Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: "Grab Bag" Dominix - the pictures, as promised - Darth Arkanus' first Saber  (Read 5217 times)
Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »

Hi guys!

Here are a selection of pics of my new "grab bag" (thanks so much Ultrasabers!!!!)

There are some of just the saber, and some that feature a certain Sith Lord. Wink

Enjoy!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »

THIS. IS. AWESOME! Congrats, man!  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »

THIS. IS. AWESOME! Congrats, man!  Grin

Thanks mate. I do love it! Cheesy

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »

Looks great!!  I do sometimes wish I'd gotten mine in Blazing Red as well. 

Might I suggest getting a standard silver Catalyst pommel for it?  I have on on my Dom v3 and it looks amazing, and adds just enough length to make it really comfortable for two-handed stuff. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »

Looks great!!  I do sometimes wish I'd gotten mine in Blazing Red as well. 

Might I suggest getting a standard silver Catalyst pommel for it?  I have on on my Dom v3 and it looks amazing, and adds just enough length to make it really comfortable for two-handed stuff. 

I'd be very interested to see so pictures of that please.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 12:30:35 AM »

Nice Grab bag! LE to boot!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 22

Defiantly Onward Into Uttermost Darkness

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:05:50 AM »

Here's the picture of my dark caty pommel on my Dom v3 LE. I think the black might look better, I know it has silver accents, but...yeah, I dunno how the silver version would look.

GB Dominix V3 - Guest Saber
PO Initiate V3 - Girlfriend's Saber
AS Dominix V2 - Defiance/Personal Saber

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »

Here's the picture of my dark caty pommel on my Dom v3 LE. I think the black might look better, I know it has silver accents, but...yeah, I dunno how the silver version would look.

Thanks for that! Do you find, apart from the aesthetic, that it changes the balance point at all? I have a heavy gauge blade and it would be ideal if it moved the balance point lower in the hilt!

Venom "Durance of Hate"

clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »

Thanks for that! Do you find, apart from the aesthetic, that it changes the balance point at all? I have a heavy gauge blade and it would be ideal if it moved the balance point lower in the hilt!

I too have a heavy blade and I find the balance to be dang near perfect. It's about an inch or less above the emitter. I don't think the pommel piece is heavy enough to change the balance THAT much as it is entirely hollow and vented to allow for sound, but it is slightly heavier and changes the length of the saber, thereby altering the weight to some degree. So if you find your saber is slightly unbalanced still, it may help bringing it slightly close to perfection, because yeah, mine is pretty ideal.

That is if you're looking for the universally ideal balance, which is right at the beginning of the blade, just above the hilt. If you're looking to have a heavier hilt than blade, you would probably need to downgrade to a medium blade or something because as far as density, the Dom v3 is a beast.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:39:15 PM by clericazrael » Logged

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »

I too have a heavy blade and I find the balance to be dang near perfect. It's about an inch or less above the emitter. I don't think the pommel piece is heavy enough to change the balance THAT much as it is entirely hollow and vented to allow for sound, but it is slightly heavier and changes the length of the saber, thereby altering the weight to some degree. So if you find your saber is slightly unbalanced still, it may help bringing it slightly close to perfection, because yeah, mine is pretty ideal.

That is if you're looking for the universally ideal balance, which is right at the beginning of the blade, just above the hilt. If you're looking to have a heavier hilt than blade, you would probably need to downgrade to a medium blade or something because as far as density, the Dom v3 is a beast.

sounds like the catalyst pommel is the way to go, for sure. I do want that little bit of "bling" on the end though, so 'hey, silver'.

I did also look at the dark shock pommel, thoughts?

Venom "Durance of Hate"

clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »

sounds like the catalyst pommel is the way to go, for sure. I do want that little bit of "bling" on the end though, so 'hey, silver'.

I did also look at the dark shock pommel, thoughts?

I think that's a good idea, just make sure the dimensions are what you want. Length, whatever, but the diameter matters depending on whether you want a flush or an expanded extension. If the pommel is wider than the end of your lightsaber, it may look a little odd to you, but if it's flush, it may just look fine. It's 1.6" so I would take a piece of measuring tape and check on the diameter of your saber. Or even just a strip of paper, wrap it around, then mark the meeting point with a pen. Measure that length.

Looking at the dark shock saber itself, I'm going to say that yes, it is definitely going to be wider, but it's up to you. dark caty, silver caty, dark shock, all three would probably look just fine, it's just a matter of preference. The dark shock probably weighs a bit more and is slightly longer.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »

I think that's a good idea, just make sure the dimensions are what you want. Length, whatever, but the diameter matters depending on whether you want a flush or an expanded extension. If the pommel is wider than the end of your lightsaber, it may look a little odd to you, but if it's flush, it may just look fine. It's 1.6" so I would take a piece of measuring tape and check on the diameter of your saber. Or even just a strip of paper, wrap it around, then mark the meeting point with a pen. Measure that length.

Looking at the dark shock saber itself, I'm going to say that yes, it is definitely going to be wider, but it's up to you. dark caty, silver caty, dark shock, all three would probably look just fine, it's just a matter of preference. The dark shock probably weighs a bit more and is slightly longer.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about the dark shock anyway, because I wasn't convinced that another set of machined groves would look "right". Silver Catty it is I think; soon as I've got the dosh in my bank. hehe

Venom "Durance of Hate"

DarthSolidus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

The Sith'ari will always hold true.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »

Oh very nice! I just got my Dom V3 in the other day, but mines all black, none of the silver grooves. I totally dig the grooves, makes it so any silver and black pommel will look wicked on it. I plan on doing a few mods to mine pretty soon, definitely jealous of people with soundboards haha

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »

Sorry for the delay.  I forgot I posted here.  lol.  

Anyhow, here's my Dom v3 with the silver Cata pommel.  I also have the heavy blade (36") and find the balance and feel to be perfect, at least to my hands.  The balance point is roughly 2 inches up the blade in its current setup, which I find to be ideal.

Also a couple pics of how I hold it, and since I was switching out pommels anyway I put my Dark War Glaive pommel on the Dom as well.  It's significantly heavier than the Catalyst pommel though, so the balance isn't as good to me.  But it does look cool.  

Anyway, pics!

And for fun, the DWG with the Catalyst pommel. Looks kinda silly I think.  And it gets EXTREMELY blade heavy like this too.  

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

Sorry for the delay.  I forgot I posted here.  lol.  

Anyhow, here's my Dom v3 with the silver Cata pommel.  I also have the heavy blade (36") and find the balance and feel to be perfect, at least to my hands.  The balance point is roughly 2 inches up the blade in its current setup, which I find to be ideal.

Also a couple pics of how I hold it, and since I was switching out pommels anyway I put my Dark War Glaive pommel on the Dom as well.  It's significantly heavier than the Catalyst pommel though, so the balance isn't as good to me.  But it does look cool.  

wow, thanks. The catalyst looks sleek, but with the dwg on, it looks meaner! I want the balance point IN the hilt, so i don't have to one hand it so high up. Could you take a pic of where the balance points are, if you don't mind?

So very grateful of the help.

Anyway, pics!

And for fun, the DWG with the Catalyst pommel. Looks kinda silly I think.  And it gets EXTREMELY blade heavy like this too.  

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: