Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shinobi no Sekai (Ninja World...Naruto)  (Read 8167 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: June 23, 2013, 06:45:44 AM »

Ok let the games begin...I am and have been a fan of all things ninja/shinobi...recently (10yrs or so) focusing on manga, anime, and related media.

For those not familiar with Naruto then I offer this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto

There are a number of hidden villages, each with their ninja/shinobi supporting the kingdom they fall under with jutsu/technique specialties that only that village and those who excel beyond their peers wield.

As we discuss Naruto as a whole I offer the creation of a new village, hidden away, creating ninja/shinobi and developing jutsu.

The current hidden villages...(wording is tricky due translation but the ninja/shinobi tend to relate specialties to the unique aspects of the village name)

Village Hidden in the Leaves
Village Hidden in the Sand
Village Hidden by the Mist
Village Hidden in the Cloud
Village Hidden by Rocks
Village Hidden by Rain
Village Hidden by the Waterfall
Village Hidden in the Grass
Village Hidden by Sound
Village Hidden under the Moon
Village Hidden Among Stars
Village Hidden in Stones
Village Hidden by Locks
Village Hidden in the Haze
Village Hidden in Frost
Village Hidden in Valleys
Village Hidden by Whirling Tides
Village Hidden in Hot Springs
Village Hidden in the Snow
Village Hidden Among Dreams
and a few less known (though most of these above are rarely noted)

Honorable mention is in the Land of Iron...they do not have ninja/shinobi but rather are led by Samurai

So our Ultra Sabers Forum village will be in this unexpected location, The Land of Iron (is an icy, snow-covered country. It is politically unusual in that it has remained neutral and never been involved in the ninja wars. In fact, the shinobi have a rule since long ago that they would not meddle with the land. Despite this, it is said to have an incredibly strong military which is manned by samurai, instead of ninja)....is the Village Hidden in the Smoke.

Land of Iron...everyone knows there is not a hidden village there, but there is...since the makers of Naruto used the Land of Iron for a Samurai focus then it makes sense to me that this would be a great place to explore a more classic ninja/shinobi...the smoke reference can be regarded to the furnaces and iron/steel facilities as well as the smoldering active volcanoes...for our purposes it is a village specializing in stealth, tracking, and deception. Jutsu/techniques could focus on metal, heat/fire, rock, and smoke.

For our purposes any characters created for fun will be Chunin or middle grade ninja/shinobi and no Jinchuriki or those who have tail beasts/demon animals of power sealed within their bodies.

But there are special jutsu within each hidden village.  These are inherited by blood and can not be shared or learned by others.  We could create such jutsu, but these are rare in the Shinobi World...so maybe three per village and since this is a small really really hidden village, I suspect two would be pushing it...so at some point in the near future we will narrow this down via informal poll.

These special jutsu are powerful but not OP, just unique...unique enough that special measures must be taken by others or these abilities could be seen as very strong.

Types of Jutsu/techniques...

There are three basic types of techniques: ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu. Subcategories exist, including fūinjutsu, juinjutsu and senjutsu. There are also kekkei genkai abilities which aren't techniques, but inherited abilities passed down through certain clans. Kekkei genkai can also be attributed to certain parts of the body, such as dōjutsu.

Ninjutsu (Literally meaning "Ninja Techniques"), is a term referring to almost any technique which allows the user to do something that they otherwise would be incapable of doing, including the usage of weapons. Unlike genjutsu, which makes the opponent see illusions, the effects of ninjutsu are real. They vary greatly in purpose, with the simpler ninjutsu serving such tasks as transforming the user or allowing them to evade attacks. These techniques are often second-nature for experienced shinobi, who can use them at will. More complex ninjutsu manipulate one's surroundings or utilise the elements, respectively serving such tasks as healing others or manipulating nature transformations.

Genjutsu (Literally meaning "Illusionary Techniques") are techniques that are employed in the same fashion as ninjutsu, requiring chakra and hand seals. However, the primary difference between the two is that the effects of genjutsu are illusory; instead of attacking the victim's body, like taijutsu or ninjutsu, genjutsu techniques manipulate the flow of chakra in the victim's brain, thus causing a disruption in their senses.

Taijutsu (Literally meaning "Body Techniques") is a basic form of techniques and refers to any techniques involving the martial arts or the optimisation of natural human abilities. Taijutsu is executed by directly accessing the user's physical and mental energies, relying on the stamina and strength gained through training. It typically does not require chakra, though chakra may be used to enhance its techniques. Taijutsu generally requires no hand seals to perform, occasionally making use of certain stances or poses, and are far quicker to use than ninjutsu or genjutsu. Taijutsu is simply put: hand-to-hand combat.

Fūinjutsu (Literally meaning "Sealing Techniques") are a type of jutsu that seal objects, living beings, chakra, along with a wide variety of other things within another object. Fūinjutsu can also be used to unseal objects either from within something or someone.

Juinjutsu (Literally meaning "Cursed Seal Techniques") are a type of techniques used to bring someone under the control of the user. By applying a seal to the victim's body, the user brings the victim's abilities and actions under his/her control. With a simple secret hand seal, the user can inflict great mental and physical torment on the victim. The exact workings of juinjutsu are kept secret.

Senjutsu (Literally meaning "Sage Techniques") refers to a specialized field of techniques that allows the user to sense and then gather the natural energy (shizen enerugī) around a person.

Kekkei genkai (Literally meaning "a technique limited to inheritance by blood" or "Bloodline Limit") are abilities passed down genetically within specific clans. It's possible for a ninja to have more than one of these abilities. Kekkei genkai abilities that work via the user's eye are called dōjutsu. Other kekkei genkai include mixing one type of elemental chakra with another, creating a new one unique to the users, which is usually impossible for normal ninja, or other bodily manipulations that are usually unachievable by normal standards

Dōjutsu ("Visual Jutsu"; Literally meaning "Eye Techniques") are genetic ninja abilities that utilise the eyes, granting the wielder ocular abilities. Being a by-product of specific kekkei genkai, dōjutsu are not classified as one of the major jutsu types. They do not require the use of hand seals and in some cases facilitate in the use of or defence against genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu and then defeat their opponent. All known dōjutsu also provide the user with some unique abilities, such as an extended field of vision or predictive capabilities. The use of dōjutsu often-time consumes a great deal of chakra. It should also be noted that along with the eye itself, techniques that stem from the eye's use are also known as dōjutsu.

I am quite interested in your Naruto appreciation and delving into the Hidden Village in the Smoke  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:47:08 AM »

You can watch episodes of Naruto for free here...

http://www.narutoget.com/

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:04:45 AM »

My initial thought for a ninja/shinobi would focus around choking thick volcanic ash.

When creating a ninja there needs to be a balance of potential between the basics of ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu.

taijutsu...is basically the skills related to martial arts

ninjutsu...is basically the skills just beyond mundane people...running up trees, seeing energy/chakra flow, breathe fire, etc.

taijutsu...is basically the skills of illusion and is considered more difficult due to the focus

A strong fighter may have stronger taijutsu or use a trick of ninjutsu or taijutsu to make them seem stronger fighters.

So create a ratio of 100 points between these three aspects or one of the other rare types (PM or ask out loud before chosing the cursed jutsu lol).

So my guy...

Ju Kazan

(50) taijutsu
(50) ninjutsu

Classically trained ninja/shinobi, special weapon is a Kusarigama that he uses to create fires and burn targets by flash heating the chain with his ninjutsu, an advanced jutsu is to trap the target with a chain trap and fuse it creating an iron shirt/hood/etc., his family technique (others can use it, not a blood jutsu) is hot ash breath...a direct cone of burning hot choking ash and embers.

Cheesy

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:21:20 AM »

Ya know, I'm quite a fan of Naruto. However, I hate him as a 12 year old!!! Especially with his accursed catchphrase, which won't be mentioned if anyone has any sense of decency. I don't really like the anime because of all the annoying filler. I do, however, love the manga! Especially where it is right now! Oh man must refrain from spoilers!!!

If I were a shinobi of this world, I would have to come from the Hidden Mist. I would use a much smaller sword than the typical buster sword wielders of the region. My jutsu styles would be wind and water to use Ice style (my favorite element!) I would also be a distant off shoot from the Uchia clan, far enough so I don't look like it (what with my brown skin and all) but close enough to have the rare gift of Sharingan. My eyes would be blue instead of red. I would mostly use deceptive tactics like genjutsus and stuff. More defensive than offensive.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:45:20 AM »

Ya know, I'm quite a fan of Naruto. However, I hate him as a 12 year old!!! Especially with his accursed catchphrase, which won't be mentioned if anyone has any sense of decency. I don't really like the anime because of all the annoying filler. I do, however, love the manga! Especially where it is right now! Oh man must refrain from spoilers!!!

If I were a shinobi of this world, I would have to come from the Hidden Mist. I would use a much smaller sword than the typical buster sword wielders of the region. My jutsu styles would be wind and water to use Ice style (my favorite element!) I would also be a distant off shoot from the Uchia clan, far enough so I don't look like it (what with my brown skin and all) but close enough to have the rare gift of Sharingan. My eyes would be blue instead of red. I would mostly use deceptive tactics like genjutsus and stuff. More defensive than offensive.

Whew, dual elements is extremely rare and is a genetic trait though Jonin can apply two techniques...the ice one is rare rare...and a sharingan...that is quite the shinobi...I like the idea of him though a bit OP for the example.

I prefer the manga also but do enjoy the anime when it can stay on track and filter through the filler.

How about coming up with a ninja to join in the Village Hidden in the Smoke...a Chunin...put that most knowledgeable brain to task and find a cool niche in the smoke/ash/etc. or other interesting family/clan...I was considering an insect jutsu type like the Aburame clan, but the ash thing stuck so I went with it...I would imagine later on this could be developed further into a Black Dragon or Dragon of the Smoke title or some such...I am sure you can come up with something unique and interesting  Smiley

Thanks for playing along...I suspect there are not as many of us as MLP followers here on the forum.

Bern Sal Becca
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 04:10:38 AM »

I'll give it a go.

50 points taijutsu
50 points ninjutsu

Classicly trained as well, with my abilities focusing towards manipulation of heat/fire and rock. My main weapon, if this is allowed would be a chakra enhanced diamond blade stronger than steel, due to my manipulation on rock, as well as most of my armor being strong rock. My special ability would be able to run fire along my blade and extending it, either as a solid for a long flame sword or flexible for a flame whip, i could also set my armor on fire, without being burned and launch it at others, then recreate my armor out of rocks, or create molten rock balls an launch those.

The manipulation of heat/fire would aid in the manipulation of rock to melt it and make it molten to mold as i need or launche molten rocks, as well as make rock weapons, or weapons out of any hard material, such as melting and crushing coal into diamonds for my blades. The techniques to do so wouldn't be a bloodline, but would be a family secret that has been shared with very few through the generations

Hope this isnt considered too OP, if so let me then i would proabbly be at lower level of each and work up to this

Luceo Non Uro
I shine not burn

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 04:31:45 AM »

Sounds like fun!

How about your guy comes from a clan that has a welding touch or a magma pinch...using this special jutsu they can alter metal and rock to take different form or length...putting a temporary hot edge on metal or rock.

A family of blacksmiths and armorers.

Later the skill could extend into hands of effect or even at distance.

Maybe something like that?

I like your ideas though  Smiley

Good times.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 05:19:17 AM »

Following up on the insect jutsu...fireflys...actual flies that are able to ignite into light or even a small hot flare/fire.

So...Hanko Lu...Lu Clan are insect wranglers...specific insects...fireflies

(20) taijutsu
(60) ninjutsu
(20) genjutsu

Hanko is from the lower tier of the Lu Clan...his family lost further position due to his elder brothers going rogue and stealing a forbidden jutsu scroll...his goal is to find his brothers, bring them back in to face justice, and regain the family name.

Hanko inherited his mother's mature fireflies when she died, at the hands of his brothers by accident, so he has a unique position among his fellow chunin clanmates, though his control of the fireflies is not where it should be.  The insects react to emotional stress and distress, and he is a hothead.

His mother taught him her special firefly jutsu, that he has not completely mastered, a genjutsu that utilizes the fireflies acting as strobe lights creating a dazzle effect that can induce loss of balance, nausea, and even temporary blindness.

The fireflies main use is as a cloud attack...choking, blinding, and then burning.

Bern Sal Becca
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 10:29:34 PM »

I like the idea for the power form, works well.

And I like the firefly idea

Luceo Non Uro
I shine not burn

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »

This is just a thought but if you combined this with your airship world idea, I think you'd have a really neat Avatar: TLAB like world.

Having characters that could act as shields on ships by throwing out protections seals; I may be off base, but it sounded cool.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »

No you are right it would be fun indeed!

Tsurabisu
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:46 PM »

I've only seen up to about ep 150 of the first series and haven't gotten my claws on the manga yet.

Something that would be great for that area is the ability to manipulate metal and iron with your chakra. It would make forming weapons and structures pretty easy.

My character would use a set of tekko kagi that he could manipulate with his chakra to change their shape into what ever he needs as long as it doesn't increase the actual mass of the weapon.

His stats would be

50 taijutsu
25 ninjutsu
25 genjutsu

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »

Keeping the relative mass is a nice touch, it helps keep a check on the potential o OP.

Good one Wink

Tsurabisu
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »

Thanks. I always hated that about Gaara, how he can just keep adding more sand. Kinda felt like cheating to me. Heh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: