Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Force effect eyes  (Read 13301 times)
Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« on: June 04, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »

Hi guys!

I've been thinking for a while, if the Sith have their eye colour changed by exposure to high levels of the Dark Side, then perhaps the Jedi could also be affected by prolonged exposure to the higher levels of the Light side.

Anyway, here's a pic I edited to show the effect I mean!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »

That would make sense.

Lead a clean life in balance with the Force and remain healthy and full of vigor, the blue eyes would be a bonus and related to the opposing yellow of corruption.

Good thought!

I fixed your pic for you Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »

That would make sense.

Lead a clean life in balance with the Force and remain healthy and full of vigor, the blue eyes would be a bonus and related to the opposing yellow of corruption.

Good thought!

I fixed your pic for you Cheesy

Thanks, but there's two problems with the fix; 1, the eyes are now the wrong way around, and 2, There's no eye detail in them. I was aiming more at an Anakin Ep.3 look.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »

Lol I put the eye to match the saber hand, red eye for red saber and blue for blue Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »

Lol I put the eye to match the saber hand, red eye for red saber and blue for blue Smiley

oh right, hadn't though of that lol

Venom "Durance of Hate"

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »

On the topic, was messin around in Photoshop earlier today.......

Crescent King
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »

Cool editing job, and a very interesting idea. I'm sure there would be side effects of light side exposure but I don't think it's ever explained or even acknowledged as a possibility.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:55 AM »

I love that. (Right clicks, save as!)

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »

Ok, I've been thinking about this and wonder what you guys think.

So, I was wondering what if someone who was more of a neutral side, or idk, maybe Revan in the book Revan, where he's a Jedi, but understands that the dark side is valuable too, what would their eyes look like? Are their eyes even effected? Do Sith, who don't let themselves be taken over by all the the negative Dark Side emotions, eventually get yellow or bloodshot or red eyes?

I'm asking this because I would think that unless you completely give yourself over to the dark side and it consumes you that it wouldn't affect your eyes. Idk. I'd like to think there are some Sith with integrity (jedi no snickering!) have their natural eye color and aren't completely deranged.

I'd love to get your guys' thoughts on the subject.  Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »

Ok, I've been thinking about this and wonder what you guys think.

So, I was wondering what if someone who was more of a neutral side, or idk, maybe Revan in the book Revan, where he's a Jedi, but understands that the dark side is valuable too, what would their eyes look like? Are their eyes even effected? Do Sith, who don't let themselves be taken over by all the the negative Dark Side emotions, eventually get yellow or bloodshot or red eyes?

I'm asking this because I would think that unless you completely give yourself over to the dark side and it consumes you that it wouldn't affect your eyes. Idk. I'd like to think there are some Sith with integrity (jedi no snickering!) have their natural eye color and aren't completely deranged.

I'd love to get your guys' thoughts on the subject.  Smiley

This is a difficult one really. Take canon examples and you REALLY don't get any further forward. Palpatine and Dooku were FAR more adept in the Dark Side (and more powerful) than Anakin Skywalker, yet neither of them exhibited the customary yellow, blood-shot eyes that he got after killing the younglings. Sure, Palpatine did show that after he was disfigured by the backfiring of his own Force Lightning, but not, as I recall, when he first blasts Windu with it.

Maul had yellow eyes constantly, but being Dathomirian Zabrak, perhaps that was "normal" for his species? (after all, Savage Opress, his brother, also had that, yet was not as adept in the Dark Side as was Maul)

I rather think that it's anyone's guess as to what causes that particular eye colouration. Perhaps it's a particular kind of "Dark act" that brings it about, or perhaps it is, as are so many things with the Way, a very personal, individual and non-prescriptive thing.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »

I really like what Arkanus said (particularly the last line). We need to ask ourselves, are the examples of altered eyes prescriptive or descriptive? Basically, are they a prescriptive statement/issue with Dark Siders, or is it descriptive of SOME of them?

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »

This is a difficult one really. Take canon examples and you REALLY don't get any further forward. Palpatine and Dooku were FAR more adept in the Dark Side (and more powerful) than Anakin Skywalker, yet neither of them exhibited the customary yellow, blood-shot eyes that he got after killing the younglings. Sure, Palpatine did show that after he was disfigured by the backfiring of his own Force Lightning, but not, as I recall, when he first blasts Windu with it.

Maul had yellow eyes constantly, but being Dathomirian Zabrak, perhaps that was "normal" for his species? (after all, Savage Opress, his brother, also had that, yet was not as adept in the Dark Side as was Maul)

I rather think that it's anyone's guess as to what causes that particular eye colouration. Perhaps it's a particular kind of "Dark act" that brings it about, or perhaps it is, as are so many things with the Way, a very personal, individual and non-prescriptive thing.

Im not syre it has to do with how adept you are in the dark side as much as it depends on how evil (dark side) you are as a person, if that makes any sense.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

Im not syre it has to do with how adept you are in the dark side as much as it depends on how evil (dark side) you are as a person, if that makes any sense.

It does, but I think it's a flawed piece of thinking. Quite apart from the whole "Are Sith/Is the Dark Side evil?" debate, which we won't get into here, you could hardly claim (not that I'm saying you are) that Anakin Skywalker is MORE evil than the young Sidious, or even than Dooku. In fact, I see many parallels between Anakin and Dooku in particular. Both think they are doing the "right thing", though there is a smuttiness and intoxication to Anakin's behaviour that is not present in the Noble Count. Dooku is far more of a manipulator though, and has matter-of-factly been party to much more wholesale slaughter than young skywalker, yet his eyes do not change, despite his very high level Force powers. (Lightning being the best example)

Venom "Durance of Hate"

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 02:38:43 AM »

It does, but I think it's a flawed piece of thinking. Quite apart from the whole "Are Sith/Is the Dark Side evil?" debate, which we won't get into here, you could hardly claim (not that I'm saying you are) that Anakin Skywalker is MORE evil than the young Sidious, or even than Dooku. In fact, I see many parallels between Anakin and Dooku in particular. Both think they are doing the "right thing", though there is a smuttiness and intoxication to Anakin's behaviour that is not present in the Noble Count. Dooku is far more of a manipulator though, and has matter-of-factly been party to much more wholesale slaughter than young skywalker, yet his eyes do not change, despite his very high level Force powers. (Lightning being the best example)

I see what you're saying, but I think the yellow in Palp's eyes in ep III was intended to retcon the OT, meaning palpatine is meant to have yellow sith eyes. And as for Dooku, I never saw him as corrupted by the Dark Side, despite him allying himself with the sith, it always seemed to me that he had more "hope" of being turned to the light than any other sith character in the SW canon (excluding, of course, Revan)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 03:29:12 AM »

I remembered this was here, so I did this Tongue

yaaaay starkiller reference.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: