their beautiful hilts, this is probably the last time I'll be buying from them.

Sure, they're getting more orders by listing backordered sabers as in-stock, but is it worth losing future customers and making a bad name for themselves?

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13216 on: October 16, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »

To be fair, some items are still being shipped not only within 3-4 weeks, but some within 1-2 weeks.

HOWEVER, having said that, giving a longer timeframe to set expectations would (I would hope) go a long way toward alleviating some of the frustration, and would certainly go along with the old saw about under-promising and over-delivering.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #13217 on: October 16, 2020, 06:48:45 PM »

Trust me, I think you'll find that even the staunchest fans of Ultrasabers will agree with this one.  Yes, the CS reps are doing their damndest, but if they'd update the website better, it would take care of most of the emails they receive.

Yes, this is the most puzzling thing. AndI’ve wondered why they just didn’t take a few minutes that would likely save hour for customer service.

I’ve also thought about the above mentioned hilts being listed in stock when they are not.

Then I thought about how sometimes when they have listed hilts as out of stock they’ve shown up in Mystery Boxes.

The only reasonable conclusion I’ve come to in all of this comes under the question: why would US make more work for themselves and add to their own frustration? My best answer is it’s about production...from the machine shop to be precise. The metal bars used to make hilts would have to be in different diameters for the various sabers. So they order what’s available. Some are probably more plentiful than others. The Lost grey, for example, seems to be a larger hilt and has experienced more delays. So I’m going to reason that thicker steal bars are not as plentiful currently.

Add that to the average orders from US and what’s the most equitable runs...meaning, what’s the most cost effective to make based on the amount of sabers ordered because the machines probably need to be broken down and/or reprogrammed for each run. So orders for a few sabers aren’t going to take precedence for those which might constitute a larger run. I.E.: the time it takes to do a number of small runs in a day and getting less produced Vs. larger runs and getting more out in a given day.

Something along those lines is usually how factories work in terms of production. And being short handed and overwhelmed by the number of orders coming in from US, I can almost bet those smaller runs are getting shuffled between the larger orders and this is why the orders sent out by US has no sequential order, why others are delayed longer, and the control over this from one shipment to the next probably isn’t entirely in US hands.

They can call and ask, but if the steel isn’t there like is was prior to the pandemic in the quantities it used to be, I’m thinking it’s a bit of a crap shoot on some of what they get from one shipment to the next.

I could be off base, but something in this ballpark would certainly account for US not doing the simple task of updating their site because if supply and demand is in constant flux...they may not actually know until the machine shop gets their shipment and lets them know what’s possible for the next month or so.

That was long winded...hope it makes sense Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13218 on: October 16, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »

Yes, this is the most puzzling thing. AndI’ve wondered why they just didn’t take a few minutes that would likely save hour for customer service.

I’ve also thought about the above mentioned hilts being listed in stock when they are not.

Then I thought about how sometimes when they have listed hilts as out of stock they’ve shown up in Mystery Boxes.

The only reasonable conclusion I’ve come to in all of this comes under the question: why would US make more work for themselves and add to their own frustration? My best answer is it’s about production...from the machine shop to be precise. The metal bars used to make hilts would have to be in different diameters for the various sabers. So they order what’s available. Some are probably more plentiful than others. The Lost grey, for example, seems to be a larger hilt and has experienced more delays. So I’m going to reason that thicker steal bars are not as plentiful currently.

Add that to the average orders from US and what’s the most equitable runs...meaning, what’s the most cost effective to make based on the amount of sabers ordered because the machines probably need to be broken down and/or reprogrammed for each run. So orders for a few sabers aren’t going to take precedence for those which might constitute a larger run. I.E.: the time it takes to do a number of small runs in a day and getting less produced Vs. larger runs and getting more out in a given day.

Something along those lines is usually how factories work in terms of production. And being short handed and overwhelmed by the number of orders coming in from US, I can almost bet those smaller runs are getting shuffled between the larger orders and this is why the orders sent out by US has no sequential order, why others are delayed longer, and the control over this from one shipment to the next probably isn’t entirely in US hands.

They can call and ask, but if the steel isn’t there like is was prior to the pandemic in the quantities it used to be, I’m thinking it’s a bit of a crap shoot on some of what they get from one shipment to the next.

I could be off base, but something in this ballpark would certainly account for US not doing the simple task of updating their site because if supply and demand is in constant flux...they may not actually know until the machine shop gets their shipment and lets them know what’s possible for the next month or so.

That was long winded...hope it makes sense Smiley

A email I had today from asking if the machinist had given a updated timeframe on the Sentinel LE V5 might back up what you've just stated

"Thank you for your patience. Due to the current state of the world our machine shop that machines all of the hilts is running behind right now. We are trying to get all order filled as quickly as possible but with these delays it makes it hard. It appears as though the Sentinel LE v5 Hilts have been delayed further from the machine shop but I can assist you with making any changes necessary to your order to get it shipped as quickly as possible if you would like. If you would like to wait for the hilts to return to stock that is an option as well. Please let me know what option works best for you so I can assist you.

Thanks for choosing Ultrasabers.  Feel free to email us here with any other questions or concerns.

- Laura

Ultrasabers Customer Service"

I have emailed back to just confirm there is no timeframe as current which is some ways may be better than an inaccurate one (the timeframes may be purely based on what they have been given by the machinist themselves) 
I have also asked whether they can split shipping the order because you never know however I feel it's unlikely especially with me being in the UK, but you never know unless you ask., just ask politely if you do.

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #13219 on: October 16, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »

A email I had today from asking if the machinist had given a updated timeframe on the Sentinel LE V5 might back up what you've just stated

"Thank you for your patience. Due to the current state of the world our machine shop that machines all of the hilts is running behind right now. We are trying to get all order filled as quickly as possible but with these delays it makes it hard. It appears as though the Sentinel LE v5 Hilts have been delayed further from the machine shop but I can assist you with making any changes necessary to your order to get it shipped as quickly as possible if you would like. If you would like to wait for the hilts to return to stock that is an option as well. Please let me know what option works best for you so I can assist you.

Thanks for choosing Ultrasabers.  Feel free to email us here with any other questions or concerns.

- Laura

Ultrasabers Customer Service"

I have emailed back to just confirm there is no timeframe as current which is some ways may be better than an inaccurate one (the timeframes may be purely based on what they have been given by the machinist themselves) 
I have also asked whether they can split shipping the order because you never know however I feel it's unlikely especially with me being in the UK, but you never know unless you ask., just ask politely if you do.

This can be very frustrating, but it is very likely that US doesn't have a good update from the machinist.  Not a good situation all around, but the only cure for it is patience. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13220 on: October 16, 2020, 07:39:30 PM »

I just wish the website was actually up to date on what was out of stock and in stock. I want to order some emitters but I also don't want to wait until 5+ months.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13221 on: October 16, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »

This can be very frustrating, but it is very likely that US doesn't have a good update from the machinist.  Not a good situation all around, but the only cure for it is patience. 

This might be the actual problem, or at least one of them; Nichole told me they expected to have the Dominix LE v5 hilts two weeks ago but only got them this week.  They really hate that they've got their customers waiting like this.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13222 on: October 16, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »

To be fair, some items are still being shipped not only within 3-4 weeks, but some within 1-2 weeks.

HOWEVER, having said that, giving a longer timeframe to set expectations would (I would hope) go a long way toward alleviating some of the frustration, and would certainly go along with the old saw about under-promising and over-delivering.

Absolutely. Being up front on lead times and coming forward when they've experienced a delay would go a long way in preserving the customer base. 

I've been thinking today that upgrading/updating their order system on the website would also be a MASSIVELY worthwhile investment.  I know my order is currently being finished/prepped to ship but it still just says 'Processing' on the order tracking page.  At the very least they could have multiple stages (Received, Processing, Fabrication, Quality Checking, Delayed, Shipping, etc.), but honestly either adopting a system or creating their own that tracks SKU's would save them hundreds of man hours and open them up to fully tackle this backlog.
I just wish the website was actually up to date on what was out of stock and in stock. I want to order some emitters but I also don't want to wait until 5+ months.
Batmike, my best advice would just be to email CS about the specific emitters you're after. I emailed yesterday asking about the Initiate V5 hilts I intend to order for my kids, and Cade(CSR) emailed back within a few hours and confirmed that they would be available immediately.  So it looks like they're getting better about email response times, at least!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13223 on: October 16, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »

I emailed yesterday asking about the Initiate V5 hilts I intend to order for my kids, and Cade(CSR) emailed back within a few hours and confirmed that they would be available immediately.  So it looks like they're getting better about email response times, at least!

This is very encouraging, especially since it's not the same one rep answering emails, but instead it looks like they're all making a collective effort.  I don't want to sound like a cheerleader, but I really hope this means they're starting to turn things around.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13224 on: October 16, 2020, 08:46:09 PM »

Guess who just got his Golden Ticket? 

*Renfield laugh*

My guess is it'll be picked up by FedEx tomorrow and will probably be delivered Monday or Tuesday, I'll have to reroute it like I did the other two orders.  Stay tuned...

The package has been picked up.  Scheduled delivery date is Wednesday.  Now the waiting gets really difficult....

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #13225 on: October 16, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »

This is very encouraging, especially since it's not the same one rep answering emails, but instead it looks like they're all making a collective effort.  I don't want to sound like a cheerleader, but I really hope this means they're starting to turn things around.
I did notice an odd trend, however.

Laura, the one that seems to be handling my order, only responds to my emails once per day, regardless of when my response was sent; conversely Cade and I exchanged 4 emails inside of 2 hours.  While I'm not one to complain about how fortunate I was that my Spectres just happened to be in stock, in reality the emails we've exchanged regarding my pommels/upgrading my Frankensaber could've been exchanged within a few hours of a single business day, which means that ultimately my order could have shipped a couple of days prior to whenever it is set to ship currently.  Like I said, not complaining. Just odd.

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #13226 on: October 16, 2020, 09:04:25 PM »

This might be the actual problem, or at least one of them; Nichole told me they expected to have the Dominix LE v5 hilts two weeks ago but only got them this week.  They really hate that they've got their customers waiting like this.

Ye in truth it seems the delays are purely the machinist currently and not other parts like battery packs. This likely is what leads to the difficulty for US to say what is in and out of stock as likely they are relying on the machinist to let them know. Likely the ones "Out of Stock" on US the machinist has flat out said they will not be able to produce for a while for one reason or another.  

This could also give cause to the lack of website updates by US, they cannot stop selling because they need to pay their employees, if they were to suddenly stop taking orders now they'd likely have to stop paying workers and I'm not sure what the US plan for this is (like the UK Furlough scheme) but it would in the very least mean no one would be answering the emails then so the orders that are active would become radio silent.

Anyway without proper insight into the company it's really hard to give a true reason for all their choices and unfortunately people need to remember we're in a pandemic which has turned the world upside down and while people are excited to get their saber (like myself, I cannot stand the wait), remember it's a luxury item and waiting for it won't kill you.

Hopefully things will change for the better soon

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

momaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #13227 on: October 16, 2020, 09:44:25 PM »

This could also give cause to the lack of website updates by US, they cannot stop selling because they need to pay their employees, if they were to suddenly stop taking orders now they'd likely have to stop paying workers and I'm not sure what the US plan for this is (like the UK Furlough scheme) but it would in the very least mean no one would be answering the emails then so the orders that are active would become radio silent.

I don't know about the United States, but in Australia this practice is highly illegal - misleading and deceptive conduct under the Trade Practices Act.  Selling items they don't have to keep the lights on may even be trading while insolvent (an accountant would know the answer to that one better).

There's a simple solution that would save so much angst on both sides.  Add a status of "backordered" and description that says, "Products on backorder are not currently in stock for fabrication.  These items may be ordered but the timeframe for delivery cannot be guaranteed.  Please contact Ultrasabers before ordering if you would like an indication of timeframes for any backordered items".  They could even add something like "Due to the popularity of this product, it sells out quickly.  Additional hilts are on backorder...".  Gives people reason to get in the queue or risk missing out again if they wait.

Then they can have their cake and eat it.  They can maintain their "fasted" fabrication and delivery rep (as backordered wouldn't factor in), they can keep selling these hilts in the meantime, and customers would be more informed and bombarding them with less emails and anger. 

Surely that's not a hard implementation?

Darth Kalis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #13228 on: October 16, 2020, 10:02:19 PM »

I don't know about the United States, but in Australia this practice is highly illegal - misleading and deceptive conduct under the Trade Practices Act.  Selling items they don't have to keep the lights on may even be trading while insolvent (an accountant would know the answer to that one better).

There's a simple solution that would save so much angst on both sides.  Add a status of "backordered" and description that says, "Products on backorder are not currently in stock for fabrication.  These items may be ordered but the timeframe for delivery cannot be guaranteed.  Please contact Ultrasabers before ordering if you would like an indication of timeframes for any backordered items".  They could even add something like "Due to the popularity of this product, it sells out quickly.  Additional hilts are on backorder...".  Gives people reason to get in the queue or risk missing out again if they wait.

Then they can have their cake and eat it.  They can maintain their "fasted" fabrication and delivery rep (as backordered wouldn't factor in), they can keep selling these hilts in the meantime, and customers would be more informed and bombarding them with less emails and anger. 

That's actually an excellent suggestion

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #13229 on: October 16, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »

First ... illegal?  Lets stay away from making those kinds of inflammatory remarks.   I think everyone can agree that US is doing their utmost to get everyone's orders out as quickly as possible.

And to that end, let me postulate a hypothetical, to hopefully illuminate just how complex this situation is.

Today, I go to the website and I decide I want to order a saber.   I look, and after some internal struggle I finally decide on an Aeon V4 LE with Obsidian Lite, a lit AV, and a Consular Green Tri-Cree LED.

And I place my order.   On the day I place my order, US just got a shipment of Aeon V4 LE hilts in, so there's a whole bin full of them....

....but there are also a lot of orders ahead of mine in the queue.

So, my order sits in queue for 2 weeks, and the day comes to assemble my saber.   Yay!  Except there's a problem.   There are Aeon V4 LE hilts available, but the last shipment of lit AV switches in the color I ordered was short by 100 units due to issues with the supplier.   The guys on the line check, there's another box coming in a week.   So my order gets set aside for a week.

The week goes by, and about half-way through the week my order gets picked up again.  This time there's an AV switch, and the the hilt ... but now there's no Obsidian Lite cards available.   The shipment from the supplier that was due yesterday is late.

Again the order goes back into the queue.

Another week goes by.   Then two.   Then three.   And the Obsidian Lite cards finally come in, a half-shipment, but better than nothing!

The hilt comes down the line again, gets to the assembly, and...    No green Tri-Cree LEDs.

And now there's a quandary on the line, because they're running low on Aeon V4 LE blank hilts, which are also overdue from the machine shop.  So the decision is made to use "my" hilt to fulfill another order, identical to it except it has a Guardian Blue LED.   It goes out the door ... and my order goes back into the queue. 

The customer who ordered the blue saber gets his saber in 9 days.  He is very happy.

Three days later the Aeon V4 LE hilts come in, but now (again) there is a back-order on the Obsidian light cards.   The manufacturer of these cards struggles to get their orders out, and finally gets it out 5 weeks later.  They are over a month overdue.

All parts now in-hand, my order comes up in queue again and the saber is assembled and shipped.

I've waited 11 weeks for my saber, but it is finally on the way.

Now....   At what point did the Aeon V4 LE go out of stock?   Even if US kept the website completely up-to-date on a daily basis on whether the green tri-cree LED, or the Obsidian Lite board, or the green lit AV switches were in-stock or not, it wouldn't have had any effect on my initial order.

These are CUSTOMIZED orders.  They are built to-order, and there is some lag between the order placement and fulfillment.   As I said before, there is no cure for this except patience.   US customer service is doing their best to keep people informed when there are delays, but they're also a small specialty shop.  Bear that in mind when you start wondering why they're not doing this or that. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: