Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Call of Duty: Elite Service, ADDITIONAL FEE TO PLAY!!!!!  (Read 958 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Okay, so I was going on Yahoo this afternoon to check my email, and see what was going on in the world, and what do I see:

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/722-activision-finds-new-way-to-monetize-call-of-duty

I need a barf bag..............  Lips sealed

So they are releasing a new service alongside the upcoming Modern Warfare 3, called "Elite", that will apparently provide extra content to players such as map packs, and a sort of quasi social network for players to interact in....  That Will Cost AN ADDITIONAL FEE TO TAKE PART IN!!!!!!

Because they aren't making enough money off us already  Roll Eyes  I did some numbers after my outrage cooled down a little bit, and here's what I came up with. 

Activision/Blizzard : Earnings Estimations Thus Far:

Blizzard: 

Regarding World of Warcraft, if you take ONLY the monthly subscription rate of 15.00 dollars and you times that by 6 million (subscribers estimation of the last few years) , then times that by 12 months, you will get over a Billion Dollars Annually JUST OFF THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION RATES ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!  Not to mention the countless copies of the game itself that have been sold, not to mention all the expansion packs that have come out over the last couple of years.......

Activision:

Okay, so COD: Black Ops was recently named the top selling game of ALL TIME.  If you incorporate all the other profits from all the other COD games from 1 all the way up to MW2, I can't even begin to guess how much money they have made!?!?!?  I can only estimate that it's in the Billions if not Trillions  Shocked 

Hold on I'm about to  Lips sealed ....................... okay, I'm alright now, nothing a little Listerine and Ginger Ale can't fix Wink

Not to mention the Live Subscription Service Fee, for those of us who play online on our Xbox 360's (that haven't red ringed out on us  Roll Eyes )  which even at it's cheapest I believe is around 60 dollars a year.......

At the end of the day, when you look at what they have already made in profits, and what they stand to make with the release of Call of Duty VIII Modern Warfare 3, I find this nothing but Despicable....... Nauseating....... and Reprehensible......... 

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT THESE LEECHES ARE TRYING TO SUCK MORE MONEY OUT OF US!?!?!?!?!?

We are in incredibly hard economic times, we are still in the midst of a Horrid Recession, that at it's worst, bordered on another and more destructive Great Depression than the one Americans felt in the late 20's of the last century......

I for one Am Going To Refuse To Pay For This Crap!!!!!!!! and I Encourage You To Do The Same!!!!!!!!  The more we give them, the more they will ask for, until none of us can afford to play at all..........

I'm personally going back to COD 4 MW1, it was an Amazing Game Back in the Day, and I Find Myself Missing It Terribly..... 

Please Feel Free To Give Your Opinions On This Atrocity, and Vent Your Rage Against The Cooperate Giants That Consider Us Their Mobile ATM'S...............

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »

Hum....Good thing I stopped Playing COD after Big Red One.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »

Here here, Brother Wraith!! Completely agree!!  Cool

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: [1]   Go Up