Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Situational Awareness  (Read 1065 times)
Fallen Jedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« on: May 29, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

Ya know its kinda funny. Since I started into this whole saber thing I have really been thinking about a build of my own. A simple one to start do a sink tube with the sink drain pipe idea like I am sure you have all seen in the past with just a light.  The thing if it is I am so new to this that I have been racking my brain for the cosmedics of the hilt. Some you see look so complicated with the groove work I just see it as so artisitic. So here I am ... thinking thinking handle .. what do I want and how do I do it.

I am puttering around in my back shed and go to move my motorcycle to the other side and it hits me right between the eyes,,,,, the handle grips on the bike. I had replaced then with custom ones a year or two ago but still had the original ..... so in Cartman's voice "Sweet" since then I continue to see everyday house hold items now that would fit quite nicley on many different builds.... I guess it just comes with the mind set and looking at things around you in a different light. So I guess my situational awareness had shifted..... now I guess it depends on which way it goes from here,,,Sith Or Jedi ..... Perhaps Grey,,,,

Without Darkness we would know to look for light..

If the dark and the light combine... there will be balance.

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »

Ya know its kinda funny. Since I started into this whole saber thing I have really been thinking about a build of my own. A simple one to start do a sink tube with the sink drain pipe idea like I am sure you have all seen in the past with just a light.  The thing if it is I am so new to this that I have been racking my brain for the cosmedics of the hilt. Some you see look so complicated with the groove work I just see it as so artisitic. So here I am ... thinking thinking handle .. what do I want and how do I do it.

I am puttering around in my back shed and go to move my motorcycle to the other side and it hits me right between the eyes,,,,, the handle grips on the bike. I had replaced then with custom ones a year or two ago but still had the original ..... so in Cartman's voice "Sweet" since then I continue to see everyday house hold items now that would fit quite nicley on many different builds.... I guess it just comes with the mind set and looking at things around you in a different light. So I guess my situational awareness had shifted..... now I guess it depends on which way it goes from here,,,Sith Or Jedi ..... Perhaps Grey,,,,

Without Darkness we would know to look for light..

Grey is the dawn before the rise of the light. Strive for the light. You'll find it in simply upholding the tenants of the jedi and be stronger for it.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »

Grey exists between the times, when neither the night-dwellers nor the light-warriors can clearly see their paths, but we of the twilight trust in the Force to guide us.  This is when there is no light, and no dark, all is one.

Plus, when you're grey, you get to hang with the Sith AND the Jedi.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:11:13 PM »

Read about how the original lightsabers were made, if you dont know all ready. Pretty much picking up different parts of hardware equipment and camera handles with other things and putting them together. Love it. Love how minds can be so creative finding random pieces and making them into something more. Just hit up hardware stores, flea markets, good will stores, and just look for pieces. All you really need as a base is a metal hilt. So, just go from there. Light or dark, doesnt exactly matter now. You can always make another saber.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: