Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Catalyst, Sunrider's Destiny.  (Read 3961 times)
Kasei
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

« on: June 04, 2013, 05:07:03 AM »

Less than 2 weeks! Yes, thats right, thats how little time it took for my very first ever UltraSaber to show up. From the time I placed the order [the very last day of the "Deal of the Day" for the dark catalyst], to the day it showed up at my door. Now thats service.

Pictures will come later, once I figure my way through that.

Needless to say, I am VERY pleased with the results of my purchase. Some background info: I got the Dark Catalyst with a 24" UltraEdge blade. Sunrider's Destiny and a green AV switch. And yes, I got the Obsidian Sound. All that adds up to a very very impressive piece.

I am a dwarf, so I have small hands, so I am very much in love with the choke point on the Catalyst. Though I find the main part of the body is easily grip-able with the grooves. I probably could do with a couple more inches of blade length, but the 24" initiate blade is quite adequate. I am one of the rare folks who thinks the whole thing should be heavier on the hilt end. [I mean, it supposed to be a lightsaber, there should be no weight to the blade  Wink ]

My future plan is to swap out the pommel and emitter and make my own personal saber [one of the high benefits of Ultrasabers in my opinion]. As for the near future, I am off to show off to my friends. I know several have shown interest in Ultrasabers.

Thanks to Emory and his whole crew.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »

Nice buy. Post some pictures. Lol. You could get a Dark Shock emitter and a Malice round pommel since that certain hilt is all MHS. That'd look sweet I think.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kasei
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »

Zren Tobas: I was thinking the Overlord emitter, and the aluminum[or is it silver] regular Catalyst pommel. I even have a name for the creation, the "Impulse" [get it, a synonym of Catalyst]

Kasei
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:22:15 AM »

Can someone please tell me the easiest ways to load pictures on to the forum? Can you only upload from a web address like Flikr. Or can you upload pictures from your computer directly? And if so, how? I have looked for the Attachment option down in "Additional Options" but it does not appear. Sad

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:04:14 AM »

Join Photobucket if you haven't yet then use the IMG link. It posts the pictures directly. We prefer picture uploads from Photobucket.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:45:38 AM »

@Kasei....The Overlord emitter would look simply BadA@@ on this saber my friend.....Wise choice indeed!

Point for sure on this one

Cheers

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

Remember the Catalyst series has a unique LED so the choke will have to stay put, however, the crown emitter can be removed. So I think the Overlord emitter would be awesome with that choke! As far as pommels go, I'd say get the Guardian or Archon pommel! Or one of the square Malice pommels would work nice with the setup too! Hope to see pics soon.

PS. The reason I got my sister (she's almost 20) an initiate is the same as your condition. She's a dwarf too, so I got her a nice short saber yoda style! Lol

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Kasei
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »

Finally got some photos ready, hope everyone likes.

It looks so small on a big floor, but wow is it stunning to look at, with the lights on...

Or off.

Green AV switch, hot damn...

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »

Nice I love the dark Catalyst.  I also love the color choice.  CG just looks best in dark sabers.

Dark side points please

Kasei
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »

Nice I love the dark Catalyst.  I also love the color choice.  CG just looks best in dark sabers.

Deadcow: It is actually Sunrider's Destiny. I like the more 'aqua' color, not blue, and not quite green. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: