Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Not as clumsy or random as a blaster...  (Read 3300 times)
Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: July 05, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »

After spending an inordinate amount of time sightseeing in Indinanapolis, my Archon is finally here!
I got it in Consular Green (with a Blazing Red MLS) and with Obsidian.
I'll throw up pictures (and possibly a video) later, but for now-

>First Impressions

The first thing that hit me (so to speak) was it's weight. This thing feels like a solid chunk of metal. It's great for spinning and the depth of the emitter socket means your blade isn't going anywhere. Obviously there is the stellar workmanship accompanying any Ultrasaber, and the blade is significantly brighter than my standard-setup-stunt Aeon, in my opinion.

I only have two minor gripes thus far- the battery pack was wedged into the hilt so tight I had to hit it against a table harder than I was comfortable with to get it out. I only hope nothing has gone awry with the wiring.
Secondly, I ordered it with the regular black-and-silver pommel, but it showed up with the classic pommel (not that it's really a problem- I'd decided when it was languishing in Indianapolis that I'd rather like the plain silver one).

All in all, it feels and looks like a damn good saber. Thanks Ultrasabers!

S

2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF TKD, part-time Instructor.

Aeon v3 CG
Archon v2.1 CG/BR (Obsidian)
Apprentice v4 CG (Obsidian)

Cyondios
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

LS Please

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »

Lol the folks at US are so good they know what you really want even when you don't order it

There must be balance between the light and dark, but the light lets you see the path before you.
Reaper-AS/AB  BR/FO Obsidian AS AV switch
Prophecy V3- CG
War Glaive- AS (raffle prize)

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »

Lol the folks at US are so good they know what you really want even when you don't order it

Exactly!

Dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

Sounds like this will be an awesome Archon. Can't wait to see it in Blazing Red. =] Just like with the recent Violet Amethyst orders, some of them turn out to be Dark Violet Amethyst even though you didn't order it.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »

Couple of photos I've taken from my iPad (hence the mediocre quality).

Firstly, the hilt itself...

Then, in Consular Green... (bonus shot of my toes)

Finally, in Blazing Red... (it really is cramped in there with Quick Disconnect. It takes some careful manoeuvring to get all the gubbins to sit right)

(I've also put the Count Dooku sound font (by Ninja-Jesus, which is awesome, thanks!) on it, and it sounds great! I like the slightly higher pitched sounds, which to me are characteristic of a synthetic crystal, perhaps...)

I'll get round to throwing a bit of a video together when I get back from my holiday.

S
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:24:57 AM by Laeradex » Logged

2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF TKD, part-time Instructor.

Aeon v3 CG
Archon v2.1 CG/BR (Obsidian)
Apprentice v4 CG (Obsidian)

drtdgr2
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

~Lightside Points Preferred~

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 04:41:24 AM »

Very nice! I love the design of that saber! Looks a lot like Luke Skywalker's 2nd lightsaber in my opinion! Especially withthe green bblade! Absolutely gorgeous.  Cheesy

“I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Prophecy V3- Adegan Silver with Color Discs
Consular - Consular Green
Manticore - Blue Violet Amethyst / Silver FoC
Dorinian - Guardian Blue / Arctic Blue FoC

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: