Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Bane RGB questions/discussion  (Read 3719 times)
toddshogun
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy

« on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »

I'm going to buy a Bane RGB to nab that 15% discount but had a few questions about what to order with it

Blade Type:  I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube for the RGB sabers and wanted to know which blade type to order with mine, basic mid-grade or the mid-grade UltraEdge white poly -- won't be dueling much, just want the brightest possible outcome/best looking blade in ambient light conditions.

Blade Tip:  I remember reading somewhere on the old board at FX-Sabers that all UltraSabers blades come standard with the bullet tips.  Just confirming I won't need to request this with my order.

MLS:  Should I order it with the quick disconnect for MLS? Since it's an RGB, I wouldn't think I needed it since I can go through 7 colors with one LED. Any RGB Bane owners order with the quick disconnect? If so, have you swapped out the MLS for something different? I thought about getting it for future possible expansion potential, plus it's only $15

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:18:55 PM by toddshogun » Logged

I've gotta super secret Darth Bane project in the works. "Hyper Bane" will be the brightest loudest Bane produced.

My Ultrasabers Bane RGB:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kZ0SquITI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHhWNaN0Oc

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »

Seeing as your going with the RGB version i wouldn't worry about the quick disconnect, as far as brightness, The ultra edge blades are the brightest from what I hear

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

toddshogun
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »

Thanks for the input. I've read conflicting info about the clear poly (standard mid-grade) vs. white poly (UltraEdge) blades. I suppose it's all subject to a particular setup??

I've gotta super secret Darth Bane project in the works. "Hyper Bane" will be the brightest loudest Bane produced.

My Ultrasabers Bane RGB:

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »

That is true aswell, the ultra tends to change the color a little bit but it brings out the brightness, Personally for mine i ordered Heavygrade but thats because I plan to duel and from what ive seen even those are very bright, I think you will be satisfied in any choice you make

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »

I'm going to buy a Bane RGB to nab that 15% discount but had a few questions about what to order with it

Blade Type:  I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube for the RGB sabers and wanted to know which blade type to order with mine, basic mid-grade or the mid-grade UltraEdge white poly -- won't be dueling much, just want the brightest possible outcome/best looking blade in ambient light conditions.

Blade Tip:  I remember reading somewhere on the old board at FX-Sabers that all UltraSabers blades come standard with the bullet tips.  Just confirming I won't need to request this with my order.

MLS:  Should I order it with the quick disconnect for MLS? Since it's an RGB, I wouldn't think I needed it since I can go through 7 colors with one LED. Any RGB Bane owners order with the quick disconnect? If so, have you swapped out the MLS for something different? I thought about getting it for future possible expansion potential, plus it's only $15

Thanks

I like Mid Grade & Heavy Grade for my RGBs because you get every color at it's full potential.

We don't currently have any bullet tips in stock.

MLS units are pretty useless with an RGB Bane, it's really meant for single color owners.  You already get 7 different colors.  It's only useful if you want to get a custom color is the future (like a Green + Red mixture with the Green tuned way down or something like that).

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

toddshogun
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »

Thanks guys,  order placed with the 15% discount. Saved a lot!  I just ordered both blade types with it so I could determine which works best for myself. Whichever one I don't use I'll just cut down and use for my son's Yoda FX I'm converting Grin  CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY BANE!!!

My Ultrasabers Bane RGB:

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »

I gotta tell ya, when you're dealing with the non-UltraEdge blades, the Mid-Grade non-UltraEdge looks completely different than the Heavy-Grade non-UltraEdge.  It's a completely different looking saber with the two different blade thicknesses. 

For some reason, I really like the look of the Heavy-Grade non-UltraEdge.  To me it looks brighter and more defined because it has the extra thick membrane around the inside wrapping.  I also think that the non-UltraEdge blades look cooler when they're "powered off" because they look almost like metal because of the wrapping inside.

The Mid-Grade UltraEdge and Heavy-Grade UltraEdge look almost identical to me.  The only diff i can see with those two is the Heavy-Grade UltraEdge is a little dimmer towards the top of the blade since the white plastic is twice as thick.  The UltraEdge blades do look way "bladeier" than the non-UltraEdge blades though, almost like a real lightsaber blade.  Is "bladeier" a word? LoL

mbellush
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »

I just purchased an RGB Bane saber.  I believe that you are supposed to be able to use the color mixing to make the saber look appear 7 different colors.  Does anyone know of a guide or a post anywhere that explains which colors to mix to make which color?

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »

there are plenty of pictures and videos of RGB sabers in the review section
such as http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=121.0

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »

I just purchased an RGB Bane saber.  I believe that you are supposed to be able to use the color mixing to make the saber look appear 7 different colors.  Does anyone know of a guide or a post anywhere that explains which colors to mix to make which color?

Red + Green = Yellow
Green + Blue = Cyan
Red + Blue = Magenta
Red + Green + Blue = White

mbellush
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:17 AM »

Thanks for everyone's help with my question on how to mix the RGB colors.  It turns out my batteries were low and that is why I was so confused.  Several of my colors were looking very similar until I put in new batteries and now all is well.
Thank you.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »

Thanks for everyone's help with my question on how to mix the RGB colors.  It turns out my batteries were low and that is why I was so confused.  Several of my colors were looking very similar until I put in new batteries and now all is well.
Thank you.
ya them batteries are damn evil i tell ya

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: