Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V3 LE with sound (Sentinel Yellow) Review  (Read 4598 times)
sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: June 05, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »

Hello all y'all in this here Saberforum:

I just got the aforementioned saber in the topic, and as a courtesy to those who crafted the saber (requested in the package I got the saber in) and to express my gratitude for fulfilling my request. Bear with me if I don't get specific enough about some aspects of the saber. I just like Star Wars a lot; I don't duel or really collect the sabers, but I will be thorough and detailed, especially considering I got a forum-exclusive colour of blade. I will also try to stay impartial, but this is my first serious saber, so I ask you take what I say with that in mind.

I'm sure that just like the rest of you were when you got your first saber, I was wildly excited upon hearing the doorbell ring and the delivery truck brings a metre-long package to your door. I tore that packaging open like a five year-old Christmas day. If I recall correctly, the blade was crafted within a day or two, was at FedEx by Saturday and showed up at my house this morning (Wednesday), which is much more prompt than expected considering that I live in Canada.

Hilt:I was quite taken aback by how comfortable the hilt felt in my hand. The aluminum is sleek, and the hilt looks the same as it did in the picture when I ordered it. I love the bronze/golden rings, and the thin handle without any bells and whistles doesn't interfere with my ability to swing the blade. No complaints on the hilt at all. The sound is great as well. The saber is EXTREMELY loud (it horrifies my dog when I power the saber up) and is fairly reactive to what I do with it, although it will make clashing noises when I swing the saber quickly. I am no expert on how clash detection in the saber works, but I would not say that this problem has anything to do with shoddy craftsmanship. Rather, it is just the way the system works, which may need tweaking (although what is in the saber now works quite well).

Blade: I got the initiate-sized, mid-grade blade. It really does let the colour shine through quite well. I haven't tested it in any dueling situations, but hitting the blade against things didn't dent or break the blade, and that's good enough for me (considering what I want out of the saber). My only complaint is that the colour does not shine through the tip. The tip used is a decent compromise, and I have read of their difficulties in trying to figure out what works. I'm sure I am stating things already well-known by those who crafted the blades.

Colour: I was dead-set on getting a yellow lightsaber, and the guys at Ultrasabers came through for me. I was worried that because I didn't select a premium colour and add the requisition charges that my blade would come in Fire Orange, the colour I listed in the selection bar. Thankfully, I was given Sentinel Yellow and the charges for that blade were tacked on, I believe (10 dollars, if I'm not mistaken). The colour is  a forum colour, and I knew what to expect when I got it, having heard and red about different mixtures of green and red turning up and knowing it is made by mixing the red and green LEDs. The saber is quite yellow, but there is a little green near the hilt and a little red near the tip. Regardless, the blade is unmistakeably yellow, but for those who nitpick, the shade of yellow is more green at the base and more red at the tip (at least in my saber), so if you are concerned about that kind of thing, don't get Sentinel Yellow. I should also add that the colour shines extremely brightly through the blade.

In sum:
Pros: Sleek and well-crafted handle, light, easy to swing, durable (from my perspective), bright blade, authentic sound
Cons: Clash detection system needs a little work, Sentinel Yellow might need tweaking if possible, colour doesn't go through tip very well

Overall, I am highly satisfied with this blade. I fell in love with every aspect of it when I got it, and the price was well below most of the competing companies I checked out before buying it.

If anyone on the forum has any questions about the saber, I will do my best to answer all questions.
Hope anyone else thinking of buying a Sentinel Yellow saber sees this!

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »

Very nice review, but where are the pictures? Smiley

sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »

I'd love to post some images off my computer. Just looking in the FAQ now figuring out how to do that directly from my computer, but if you have any info on how to, I'd love to know. Would definitely make posting them quicker and easier!

sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »

Full blade in the dark. Note the slight green at hilt and red at tip.

Hilt.

The blade under light. Bright sucker, innit?

sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »

The blade does appear quite white, but I hear that is a common thing. It is fairly yellow with the aforementioned hints of red/green.

Lord Benzile
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 05:38:37 AM »

i say for more yellow just add a yellow disk to it. the clash detection can be fixed once you download the app on here

The Dark Jedi Order.....There is no ignorance, there is knowledge with instinct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benlosi/videos

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »

Get you some Lee Filters and add Oklahoma Yellow. maybe then it'll be more yellow? Just a thought. Nice saber though either way.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »

Thanks for your replies, guys. I am thinking I will get those colour discs!
The colour has definitely grown on me, however; it makes me feel like it's very much a personalized saber, and bears more than a passing resemblance to Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars)'s yellow-green lightsaber. Regardless, I'm eager to try out the colour disc and check out the effect.
As for the clash detection app, I will look into that. Much appreciated! It's great to get this kind of info, and it's much appreciated.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »

It's a traffic light!

Just kidding. The red and green are visible - more so then I would have expected, but maybe you have to look for them to see them under normal conditions.

I defintiely want a yellow blade at some point, and this one looks great. I'll give you a point for the review, but would you prefer Light or Dark Side?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »

Nice choice.  Both saber and color.  Personally i think SY blades look best in dark sabers.

Dark side points please

sonicshredder27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »

Light side points, please and thank you. Much appreciated!
It really does look like a traffic light in that photo hahaha. Normally it's yellow that gets less green and more red the farther you go up the saber. I am going to try using a colour disc and see how much dimmer it gets, just for kicks.
And thanks again for all your comments!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: