Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »

Doc walked over to Sera, "You okay darling?"

Sera looked coldly, "I'm fine, I just can't believe Llorian tried to kill me."

Doc put a hand on her shoulder, "It'll be alright."

"Will it?" She asked.

Doc smiled sadly, "I know he was your stepfather."

She threw his hand off her shoulder, "He was a monster, you're just trying to make me feel better."

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »

After several minutes, Pasbe had gathered enough wood to create a pyre on which to burn Llorian's corpse. He then placed the man's body onto the pile, and ignited the wood with the heat which Llorian's weapon gave off. Within moments, the flames were roaring. The smell of bubbling flesh filled Pasbe's nostrils and caused his stomach to flip. It was a disturbing sight and nauseating smell. Still, the Jedi felt that he owed the man the respect of at least watching as he was sent on his final journey.

While Llorian burned, Pasbe felt a sense of familiarity with the entire process. It was as though he had done much the same thing before. He couldn't help but wonder how many he had seen die and had been responsible for burning. If this was something that familiar and well known to come back to him without memory, he wasn't sure that he wanted to remember who he had been.

As the body seemed to change into ash, Pasbe turned and began walking back into town. There was so much still ahead of him; he had to work on repairing the damage that he and Llorian had done to Tiems City. He also knew somehow that he had to build a weapon like Llorian had. He had to build a lightsaber; not to wreak havoc as Llorian had, but to defend the innocent against people such as Llorian.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »

Doc approached Pasbe as he reached town, he had a small bag of provisions. "The town all pitched in to give you a gift from us as you go back to the Republic.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »

He was nearly overwhelmed with gratitude for the love and kindness shown by the people of Tiems; especially in the wake of the trouble he had caused and the near disaster his lack of memory had brought about.

Pasbe bowed low before his friend, "Thank you very much, Doc. I cannot begin to thank you, or your people enough. Please know that I will speak to...someone about making sure Tiems is always protected. I will also ensure that no one bothers Tiems, and that there is no other presence here unless you all wish it."

The Jedi smiled again and thought of how natural it felt. He then breathed a light sigh and asked, "Shall we contact the Republic?" 

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2013, 01:06:03 AM »

Doc smiled, "Of course Master Jedi, let's get you home."

Doc takes Pasbe over to Llorian's office where the comm relay is setup.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

Once within the battle damaged room, Pasbe made his way over to the communications equipment. Leaning over the relay, he tapped out a few basic commands without thinking. Once he had tried to think of the proper comm channel though, it escaped him. It seemed as though instincts and habits came back to his mind more quickly than other actions and memories.

Stepping back slightly, he asked Doc, "Who do we contact? And how? I can handle basics, it seems, but nothing specific." The Jedi shook his head slightly and added, "Though even some memory is better than none."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »

Doc smiled, "Well if memory serves there's an old Republic listening post in an asteroid field a few parsecs from here. The comm channel is as such." Doc punched in the frequency, "Try that."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »

Pasbe nodded his thanks and approached the device again. He took a deep, calming breath, and spoke into the communicator. "To any citizens of the Republic, this is Pasbe Stemon of the Jedi Order. I have found myself stranded on Tiems and require transport. Is anyone there?"

While waiting for a reply, the Jedi turned to Doc and said, "I will need to build a lightsaber before I return to the Order. If I make a list of items, can you help me find them?"

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »

Doc started to speak when Icarus came running in from outside, "I can find em mister, I can find anything!"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »

Pasbe smiled even as the comm crackled to life.

Jedi Stemon, this is Denton Styles of Listening Post 42. Where did you say you were?

The Jedi held up a finger to Icarus, asking him to wait for just a moment. "Hello Mr. Styles, thank you for your reply. I am on the planet of Tiems, in the system of the same name. I have been left without a vessel, and require transport. As long as I am brought back into Republic Space, I can make my way back to the Order."

Muting the comm, Pasbe turned back to the young boy and said quickly, "Thank you, Icarus. If you get me a writing instrument and something to write on, I will make you the list."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2014, 09:05:07 PM »

As the boy rushed off to get the necessary items for making the list, Pasbe turned his attention back to the communications system which was again crackling with Listening Post 42's reply.

"Tiems, huh? Haven't heard of too many people heading out there recently. Let me check something.... Yup, we've got a ship nearby that's dropping some folks off for their next rotation. We can have someone there in the morning and then reroute you to...Coruscant. That sound good, Jedi Stemon?"

Pasbe smiled widely and he nodded, momentarily forgetting that the man wouldn't be able to see him. "Yes, Mr. Styles, that would be wonderful. Thank you very much for your assistance. Pasbe Stemon out."

The Jedi turned back to look at Doc and sighed. "Well, that is that, my friend. Soon Tiems will be at peace again, and I will be nothing more than a strange memory."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2014, 09:15:01 PM »

Doc smiled, "It gets a little boring around here sometimes, you're always welcome here.

Icarus ran back in with a piece of flimsi and something to write with he stood excitedly waiting for the man to take it from him.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »

Pasbe bowed low before the man who was now the leader of Tiems and his young friend. "Thank you both, from the bottom of my heart."

The Jedi took the items from Icarus and patted the boy on the shoulder before quickly making a list. It was amazing how quickly things like the items needed for a lightsaber came to him. After a few moments, he had a list of items and gave the list back to the boy. "If you can't find everything, that's alright Icarus. Even some of them will help me."

He then turned back to Doc and answered, "I believe that I would be welcome, Doc. Thank you again for that. I will certainly be back as a friend, and will also keep an eye on Tiems so that no one causes the kind of trouble that Llorian and I have."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »

Icarus scampered off to go find the items on the list. Several of them could be found in town. most of them he'd have to go out into the woods. Which was okay with him, he spent most of his time on these little adventures, but now he got to help a real live Jedi.

He wondered how he knew the Jedi was a Jedi before he knew. It was pretty obvious to him, but he always thought things seemed more clear than the grown ups seemed to think. He'd never liked Llorian, but mommy said not to say that in front of anyone.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »

***The next day***

As the new day dawned upon the surface of Tiems, Pasbe found himself seated in the tall grass, looking out over the river. He smiled as the sun struck the surface of the water, looking like a million crystals shimmering on a silken cloth. This was the life. He had no doubt at all that he could very happily spend the rest of his days on Tiems.

Still, it was not to be. Something within told him that he had to return to the galaxy at large; he was needed. He breathed out a long, sad sigh as the wind whispered through the tall grass surrounding him. He felt a tear roll down his cheek as he thought of leaving this beautiful, peaceful place. Regardless of where he had come from originally, Tiems was now his home. It was where he had been born anew, and he did not want to leave.

There was nothing he could do though. Regardless of his personal desires and pleasures, there was a true purpose for him beyond the shores of Tiems. Slowly, he rose to his feet and began walking back toward the city. Through the night, he had shaved his head once again and trimmed his white beard back neatly. Despite the fact that he was not wearing clothes which he was comfortable in, he was clean and ready to meet the galaxy again.

Icarus had returned the previous night, far later than his mother would have liked, with all of the items on the list. Pasbe had thanked him immensely and sent him back home. As he walked toward the city, Pasbe reached his hand down to feel the newly crafted lightsaber at his side. It felt natural to have hanging on his belt, but he felt an ache within his heart to know that it would be used and that he would not remain to see Icarus turn into a man.

Even as such thoughts filled his mind, his eye was drawn high into the air where a ship was breaking atmosphere. It was his ride back to Coruscant, and then back to wherever Jedi were from. Pasbe looked back on the field, the river, and the forest one last time. With resignation, he turned and headed toward the clearing the ship would undoubtedly land in. His time on Tiems was over.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: