Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: my attempt at SWTOR sanctified caretakers robe (photo heavy)  (Read 12297 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: June 29, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »

so this is kinda a continuation of my thread here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13589.0
but since the robe if finished I thought it deserved its own thread, as im pretty pleased with the result

so- here it is, the finished robe!

this thing took hours to make I promise you. each stripe was sewn on, and see the light brown thick stripe with two dark thin stripes? well stupid me cut this the wrong way the first time, the lengths I had made up were only JUST big enough for what I needed, so I had to start a length from scratch. was NOT impressed! also meant I ran very short on bias binding (which was used for the narrow dark stripe) and I had to unpick some lengths of it off my stuff up piece to have enough of it. but it all worked out in the end!
I actually really enjoyed the challenge of making this, ive never attempted something like this before and im really pleased with how its come out. my sewing machine on the other hand isn't, its sounding slightly unhealthy. it was a cheapy and I think something got damaged in it ages back though it never worked properly from the start (my luck, I often have this issue with mechanical or electrical things I often somehow end up with a dud, weve got two friends with the exact same sewing machine and they've never had a problem), so I think it might be time to invest in a newer better one
for those of you who don't know the armor set, its this:

yes, I know its not an exact match. the stripes up the centre back I might add later if I feel like it. and it was a combination of I forgot plus I didn't have enough material to do the dark brown sections inside the front bottom curvy cream bit (that's not really visible in these photos, so take my word on that Tongue). and for the observant, theres three dark brown stripes inside the wide light stripe, and the wide light stripe is outlined with dark stripes.... but that was getting waaaaaayyyyyyyy too difficult!

just before leaving home for Supa Nova Perth 2013 today- im wearing the costume with some cheap black boots that I love, the tabard and pants are from my old costume, got a white long sleeved shirt and the tunic is one I quickly knocked together in a couple of hours last night and this morning (ran outta time to make the pants, and meh didn't care the old pants worked with it!). here im just wearing a brown belt I grabbed out of the cupboard. I also ran out of time to finish the shoulder armor, so it didn't get worn. will see how I feel tomorrow morn but I might quickly get them finished and added. the shoulder armor im going to have to redo later, im pleased with them as a first attempt at foam armor building but I think I could do better with practice. ill also be adding gloves and bracers later down the track. im not necessarily going for the exact look of the entire outfit however, I just love the look of the robe with the shoulder armor!

first stall I stopped and really looked in at Supa Nova I found a utility style belt with a tonnes of different pockets for only $50- and it fitted. I was stoked, ive been needing a belt with pockets and while id love a nice leather belt this will do just nicely! needless to say my crummy belt came off, new belt went on

trying to show off the back of it

with my sister- if any of you can correctly guess her costume then you will get a point and the knowledge that you are both extremely clever and possibly sad all in one, I doubt anyone will get it Tongue

with some rebels Tongue

we then came home and tried to get some photos of the saber in the dark- didn't show up the costume well but we had great fun using my mums tiny city car as a sound system playing music while we played with my saber. my sister as some of you may remember is a bellydancer, she picked up my lightsaber and instantly was looking like a pro with it. jealous, will def be wanting to learn how to use it properly! my lovely sister showed me a few tricks however Cheesy ive got her hooked, she wants one. our next saber order is going to be huge I think!
I got a few more photos ill post later, right now im tired and its my bed time- another big day at Supa Nova tomorrow!
also, Carrie Fisher is at Supa Nova doing photographs and signing- im real real tempted to line up and get her autograph! don't think that opportunity will come up again!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:33 PM »

Those lines turned out very, very well and wind up adding a lot of character to the garment.

Totally groovy, here is a point.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

It looks very good, and you wear it well!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »

Point from me as well, and I second the above remarks! You did a FANTASTIC job! It looks very professional! I'm rather a bit envious! lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »

thankyou for your kind remarks Smiley im rather pleased with it, pretty much came out as I imagined. there was a lot of pattern adjusting and whatnot, and it worked out Cheesy
I had a book author look gobsmacked when we were talking costumes and my sister said that I made my costume perfect to the detail and I said no I didn't- he just looked at me and said what?! you made that yourself?! I thought it was professionally made! that made my day Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ashtor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 44

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:03:02 PM »

that robe is  out right gorgeous very nice work indeed

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 01:06:33 AM »

Very nice job!!!
I remember you talking about this robe before and the result speaks for itself. That is awsome and very much looks professional made. I love the colors and lines...it all just works!! And of course, it looks great on you. The costume suits you well and even though I do not know you personally, it looks right on you.
You should be very proud, Angel, and wear it everywhere!!
Point, absolutely.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »

It turned out great, so very good job on it. I wouldn't mind having one of those belts either.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 07:22:15 AM »

Holy crap, that turned out really well.  Nice job!  I like seeing some of the SWTOR costumes come to life, it adds a bit of variety to the typical Jedi ensemble that you see so commonly.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »

some more photos can be found here

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=14570.0

enjoy!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »

That looks awesome, point for you!

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »

Looks awesome, great job!  It really stands out!

Point!

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »

Awesome costume! The stripes look great! (Individually sewn on too - yikes!) Great job, B1ondeange1!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »

thanks all  Cheesy didn't end up getting the armor finished so didn't wear it the second day either- after playing lightsabers for who knows how long sat night after getting home from the convention, I kinda crashed and couldn't be bothered finishing it lol. ill have to finish it off then take photos Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »

I like seeing some of the SWTOR costumes come to life, it adds a bit of variety to the typical Jedi ensemble that you see so commonly.

Seconded.

Great job on the robes!!  They do look amazing.  And it's nice to see something that breaks up the lines of the standard robes.  Well done!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: