Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Dual Shock LE/Saberstaff!  (Read 20648 times)
Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« on: June 04, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »

All right. This is my review of my Guardian Blue Shock LE ultrasabers.
Sadly, because of UPS, I can't show you how this saber looks as a saberstaff with two blades (one of them broke during shipping.
I'll update this review with pics as soon as I get a new one).
To make sure everyone understands the measurements without using a calculator, I'll tell both the imperial and metric units.

So, as a single-handed saber, the Shock LE is about 11"/28cm long with a number of stylish grooves in the body for better grip
and awesome looks. The body has an overall diameter of 1.5"/4cm.
The emitter starts with a wider section, and then gets narrowed down a bit by some nicely cut grooves until it widens again at the top.
The top and bottom of the emitter are slightly wider than the rest of the saber with a diameter of 2"/5cm.

All the grooves, as well as the top of the emitter and the covertec wheel, are anodized with a nice and elegant gold color.
Finally, the pommel has a number of holes drilled for sound (which I don't have).
With the gold colored details and its elegant look, the Shock LE looks like a lightsaber made for a Jedi Master. It feels great,
and with the blade the balance point is right at the emitter.

Now, to the blade. I chose 36"/93cm blades. Round tips since I wanted a lightsaber, not a sword. I picked the UltraEdge blades
since I won't be doing any heavy dueling and I wanted the brightest blades possible. Since I don't have anything to compare it to,
I'll just leave it at the fact that it's very bright. The first time I tried the saber was in the middle of the night.
From what I had read, I was expecting it to be bright, but I wasn't expecting it to light up the entire room!
The guardian blue color gives a nice full blue light to everything around it, while the blade itself looks like a slightly brighter blue.

A bit of an extra feature in this review is that I bought a coupler, so I'll show you guys how the Shock LE looks as a saberstaff!
Now, when I decided to buy a second Shock LE, I figured I had to get a coupler. Since the only coupler I'd seen that was MHS compatible
was the vented coupler, I e-mailed US and asked if this was the only coupler they had in stock that was compatible with the Shock.
I got the answer "Yes, that's the only Shock compatible coupler we have". I should have searched better, because apparently,
the Prophecy coupler is MHS compatible and a bit more discreet than the vented one.
Anyhow, the vented coupler is about 2,5"/6cm long, threads and all. Visible length less than 2"/4,5cm.

Here's what the Shock LE saberstaff hilt looks like.

Length; just over 20"/51cm.

Note that the coupler, like the emitters, has a wider diameter of a little less than 2"/4,5cm which is why I would rather have the Prophecy coupler.
Don't get me wrong, it looks great and feels good, but since I don't have sound and would rather have a more discreet and simple coupler,
I wish I'd seen the other one before ordering.
The only downside of the coupler except the size is how the sabers fit together. The switches on the saber don't align.
And they're not opposite either. While connected by the coupler, the switches are at an angle of 130-140° which is right between
aligned and opposite. This problem probably doesn't exist with all sabers or couplers since they're probably not all threaded exactly the same.

When I get a new blade I'll give you guys pics of the staff with blades. Until then, this'll be all for now!
I hope this helps someone decide whether or not to buy this saber. My personal opinion is,
if you think the Shock LE is a saber for you, don't hesitate!  After all, it is a limited edition saber.
US may not keep it in stock for much longer.

Finally, it's an awesome saber. If anyone decides to get one, they won't be disappointed.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:32:26 PM by Nyte » Logged

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:27:44 PM »

Great review and awesome looking sabers/staff!  Grin

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »

Very Nice!!!!!!!  Grin

Very Light Side, but still Very Nice  Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Vetinari
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »

Wow - I'd really never imagined that saber as a staff. - It's brilliant! The gold and blue really contrast nicely.

Woah - wonder what on Earth UPS did to smash up that blade in transit...

War Glaive - Guardian Blue
Liberator - Fire Orange
Prophecy - Adegan Silver
Asajj Ventress Force FX

DarthRavik
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Sabers: Prophecy Consular Green

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »

I really like the gold parts on it

I have only the Dark Side, It is my companion, my passion and my power, it is my life.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »

Woah - wonder what on Earth UPS did to smash up that blade in transit...

To be honest, it looked like someone went Hulk on it and tried to crack the entire package against their knee.

This is what it looked like when I got it.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 02:25:31 AM »

Ow. I really hate UPeeS.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »

Yup.. They managed to break the battery pack in the first saber I ordered. I haven't gotten a new one though, as I'd have to send the saber back to the US (from Sweden) again. Not worth the wait. It works, with some tape to hold it together.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »

To be honest, it looked like someone went Hulk on it and tried to crack the entire package against their knee.

That's completely unacceptable.  Very sorry UPS delivered this package to you like this.  Please email me @ shipping@ultrasabers.com and I'll let you know how to have UPS get a damage claim started on this and we'll get a new blade and battery pack out to you.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »

very nice saberstaff, and i never knew the blue would stand out with the gold

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »

You know, it's a common misconception to think you spell out UPS, sounding like you-pea-ess. Actually, it's just what the drivers always say everytime they damage something.

UPS is really pronounced as a word, Uhhps (or a lazy oops). Grin

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

Got the blade this week. Here's a pic of the saber hanging on the wall with both blades!

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »

This is what it looked like when I got it.

Undecided........ you hate to see that........ I Am So Sorry Bro, I'd Be Suing UPS Right Now If That Was Me...........

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »

Seriously!?  That is totally unacceptable.  I would at LEAST get them to replace the part they clearly destroyed!  Suing is a little too Sith for me but hell, go for it if you think it'll help!

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

It's alright. UPS replaced the broken blade, and I'm just happy to be rid of them until my next Ultrasabers purchase.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: