Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume Mishaps  (Read 1971 times)
thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »

So I was thinking about all the times I have tried a costume and all the times something has gone wrong with them in one way or another. I was also thinking about how the knowledge of such things may have helped myself in process of actually making the costume. So, I figured why not start a thread about things that have gone wrong with our costumes, or even sabers for that matter. Share a laugh or two, and hopefully learn from each other.

I have quite a few costumes, and somethings have gone wrong with them. One instance I thought was pretty funny was basically my cape situation. Not a fan of robes since my arms move around a lot, so I have a thick cape. Well, they dont go well in a fight. Especially when you spin the saber around. So, doing a normal downward spin with my right hand has resulted in many a times where my cape goes straight over my head. On the plus side though, the kids seem to love it when that happens.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »

I made my robe out of an old canvas tent.  Surely nothing can go wrong here...

Actually the worst thing that's happened is my saber's pommel catching on my robe's sleeve, wrecking my twirl and sending the saber end-over-end into the bushes.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »

Hah, that is still pretty funny though. I remember one time at a con actually wait, I think there is a vid. Yeah, here we go. This was a couple friends and I at the Texas Comic-Con in San Antonio going over something we call a 4 point. Just 4 diagonal attacks. Anyway, my blade decides to do its own thing at the end. Sorry bout the poor quality.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ3IG5TPaX8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ3IG5TPaX8</a>

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »

There was that time at the Super Bowl, I was singing with Justin Timberlake, and he "accidentally" ripped my shirt, exposing my......you knows.  Cheesy

Seriously though, one ime on Halloween, I dueled with another kid and broke one of those cheap Hasbro sabers. For the rest of the night I was a saber-less Sith, which basically meant a kid in black t-shirt and jeans wearing a plastic cape! lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 03:10:37 AM »

Hah. You were still in training and they didnt let you have the glowy pary yet?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »

Hah. You were still in training and they didnt let you have the glowy pary yet?

Exactly. My Master was very angry that I broke my training saber. And everyone thought I was a Vampire or something, but they gave me candy anyway, so....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 12:50:41 PM »

There was that time at the Super Bowl, I was singing with Justin Timberlake, and he "accidentally" ripped my shirt, exposing my......you knows.  Cheesy

Hahaha I was just gonna say the same thing.  When I saw the title of this thread I instantly thought of Jedi or Sith wardrobe malfunctions lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: