Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sidious Clone Wars Font *SPOILERS FOR CW FANS*  (Read 5973 times)
xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side Points!

« on: June 19, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »

I've been thoroughly enjoying the Count Dooku font by Ninja-Jesus on my Overlord, so throaty and unique! One font I've been dreaming about however is a Darth Sidious font from Clone Wars, specifically in Episode 16 of Season 5 where  Sidious battles Maul and Savage Opress. The swings are unlike anything I had ever heard and would love to have it on my saber! Grin

I suck at making my own fonts so if anyone is interested in making one I'm sure I wouldn't be the only user. Thanks guys!

Darth Sidious Fight, posted by 1o0o0o0o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg</a>

*Note: I do not take any credit for the content or posting of this video.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »

Over all it sounds like the basic obsidian....the clashes and hums.....it seems that the swings have that chain saw type of hum to it.  OMG was this not a bada@@ episode...the font would be cool!  I just don't know if there is enough of the snipet of it to catch to make....Maybe NinjaJesus can work his magic on this one Smiley

Cheers

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side Points!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »

Over all it sounds like the basic obsidian....the clashes and hums.....it seems that the swings have that chain saw type of hum to it.  OMG was this not a bada@@ episode...the font would be cool!  I just don't know if there is enough of the snipet of it to catch to make....Maybe NinjaJesus can work his magic on this one Smiley

Cheers

If he made it I know it would be unholy good. Just the obsidian font with those swings and clashes would be amazing, or a combination with another one of his fonts.

Edit: And yes that episode gave me goosebumps Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:09:05 AM »

I loved this episode too. Lol. I think a Clone Wars Sidious font would be awesome. Would be an excuse to get a Monarch. Tongue I say someone go for it. Yeah the one Clone Wars Sidious font is okay but to me its too low and some of these swings weren't captured I don't think. I'll have to listen to it again.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »

Something I would have changed in that fight would be that as soon as Savage died and Sidious said his lines, Maul should have thrown his single saber away and picked up Savage's staff. The sheer badassery of that would have been overwhelming to see him wield a staff again.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »

And Maul would've lasted longer then and maybe the victor in the duel. Wonder what we'll see in season 6. Its already been made just not released yet.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »

This font would be awesome!

Dark side points please

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

Uh...I believe Sidious would still have ki ked Maul's  a@&....he took Savage out without any problems.  He handed both brothers with little problem.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »

I still watch this video just because. Lol. This was one of the coolest Clone Wars episodes. What would've happened in Episode 3 though if Maul did win? And it was Darth Sabre that did the Emperor font. You should check it out. =]

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »

I don't think Maul could have ever really beat Sidious, although I would definitely like to see more of him in the future. And considering Maul is voiced by the same voice actor as Starkiller, the character lends itself to promising heights in terms of rage and real Sith-ness. I'd love to see Maul survive and end up facing off against Dooku.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »

I don't think Maul could have ever really beat Sidious, although I would definitely like to see more of him in the future. And considering Maul is voiced by the same voice actor as Starkiller, the character lends itself to promising heights in terms of rage and real Sith-ness. I'd love to see Maul survive and end up facing off against Dooku.

There's no way Maul could have beaten Sidious, true....and considering that Obi-wan beat Maul (albeit in a slightly dodgy manner with a flip and mou kei strike) then it's fair to say that Yoda was right, Obi-wan would have stood little chance himself against the Emperor.

Now Maul and Tyranus I would LOVE to see, just as I would Maul and Vader! I wonder if either scenario could be worked in? That said, we DO see Opress against Dooku (and Ventress throws in with Opress) and Dooku makes them BOTH look rather silly! I don't think Maul would have much more luck against Dooku to be honest, or indeed the fully fit Vader (though the cyborg version might be interesting as Vader has lost much of his mobility and most of his force connection!)

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »

I think Maul would have stood a good chance against Dooku. The reason Ventress and Savage failed against Dooku is because they were both trained by Dooku, whereas Dooku and Maul were both trained by Sidious. That fact alone makes Maul superior to both Ventress and Savage I think.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »

I think Maul would have stood a good chance against Dooku. The reason Ventress and Savage failed against Dooku is because they were both trained by Dooku, whereas Dooku and Maul were both trained by Sidious. That fact alone makes Maul superior to both Ventress and Savage I think.

That is assuming of course that Sidious is a LOT better than Dooku. Considering that Dooku in his prime was one of the top saberists in the Jedi order, revered by even Master Yoda (and trained by him), and of course, we saw Yoda match Sidious' saber skills quite handily.

You also have to bear in mind that Dooku trained Grievous, who had FOUR ARMS! Sure, Kenobi defeated Grievous pretty easily in the end, but look at all the Jedi that Grievous killed, and hey against Dooku, his instructor, he was like a clumsy child! (see original Clone Wars cartoon) Dooku even resorts to taunting him (Grievous) while fighting him LEFT HANDED! Dooku also beats Obi-wan TWICE very easily indeed; while also holding off Anakin. (and multiple opponent fighting is meant to be a Makashi weakness!)

I think it's safe to say that Maul's skill doesn't match that of Dooku, and it was a combination of Darkside Rage (probably assisted by Sidious, who was sat their, probably channelling Anakin's rage) and sheer brute force; plus a LOT of luck, that enabled Anakin to Cho Mai Dooku's hands; thus ending the fight, before beheading him. 

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: