Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: REVIEW: The Jedi Path *Pic Heavy*  (Read 1188 times)
Celtic47
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Mentlegen.

« on: June 03, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »

The Jedi Path

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvB-xCWU-7g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvB-xCWU-7g</a>

Eeyup.

So here it is, in all its glory.

The "vault" this book comes in is SERIOUSLY awesome, and I giggled like a five-year-old when I first pushed that button. The cool thing is that once you reset the platform inside with an audible *click* as you push it back down, just about anything that fits can be put in there and contained for whatever  reasons you like. In this case, a fancy letter opener!

The book itself doesn't have any copyright, barcode, etc. on the surface or the beginning pages, all that stuff is on the actual cardboard box the vault comes in. This is meant partly as a book, and partly as a prop it would seem. It's faux leather/moleskine on the cover, and the pages are roughed up looking and have an old-paper feel to them. Even the illustrations feel like they could've been watercolored in. All in all, this thing looks and feels legit.

When you open it, you see a list of the former 'owners' of the guide with a note by none other than Luke Skywalker himself, describing how the book came into his possession during the New Republic era.

There's all kinds of other goodies tucked into the pages of the guide, and finding them as you read along really makes it feel substantial and genuine (at least in my mind).

As you can see, those who have had the book have made their own little annotations and comments in the text. Some about philosophy, combat strategy, or even smashball and who even plays it anymore. It also references the EU a bit, which pleases me greatly.

Here are all the goodies that come within the novel. They are:

Some notes from Luke Skywalker and a singed piece of paper with the Jedi Code written on it.

A foldable map of the Jedi Temple

A Jedi Star Fighter patch (actually reads 'Star Fighter' in Aurebesh)

A napkin from Dexter's Diner with Obi-Wan's last lightsaber designed on it (my personal favorite item)

And finally Qui-Gon Jinn's padawan braid as well as a Jedi credit

I found the Jedi credit's top hole to be big enough to put it on a keyring, so you can show it off if you want.  Grin

Overall I think it's an absolutely great collectible, and if you're a die-hard fan like me it's worth the $60 or so spent. It's interesting to read and they got the characters' personalities down in the annotations quite well, plus the level of detail put in is just great. It takes you from Initiate to Master and even to "Transcending Death", as well as going into detail about the Jedi Service Corps. and ExplorCorps. If you want a genuine in-universe Star Wars book, look no further than this. Unless you want to get 'The Book of Sith', which I just might when I can (It comes in a Sith Holocron! How cool is that?!).

Thanks for reading, and may the Force be with y'all.

(Extra pics, yay.)

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:24:44 AM »

That is most excellent. If I weren't trying to save money for a car I'd buy them both right now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: