Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2132625 times)
Astronut
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13500 on: January 06, 2021, 11:41:00 PM »

I received an update on my June Lost Grey and Fulcrum and it’s going to be an additional 4-6 wks. I was offered a swap but I’m holding in there. The lovely pictures above affirmed that choice so thank you.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13501 on: January 07, 2021, 03:06:39 AM »

Looks like my mystery package, whatever it is, will be delivered sometime Saturday.   I could always email them and ask, but I'm kind of enjoying the suspense.   In a twisted way...mwah, ha, hah...

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #13502 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »

I received an update on my June Lost Grey and Fulcrum and it’s going to be an additional 4-6 wks. I was offered a swap but I’m holding in there. The lovely pictures above affirmed that choice so thank you.
Yeah, since those sabers are quite unique, had you been hesistating I'd have said to keep on wainting for your order. I've waited a while for my empress and my spectre and they were totally worth the wait.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13503 on: January 07, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »

Existential question! SRD blade. What's best? Blue illuminated AV switch? Or green illuminated AV switch?
Asking for a friend  Roll Eyes

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #13504 on: January 07, 2021, 07:46:44 PM »

Yeah too bad you weren't a part of the "wave" of completions that rolled out and got shipped. I suppose these super popular "newer" sabers based on popular modern show/movie/game designs are just soooo hot that the current supply chain issues limit meeting the crazy demand. I just started playing Fallen Order and now I want a Fallen in crimson or black pretty bad to add to my collection. But I'm a firm believer in sticking by your design as intended. A lightsaber is supposed to be highly personal and have true meaning to it's wielder/owner. So if you want "that design" that much you just have to have patience to wait it out, even through unforeseen delays or backorders. It may be a bit hard at times or for some, but when it arrives I feel like it's completely worth it. I still have to order a curved hilt to modify into a custom IMO what Darth Bane's lightsaber "would look like". Or a Dooku variant would be cool. I have too much on my wish list but love it.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13505 on: January 07, 2021, 07:55:23 PM »

So the winter sale ends today, I'm guessing the winter raffle is next.  If that's the case, I'm going to pull the trigger on the Spectre and the Scorpion; two separate orders, I'm not going to worry about when they'll arrive.  My 15 year old's birthday is this month, my parents want to get him the Grandmaster that he has his eye on, so that'll be another order.

I'm feeling like a kid again, and I'm loving it.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13506 on: January 07, 2021, 07:59:02 PM »

Yeah too bad you weren't a part of the "wave" of completions that rolled out and got shipped. I suppose these super popular "newer" sabers based on popular modern show/movie/game designs are just soooo hot that the current supply chain issues limit meeting the crazy demand. I just started playing Fallen Order and now I want a Fallen in crimson or black pretty bad to add to my collection. But I'm a firm believer in sticking by your design as intended. A lightsaber is supposed to be highly personal and have true meaning to it's wielder/owner. So if you want "that design" that much you just have to have patience to wait it out, even through unforeseen delays or backorders. It may be a bit hard at times or for some, but when it arrives I feel like it's completely worth it. I still have to order a curved hilt to modify into a custom IMO what Darth Bane's lightsaber "would look like". Or a Dooku variant would be cool. I have too much on my wish list but love it.

Oh, I HIGHLY recommend the Fallen.  It's long, so it's not easy to do the Obi-Ani twirling, but it's not heavy enough to be completely cumbersome.   And as a display piece, it's gorgeous.  I'll do a video review when I kick off my YouTube channel, I'm just waiting for some tech supplies I ordered to come in.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13507 on: January 07, 2021, 08:06:26 PM »

I'm honestly more about sparring than pure showmanship, but I do enjoy spinning. I admit it would make a beautiful display piece or 2 of them coupled into a saberstaff! But I'd probably only make it "display only" if I got it signed by the actor at a convention or some such. I had watched him previously on TV and was stunned to see him in SWU. (Especially considering the style of show he was on, not very Disney but I loved that show all the way through) Some of these lightsaber designs based on games are an easy sell to a nerd like myself. But whoever designed that in game knew how to make an attractively aggressive looking concept for sure! I can't wait to buy one. Plus the casting in that game was stellar, many of the character models/voice actors are some iconic individuals in acting. I can easily see why "Eno Cordova" would participate since as an actor he spent years in one of my favorite Sci Fi series, but man is it a well done game overall. I guess I hope to own many such iconic lightsabers eventually, probably more so for display with some "less functional" designs that are more form than function. Especially when you try to grip or swing them. Like I'm told the Graflex is stunning but "harder to grip" or "hold onto" with it's big ridges.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #13508 on: January 07, 2021, 09:16:03 PM »

I admit it would make a beautiful display piece or 2 of them coupled into a saberstaff!

That would look so cool! The Fallen is beautiful!!!!

On another note, switched from Phantom LE v4 saber staff to just the Phantom v4. There were supply issues due to Covid, but they got the regular Dominix hilts in so I was offered to switch and not wait...and let's face it, I'm impatient, so I said yes!  Just waiting for the golden ticket that it's on the way!! Can't wait to share when it comes! Are 32" blades going to be too long with a staff, and should I order some 24" just in case?

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13509 on: January 07, 2021, 10:16:25 PM »

On another note, switched from Phantom LE v4 saber staff to just the Phantom v4. There were supply issues due to Covid, but they got the regular Dominix hilts in so I was offered to switch and not wait...and let's face it, I'm impatient, so I said yes!  Just waiting for the golden ticket that it's on the way!! Can't wait to share when it comes! Are 32" blades going to be too long with a staff, and should I order some 24" just in case?

That depends entirely on your height. This is discussed at length (dang, no pun intended) in this topic: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46428.0 which IMO is a good base rule and one I more or less agree with. My own personal saberstaff is a bit "beyond the norm" described but I expected as much upon design. Also if you want to ask further questions or discuss it further I suggest relocating there. I'd gladly participate as well.
Basically quick answer: I use 32" blades in mine, but personally it also depends on total hilt length and your height as well...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #13510 on: January 08, 2021, 01:26:46 AM »

I've had a Phantom  V4 staff with 32" and 24" blades.   24" look ... wrong.   They're to short.   32" are a little long but they look great and its still short enough to handle. Ideal length would probably actually be 28", but they don't make them in that length so I'd go with 32" and if it is to long you can use a pipe cutter to cut the tube down to 28" and a razor to cut the diffusion film. 

And the Phantom staff is ... just beautiful.   :-)  Though I prefer the V3 to the V4 for staff work.   :-)   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #13511 on: January 08, 2021, 11:15:31 PM »

Thanks y'all!!  Grin

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13512 on: January 09, 2021, 02:36:40 PM »

For whatever reason, FedEx is postponing delivery until some time on Monday...

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13513 on: January 09, 2021, 05:33:05 PM »

For whatever reason, FedEx is postponing delivery until some time on Monday...

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Well...the FedEx app apparently had it wrong; the mystery package has been delivered.  Turns out it was the two sabers I had sent back to be inspected and repaired, and they both seem to be good to go.  Not including delivery/shipping time, it only took about a week.  Not too shabby at all.  Thank you, Bobby F!

So now the question is, what's up with the emitter/pommel order?

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13514 on: January 09, 2021, 05:33:41 PM »

I'm considering the raffle. Though I'm unsure what is more interesing between a huge order to get the mystery box or multiple small ones to get raffle tickets.
I was quite happy with the 2 free initiates I got with my previous orders. But do I really want another? and I like sound sabers better. So a free mystery box without sound... Might not be so interesting.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 915   Go Up