Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: my attempt at SWTOR sanctified caretakers robe (photo heavy)  (Read 12272 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »

Seriously nice robage!

Light side points please Smiley

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »

Yes, very nice!

STARVOID
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

[Light or Dark]

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »

Great craftsmanship truly great

Customized Standard issued Wooden saber staff/Blue.     Sometimes the right thing to do is a little dark. The grey is where I stand. [ Light or Dark ] you decide my fate.

Yavin
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »

I have to say, I am absolutely loving that gonk droid! Grin the robes are great as well!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »

Hey everyone, I thought I would revive this thread to give updates to my costume.

From the original pictures posted here from Supanova Perth 2013, I have now made pants to match the outer tunic (as can be seen in photos floating around the forum in places), I have finished off the shoulders on the tunic properly and I have remade the tabard and obi and put in snap fasteners, buttons, elastic etc to make the whole lot easier to get on and off, as previously I had to safety pin myself into it each time. Since I'm now getting around with the Rebel Legion and I'm also looking at (hopefully soon) joining Rebel Empire who are a costuming and lightsaber choreography/ stage performance group I figured it was necessary lol! Now I'm not constantly adjusting my costume to make sure it is straight as it tends to stay put! I still have to figure out how to fasten the robe across the front without pins, this is something I am working on.

All that is left on this outfit (to complete this version before I make my RL one) is to put a cuff on the pants because they are too short and keep riding up trying to come out of the boots (as I ran out of fabric to make them that inch longer) and to get a proper belt and boots. I am eyeing off a particularly nice Corellian Imports prequel style belt with cream edging that will go lovely with this outfit, but it is a little on the pricey side. For now I shall just keep dreaming about that lol. Oh, and I might one day get around to finished the shoulder armour.

A note- while I'm joining in with the RL, this is NOT RL approved, I'm simply along as a new recruit.

Under the robe- most of this is hidden by the robe which is always on since it is an integral part of the costume, but I thought it was high time I remade the tabard and obi since my previous were from my very old cheap cheats outfit. It also acted as good practice for when I make my RL membership costume. When I do that, I'm going to make the tabard and obi less wide. These are the things you learn as you go!

Outfit with all the additions

Side view- yes, I'm laughing my head off as I had a particularly blonde moment and had to think twice about which direction was right when asked to turn right lol!  Roll Eyes

Annnndddddd just because I can and we all love photos (a few shots from the event RL and some other local costuming clubs attended). That's my AS shock staff with the two yellowish colour discs on it (I think it is a yellow and orange colour disc together? Either way, it produces a lovely shade of yellow but remains fairly bright). 5 hours of having it running relatively solidly and I went through two sets of batteries Smiley

Star Wars and Firefly- my two favourite universes  Grin

With a very impressive and very tall Bumblebee! He had trouble getting through doorways  Tongue

With a fellow Jedi and a short Wookiee

And Deadpool and a Wookiee

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:13 PM »

no real updates on the costume, sadly I don't have the time or money atm. But another event photo from the weekend just been, coz we all love photos!  Grin I never figured this costume would get so much use when I made it, but I'm really enjoying getting out and costuming regularly!

fundraising with the Rebel Legion and 501st Smiley we have another fairly big event this weekend so hopefully I'll get some more photos then Smiley

with some tall jawas and a short stormtrooper!  Grin yes, he gets the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" all the time- he has a penalty jar for anyone who says it haha

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Maelstrom
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »

Woah very well done!  Point from me! 

Scorpion (Emerald Driver)
Bellicose (guardian blue)
Prophecy V3 (Adegan Silver)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 07:04:52 PM »

Very nice. Actually looks good without the armor to be honest, like its your own. And that double blade Shock SY saber matches perfectly over the Archon I think. So see, not ALL boots have to be knee high. You did it right. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »

Some experience you have in this wardrobe creation...Quite ambitious and well executed!!! Wink
The armor can take this project to the next level with an awesome paint job and attention to detail.

I'm still working on building up the nerve to attempt sewing my own cloak as I'm new to this "sewing thing".
Probably gonna have a couple of Sith designs I really want done "properly" custom made.
I'll then consider making a few alterations to a base Simplicity pattern referenced in my wardrobe thread below:
My First Self-Taught Sewing Lesson Result (Sith Inspired Design)!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »

Angel, that robe is incredibly beautiful: the lines are CLEAN; they look professionally done.  I wonder: have you/will you try any other SWTOR robes?  I've seen several pics and, from what I've seen of your skill-set, I bet that you could more than do them justice in execution  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: