Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Tiems  (Read 28999 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: May 29, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »

Tiems was a planet located within the Tiems system in the Belderone sector of the Outer Rim Territories. It was a largely unpopulated planet, with the majority of its inhabitants located within a single city of the same name as the planet. Beyond the City of Tiems were both the Blue River, and the Gopps Forest; the Blue River to the North, and the Gopps Forest to the South.

There were other settlements outside of the City of Tiems, and these settlements were connected to the City by the Tiems road. These outlying settlements were small; little more than hamlets, and were primarily used by those who worked the land to ensure that the inhabitants of Tiems City would remain fed.

Tiems, as a planet, was mostly ignored by the population of the Galaxy. There was nothing particularly special about the planet or its people. In fact, what took place on that planet would be forgotten about by the Galaxy at large; not even relegated to the halls of legend.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »

The man opened his eyes and stared at large, fluffy, white clouds floating above him in a beautiful, blue sky. There was a slight breeze wafting all around him, causing the tall grass which he was laying in to ripple like a wave in an ocean.

A smile filled the manís face. That moment, the precise point in time in which he found himself was the perfect one; it would have been impossible for it to be any better. It felt as though he had been laying in that place for an eternity, simply staring at the sky and enjoying the warm weather.

How long had he been there though? The thought struck him strangely. In one sense, he had felt as though he had been there forever; that he was where he belonged. In another sense though, he felt like something was somehow wrong. Something seemed to tell him that he was supposed to be somewhere else.

The man sat up and looked around at his surroundings. In the distance, he could see a small city sitting amid the idyllic landscape. In one direction, he saw a forest rising up over the tall grass which seemed to cover the entirety of what he could see, and off behind where he sat, the sound of a river bubbled noisily.

Where am I? How did I get here?

As he asked himself those questions, another, more disturbing question entered his mind; Who am I?

He realized suddenly that the reason that he felt as though he had been lying in the grass for an eternity; because it was the only memory that he had.

What happened to me?

He knew that he couldn't remain in the grass forever; as enjoyable as it might be, it wasn't very practical. He had to find out how he had come to that place, what the place was, and more importantly, who he was. Before he could do that though, he needed a drink desperately.

He rose to his feet, and began walking in the direction of the sound of water. As he walked toward the river, he noticed that he was naked.

What happened there, he wondered absently. It wasn't overly important for him to understand what had happened to cause him to be without clothes at the moment though, so he ignored that fact and continued to walk.

Despite the breeze which made the tall grass bend and sway, it was a warm day on whatever planet the man found himself on. The sun felt nice on his skin; a warming sensation which seemed to reach even into his soul. Perhaps it didn't matter who he was; perhaps all that mattered was remaining in the sunlight.

Finally, the man had reached the banks of the river. The bubbling noise seemed even louder than before. The sound of the rushing water seemed strangely familiar. Just maybe he did belong there; maybe he had been at the banks of that river many times in his life. What other explanation could there be?

The banks of the river were soft under the manís bare feet. As he waded out into the water, the soft riverbed squeezed up between his toes. The water, just like the sunís rays, was warm and pleasant.

The man closed his eyes and raised his face toward the sky. That feeling, the feeling of having the river moving around his legs and the sun on his face, the feeling of a gentle breeze moving through his hair; that feeling was pure paradise.

Wind moving through my hair? I have hair? The thought seemed strange to the nameless man. Though he didnít know where he was or how he had gotten there, though his very name escaped him, it seemed strange that he again had hair. Something told him that he used to be bald.

The man bent down in the river to look at himself. His face was familiar; a face that he knew intimately. He somehow expected to see the fairly young face, with ancient eyes. What was unusual though was the fact that a head which was supposed to be bald was full of bright, white hair. Even the beard which covered his face was white as snow.

He stood up, one eyebrow raised in confusion. Things seemed to be getting stranger all the time. What had happened? He walked back to the banks of the river and sat down to think. What had happened?

As the man leaned back on his hands in the tall grass and thought, he allowed his gaze to wander. He stared off into the distance, looking over the river and into another field of tall grass which swayed in the wind.

He tried to let his mind wander as his gaze did, but the only memories that came to him were the ones of what had happened since he had awoken, staring at the sky. Just as he was about to give up and head toward the city, a single image struck him like a bolt of lightning.

What he saw was a face reflected in the face-plate of a mask. It was his own face, and it was contorted with rage. Murder was in his eyes; murder and utter hatred so deep that it looked as though it would swallow him whole. Was that who he was? Someone filled with anger and hatred? While the memory seemed real, somehow he felt as though that wasn't who he was. The image made him sick to his stomach; how could that face belong to him?

Was he really a murderer? Was he really someone who could be so consumed with hatred; withÖdarkness? No, it couldn't be. He refused to believe that such a dark taint could be on his soul. The only desire he felt was to remain in the sunlight and to experience the peace that was lying in the tall grass. If he really was tainted like that, wouldn't he have some desire for dominance? No, the Ďmemoryí if that was indeed what it was, could not be real.

He would have to worry about his memory later. He had to prioritize; before he needed to know where he was, who he was, or how he had gotten to wherever he was, he had to make it to the city. Perhaps someone there would recognize him. Even if no one knew him though, at the very least, he would find shelter in case the weather decided to turn.

With that in mind, the tall, nameless man set his face toward the city and began walking through the tall grass.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:40:51 PM by BenPass » Logged

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »

The Nameless Man reached the outer limits of the city after what felt like an eternity of walking through the tall grass. He had crossed over empty roads yet  avoided walking on them as much as possible. It was odd, but it felt unnatural and thoroughly unpleasant to walk anywhere other than the grass. The roads were...manufactured. He felt the draw to remain within nature.

Again, the question echoed throughout his mind, Is this who I am? Why is there such a desire to stay with nature? Was I confined? Was I a criminal? Suddenly, another image came to his addled mind. There was a man having the life choked out of his body. He was choking the man! Did I kill him? Am I a murderer? If so, then maybe I should be confined.

The Nameless Man dropped to his knees as his head began to throb. He grabbed two handfuls of his brilliant, white hair and leaned back in anguish. He shouted to the sky, "WHO AM I?!?!?" When nothing answered him save for avians taking flight in fear of the loud noise, he lowered his head to the ground and began to weep. How could he be such a monster? How could those memories be who he really was?

"No, no, no, no, no...please...oh please, don't let that be me..." The man was broken. Despite his best efforts to remember anything else about his life, all he could see was himself choking the other man. He saw his angered face, saw the man struggling to breathe and to get away. What kind of monster was he?

As those thoughts raced over and over in his mind, as he wept until he was exhausted, a name finally came to his mind. Darth Severus. The name was familiar; very familiar. It was a name which caused his heart to race oddly, and made his stomach clench. A name to be reviled. If he truly was this monster that he remembered, then that had to be his name. He raised his head from the ground and stared at the city's gate.

People had begun to gather in the gate's shadow, wondering who was out in the grass. The man rose to his feet and walked toward them. He knew who he was. Now, he had to face whatever life had in store for him. As people whispered back and forth to each other asking who the man was, he turned and stared at them. Despair gripped his heart because of the revelation. He spoke, voice heavy with emotion, "My name is Darth Severus."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »

Giving voice to the name which he had only just learned, 'Darth Severus' felt a chill grip his heart. It was as though death itself was trying to pull his soul from his body and damn him to eternal darkness. How could he be such a person? How could he be such a cold-blooded murderer? Before the memories had begun, he had felt at absolute peace. He felt as though he was in paradise, yet now he felt as though what life he had was hopeless and without meaning. He lowered his head and let out a long, slow sigh. Why did I have to ask who I was? Why couldn't I leave well enough alone?

As he moved closer to the crowd that had gathered, the people began retreating slowly. Children were pushed behind their parents to be kept clear of the newcomer; the one who claimed to be one of the fearsome Darths. One child in particular caught the man's attention. A little boy, no more than six standard years old, protested being put somewhere that blocked his view. "But he doesn't look scary momma!"

The man who had until recently been nameless, turned and looked at the mother and child. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he said, "I am scary. I have killed people." Again, the rage contorted face filled the man's mind. He barely whispered, "I'm a monster."

The frightened mother turned quickly, grabbed her child, and began rushing back to her home or some other place of safety. She didn't want the monster, the Darth, to harm her son. Other parents took that as a sign that they should escape as quickly as possible also. Soon, the great crowd that had gathered had dwindled to only a few brave souls who were prepared to defend their city against 'Darth Severus'.

Broken at the sight of children and parents retreating from him, the no longer nameless man spoke to those who remained. "Please believe me when I say that I don't plan to hurt any of you. I won't even enter your city and taint it with my presence. Just, please, allow me to have enough supplies to live out my life in the wilderness."

Keeping a close watch on the newcomer, lest he take them by surprise, the remaining inhabitants of Tiems City gathered together to discuss the man's fate. 'Darth Severus' could not hear what was said, but he had no doubt in his mind that they would seek to kill him. And I would deserve it, he thought sadly.

Before any of the citizens could decide a course of action, the man changed his mind. "Please forget the supplies. Justice must be served. Please contact the authorities. I will wait by the river, and stay there until the..." what group is it that would have authority? Ah! The Republic! "Until the Republic can come for me. I deserve punishment, and I will submit to it." With those words spoken, the man with nearly no memories turned on his bare heel and began walking back toward the river; toward the place where he had first begun to remember.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

Time. What did it mean in a place like the one where 'Darth Severus' found himself? He could have been in his position by the river's edge for mere minutes, or he could have been there for an eternity. If he risked closing his eyes, his own angered face would taunt him mercilessly. Something within his spirit told him that the Republic wouldn't be coming for him. Likely, once the citizens of the city had been rid of him, they thanked whatever deity they served, and went about their days.

Why was so much of his past locked away from him? Had he performed acts even more unspeakable than choking a man to death? Had he been guilty of such tremendous and horrifying crimes that his mind was trying to protect itself? One part of him thought that it had been precisely that; he was a monster after all. Still, a small, almost unnoticed voice seemed to say, "That's wrong." Even so, the voice seemed to be getting more and more faint all the time.

As the tormented man looked off into the distance, he noticed that the planet's sun was beginning to set. Was that the first time that he had witnessed the sight? The second? Or had he been in that position for eternities as it seemed to feel? Perhaps the feeling that he had once been without hair was merely a memory of a forgotten time.

The thought struck him strangely. Maybe he had been on the planet for so long that he no longer remembered it. Perhaps one day had blended into the next for so long that he no longer remembered anything beyond the present. If that were the case, then how long had he been there? Was he...eternal? Could he be one of those creatures that all cultures had stories of; a being that never died? The faint voice said, "No," but it made sense. 

If he was in fact, eternal, then perhaps he had killed that man eons before. Just maybe, he had already served his time; paid the price that needed to be paid so that he could be forgiven. The faint voice seemed to come back with a vengeance at that point though. It nearly tore his heart in two when it practically screamed, "You can never pay for murder!"

The voice, the urging within his spirit was right; murder was an awful thing, and regardless of how long he sat there, alone, it would never be enough. It would never be enough. The thought resounded within him; it would never be enough. He would never be able to pay for murdering that man. He would never be able to wash that blood off of his hands. The thought made him feel incredibly small and hopeless.

'Darth Severus' curled up into a ball on the banks of the river, trying to keep himself warm as the sun continued to set. As he closed his eyes to sleep, more images came to his mind. Images of him cutting a man's hand off, of him fighting another man with the intention to kill him, of him choking that man to death. His eyes welled up as he squeezed them tighter, willing the peace of sleep to come to him. Unfortunately, even when sleep did come, it was not peaceful.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »

His rest, if such it could be called, was short and turbulent. Throughout the night, he had watched more and more 'scenes' from the encounter with the nameless man that he had choked to death. He saw through his own eyes, the man trying to reason with him. He saw that the man held a cylinder in his hand, seemingly hesitant to have even drawn it from his belt.

'Darth Severus' saw a similar cylinder in his own hand. Though it was strange to see the odd shaped pieces of metal, what made him feel sick was the sheer rage he felt toward the other man. He couldn't hear what the man was saying, but between the hatred and...sorrow, he wanted to ensure that the other man could never speak again.

The tormented man watched his memory in horror as he somehow activated his own cylinder and attacked the other man with a shaft of light. The man dodged and tried to avoid the strikes which 'Severus' leveled at him, but it only fueled the rage in his heart. As the memory continued, 'Darth Severus' was helpless to wake up, or to somehow end the memory. Rather, he continued to watch, appalled at his own actions. He knew what was coming.

The memories flashed forward, leading to the point when he choked the man without remorse. He watched his own rage contorted face in the man's mask, barely recognizing his own features. Not for the first time, he wondered how he could have become such a monster. He saw himself back away from the man; surely he had murdered the man. And why? WHY?! The answer still eluded him.

Over and over, the scenes played in the man's mind, never allowing his mind to actually rest. He slept, yet he could not find peace. It seemed as though some malevolent being had seen fit to torture him without reprieve. His heart felt as though it would break as he watched himself choke the mysterious man, time and again.

As he watched the memory for what felt like the hundredth time, he tried anything he could to stop the cycle. He screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to warn the man that he would inevitably kill. He tried to hold his arms back, tried to plunge the strange, glowing stick into his own body. Still, there was nothing he could do.

As he watched the memory of his rampage continue, all he could do was watch as the inevitable conclusion came around. Again, he saw himself choke the man. Again, he saw his contorted face. Again, he moved backward, leaving the man where he laid on the ground. The one difference in that remembrance was a small voice; the faint voice that he had heard before. "...my love, what have you done?"

He sat up, finally breaking the vicious cycle of memory and dream. He was drenched in sweat. The question ran throughout his mind, accusing him. "...my love, what have you done? What have you done? My love? My love, what have you done?" He grabbed his head with both hands and rocked himself back and forth as the voice came even more quickly, the words running together.

Whathaveyoudonemylovewhathaveyoudone? Mylovewhathaveyoudoneyoudoneyoudone? Whathaveyoudonemylovewhathaveyoudone? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Would his torment never end? He cried out, more beast than man, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

His heart was breaking as he gave voice to his agony. He continued to scream until his throat was raw, and still he continued to scream. The disappointed and accusing voice was even worse of a punishment than the vision of him choking the mysterious man to death. "...my love, what have you done?"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »

'Darth Severus' was torn in two. One part of him wanted to know what else was locked away in his mind; what other memories were hiding below the surface and could reveal the kind of man he really was. What if there was a reason to kill him? The other part of him was terrified to learn who he was; who the memories would reveal. From what he already knew, he was a murderer and a monster. What if there were even worse things locked away? What if those things would cause him to lose his mind, perhaps again, and have him repeat this entire nightmare?

At last, he decided that he couldn't risk it. He could not allow the kind of monster that he seemed to be, see the light of day ever again. What if finding out who I am, causes those feelings to resurface? What if I unleash that monster on this beautiful world? It's too dangerous. He sighed heavily. The small voice in his spirit seemed to quiet down, and give him time to think. Still, it only raised more questions such as, who was she?

He shook his head as more immediate concerns came to his mind. His throat was damaged from his anguished scream. He had to look after it. He began walking toward the great river which was his only companion any longer. He needed water desperately. Perhaps fortunately, his appetite had waned more and more as the memories resurfaced. He had come to a point where he no longer cared if he ever ate again.

He knelt down at the very edge of the river, and began to drink from its life-giving water. It seemed that regardless of how much he drank, it could not quench his thirst, and it could not ease the burning of his throat. Because of that lack, that refusal to be satisfied, 'Severus' continued to drink, and drink, and drink.

Suddenly, his head began to ache again. The rush of the river seemed familiar. "AGH!" The sound seemed to attack him from all directions, bombarding him with noise. He squeezed his eyes tight, leaned away from the river, and grabbed his head with both hands. A new memory, a new vision came at him in flashes; a memory which only cemented his feeling of being a cold-blooded murderer.

He saw a young man, clothed in robes, looking directly at him with a concerned look. As 'Severus' watched the memory, he saw himself raise a hand toward the young man, and somehow, throw the man away. He watched as the man landed hard against a wall, saw the shock on the man's face, and then, everything went black.

'Darth Severus' woke up lying on the bank of the river. How long he had been unconscious, he did not know. Who was the concerned young man? Why did he attack the young man? Had he killed him as well? Despite the sun which warmed his body, 'Severus' felt cold as he was again, shrouded in despair. The more that he learned about himself, the less he wanted to know.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »

He couldn't take it any longer. He didn't have to learn anything else about himself to know that he had been a monster, and there would never be any way to pay for what he had done in the past. Still, he had the chance to turn his life around and change the kind of person he was. He had this new chance, this opportunity to spend the rest of his life trying to atone for his sins.

He stood to his feet, a determined look on his face. I can't stay here sulking any longer, he thought with an energy that he didn't quite feel. He paused for a long moment, trying to figure out what his next step would be. He certainly couldn't embrace the evil past that he had. As he considered what he truly desired, he realized what he had to do; he had to make sure that no one ever followed the path that he had. There was only one way to do that.

'Darth Severus' set his face toward the city and began marching. He wanted to run, now that he had a goal, but he knew that it would ruin the image that he hoped to present. Being nude was problematic enough, but showing himself to be unrestrained could be even less appealing. Despite his preference to remain on the grass rather than the road, when he saw an approaching man, he stepped out.

The man was obviously shocked to see a large, naked man standing in front of him, but still asked, "Can I help you with something?"

'Severus' grinned and replied, "Yes you can. Give me your clothes." Before the man had a chance to argue, the white-haired man with little memory held out a hand and said sternly, "Give me your clothes. NOW." The man began to turn, looking as though he was ready to run. 'Darth Severus' could not allow that to happen. Using nothing more than his instinct, he poured every bit of energy into a single thought: STOP.

As the command was thought, the man stopped in his tracks, and began to be lifted up into the air. He struggled, trying to free himself from whatever force prevented him from getting away. 'Darth Severus' commanded, "Give me your clothes, or things will begin to get even more troublesome for you."

Fear filled the man's face as he struggled to remove his clothing while suspended in the air. Once tunic and pants had been removed and had fallen to the ground, he began to be lowered back to the ground. "Wh...who are you," he asked in horror.

'Darth Severus' was upset to see the look on the man's face. "Do not fear me. Rather, go into the city and prepare them." He completely set the man down on the road, and then began dressing himself. Once he was dressed, he looked up into the sun and allowed a smile to fill his face. "Tell my people that their ruler is approaching. My reign will begin, and it will be one where all will prosper."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »

As 'Darth Severus' approached the city, he noticed something strange. The people of the city were gathered as he had expected, but they did not seem ready to welcome him with joy. Rather, he sensed a spirit of...fear? Fear and anger. Why would they be so afraid? I come to bring them peace and prosperity. I will have to convince them of my intentions, he thought.

He came even closer to the gathered people, and as he did so, he noticed that some of them had weapons. Others held sticks and various makeshift weapons. Every one of the citizens seemed ready to attack him as soon as he came closer. Well, we can't have any of that, now can we? 'Severus' concentrated carefully and began pulling the weapons out of the hands of the citizens, one weapon at a time. He couldn't understand how or why he was able to do such things, but that he was able to do it was all that mattered at the moment.

Once the people were disarmed, he spoke in a loud voice; a voice that boomed with authority. "My people! Why do you greet me in such a manner? I am the one who will ensure that crime is not permitted to stand here! I am your ruler!" He thought for a moment. Yes, that was the term that he wanted. "I am your savior!"

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »

::Various NPCs::

Llorian Dorph, a native of Tiems and local botanist spoke up. "We don't need a savior, The Republic, and Empire alike forgot about our world long ago, and we've been better off without them. We are a simple people, and we don't need you mucking about!"

A few nervous jeers of agreement rang out from the crowd of the sleepy town.

Sera Jex remained relaxed and seated on a bench, her skirt lightly blown by the wind. It was a beautiful day, aside from the weird white haired gentleman coming into town and claiming lordship over them. She sighed, and this was her day off.

A young boy no older than six standard years old peeked out from behind his mother, she did her best to restrain him but the boy weaseled out of her grasp and ran towards the towering figure standing before them. The tension was so tight one might hear the wings of a butterfly beating on the wind.

The boy walked defiantly up to the man and tugged on his clothing, "Hi! My name's Icarus, who are you?"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »

Llorian Dorph, a native of Tiems and local botanist spoke up. "We don't need a savior, The Republic, and Empire alike forgot about our world long ago, and we've been better off without them. We are a simple people, and we don't need you mucking about!"

A few nervous jeers of agreement rang out from the crowd of the sleepy town.

Sera Jex remained relaxed and seated on a bench, her skirt lightly blown by the wind. It was a beautiful day, aside from the weird white haired gentleman coming into town and claiming lordship over them. She sighed, and this was her day off.

A young boy no older than six standard years old peeked out from behind his mother, she did her best to restrain him but the boy weaseled out of her grasp and ran towards the towering figure standing before them. The tension was so tight one might hear the wings of a butterfly beating on the wind.

The boy walked defiantly up to the man and tugged on his clothing, "Hi! My name's Icarus, who are you?"

'Darth Severus' looked down at the child and smiled. "My name is...Severus," he said, unsure why he had hesitated to say the name. "I'm pleased to meet you, Icarus." He bowed his head solemnly. Something was strange; a tear had spilled down his cheek. Why did the sight of the young boy elicit such strong feelings of both kindness and sorrow?

Choosing to worry about that until later, he patted Icarus on the head and then looked up at the gathered men and women. His eyes seemed to blaze with an energy, yet his voice was as cold as the grave. "I am not of the Empire or the Republic. Rather," he said with a smile that showed no pleasure at all, "I am of...this place; whatever it may be. And I am not 'mucking about' as you claim. In fact, you will learn that I can be very specific in my goals and the...execution of those plans."

After a moment of silence, the cold and calculating demeanor shifted again, leaving 'Severus' with a gentle look on his face. He smiled, that time, a look of pleasure and kindness. "You only think that you don't need a savior because you've been without one for so long. Believe me, children, things will become so much better with me as your leader."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »

The crowd grew restless, as they discussed the arrival of their new "lord"

The mother of the young boy looked terrified, as if she wanted to rush out and grab him, but she dared not approach the hulking figure of a man that so easily disarmed her people.

Meanwhile Icarus tugged again at the strange man's robes, "Mister, my daddy says that people who want control are afraid. Are you scared mister? I'm not scared of anything."

The boy's face was innocent, but resolute, as if he grasped some ultimate truth that was beyond mature beings.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »

The crowd grew restless, as they discussed the arrival of their new "lord"

The mother of the young boy looked terrified, as if she wanted to rush out and grab him, but she dared not approach the hulking figure of a man that so easily disarmed her people.

Meanwhile Icarus tugged again at the strange man's robes, "Mister, my daddy says that people who want control are afraid. Are you scared mister? I'm not scared of anything."

The boy's face was innocent, but resolute, as if he grasped some ultimate truth that was beyond mature beings.

The tall man bent down to speak to the boy face to face. The seams of his appropriated clothes seemed to creak with the effort of keeping the man covered. Once 'Darth Severus' could look the boy in the eye, he explained, "I am afraid, Icarus. I worry that there will be evil people who come here, or even those who would want to hurt you, and my other children."

He then looked at the rest of the people. He continued to speak to Icarus, but his words were intended for the other citizens as well. "I have come so that you do not need to be afraid. I have come so that bad people, evil ones, will not try to hurt anyone. I have come so that you can grow up under my care, my protection, and my loving kindness."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »

Icarus kept tugging at Severus' robe as he spoke. When he gained the attention of the man he spoke, "Mister we don't need no leader, my Daddy says men should be free. I like you though, will you be my friend instead?"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »

Icarus kept tugging at Severus' robe as he spoke. When he gained the attention of the man he spoke, "Mister we don't need no leader, my Daddy says men should be free. I like you though, will you be my friend instead?"

'Darth Severus' smiled sadly at the boy. He seemed so sincere, so innocent. Still, without the proper leadership, without the proper guidance, Icarus could easily grow up to be the same kind of monster that he had been before his awakening. No, these people had to have a leader, whether they wanted one or not.

The man looked Icarus in the eyes, his own eyes watering slightly, "I'm sorry, but you do need a leader. I will be your friend, Icarus, but my children need my guidance." The tall man rose to his full height, pulled down on the shirt which he had appropriated in order to straighten it out, and then folded his arms. It was obvious that he meant business and that something was about to happen.

When he spoke, his voice boomed with authority, "I tire of this standing around. Who will show me to the place where I will dispense justice? Or shall I pass judgement on your crimes from the gate?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: