Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian launche won't connect to saber  (Read 2917 times)
remnant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 17, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »

Hey all! finally got my first reaper last night and have been spending most of today trying to fiddle with different sound fonts. Unfortunately obsidian is not connecting to my lightsaber Sad. My computer recongnizes it but the actual obsidian refuses to connect. Any ideas?

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 06:43:14 PM »

Which version are you using?

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »

Please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher).   

Turn your lightsaber ON first.  Then plug the USB cable into the computer then the saber while the saber is ON.

Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Krefel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:31:16 AM »

I am actually having the opposite type of problem...my computer doesn't recognize the device, but connects to the launcher. is there something i can do here at home to kinda reformat it or "factory reset" the soundboard maybe?

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »

Please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher).   

Turn your lightsaber ON first.  Then plug the USB cable into the computer then the saber while the saber is ON.

Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard.

Thanks Emory, this seems to be the problem I was having.  I made sure to redo every sound and it seems to be working, you get a point!

Darth Zarek
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:32 AM »

I'm having issues even connecting to the obsidian launcher. When I have connected it shut my saber right off. I really want to change my sounds, please help? Also I encountered some issues installing the drivers as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Even on the rare occasion that I do get it connected properly I hit upload for the new font and it just stays the same and disconnects from the launcher.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:52:38 AM by Darth Zarek » Logged

Manticore in VA with Silver FoC and Red AV Switch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: