Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: An Original Demo  (Read 1573 times)
Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« on: June 22, 2013, 03:30:04 AM »

Hey guys! So, probably almost none of you are aware that I am a musician. Anywho, I play guitar and sing, but my big thing is composition. While I have a band that I jam with for fun, I don't have a serious group. So, I compose in my spare time. My genre is what some would consider "melodic post-hardcore". It's heavy, and it has metal influences but there are really no breakdowns. The guitar is tuned in Drop B, which is 1 and a half steps down from Drop D tuning (which if no one is familiar with that, it is standard tuning with the top string tuned down to D) to give a rich and fuller sound. I am not a drummer, but I got by with programming the drums.
It was recorded at friends house and sent off to be mixed and master by another friend who lives in Romania.
There are no vocals, its purely instrumental. I just thought Id post it here for fun. Enjoy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwDl1V6f04" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwDl1V6f04</a>

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:19:54 PM »

I like it.  I'm more of a drums guy myself, so I wasn't super impressed with the drums (not that I could do better anyway).  But they were just synthesized anyway so it's not a big deal. 

I have absolutely zero knowledge of guitars, outside of what I think sounds good.  And I think that sounds good.  It got a tad repetitive for my tastes near the end, but overall I like it a lot! 

Point.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »

I'm surprised nobody else has posted here.  I've probably listened to it half a dozen times.  It has a "happy melody", as a friend of mine once said. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 02:17:19 AM »

Wow dude! That's pretty impressive! This coming from a guy who named his first light saber after a DethKlok song!

(Vulkanisch is German for Volcanic, from the DethAlbum II)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »

I like it.  I'm more of a drums guy myself, so I wasn't super impressed with the drums (not that I could do better anyway).  But they were just synthesized anyway so it's not a big deal.  

I have absolutely zero knowledge of guitars, outside of what I think sounds good.  And I think that sounds good.  It got a tad repetitive for my tastes near the end, but overall I like it a lot!  

Point.
I'm surprised nobody else has posted here.  I've probably listened to it half a dozen times.  It has a "happy melody", as a friend of mine once said.  
Thanks Oramac! I appreciate the feedback! But yes towards the end I couldn't really think of any way to build it up other than a slow drum beat that didnt take over that part haha. I wanted everything to "kick in" at the finale. But its something I can work on! Thanks Cheesy.

Wow dude! That's pretty impressive! This coming from a guy who named his first light saber after a DethKlok song!

(Vulkanisch is German for Volcanic, from the DethAlbum II)
Thank you! Haha that is such an awesome name for a lightsaber btw.

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Sin Obsidian
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

Very cool Nhylus. It sounds similar enough to Trivium, In Flames, etc. to peak the interest of fans of that style but it's different enough that you can tell it's some one different. Overall very nice work.

I follow my own path.
I know the power of the Dark side,
And the peace of the Light.
I am the serenity of balance.
All the universe is a false-reality,
I pledge myself to my beliefs,
For I have found true life
In the balance of the Dark and the Light.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: