Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Glee Anselm  (Read 40875 times)
Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« on: July 06, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »

Glee Anselm was located within a star system in the Jalor sector of the Mid Rim region of the galaxy, on the Namadii Corridor between Vaced and Ord Varee. It was a mostly oceanic planet with one moon and few large landmasses. Most of its other islands and archipelagos were little more than swamps. It had a mild climate, ranging from tropical to temperate, but intense storms and hurricanes were common. Most of the planet's aquatic life, which survived in the high-pressure oceanic depths, had not been catalogued. The planet had a rotational period of 33 standard hours and an orbital period of 206 standard days.

The planet was home to two natural species, the Nautolan and the Anselmi. Both races evolved naturally on the planet, the Nautolans under the water and the Anselmi on what few landmasses there were. The competitions for land probably led to the Anselmi turning into a warlike race. However, as the Nautolans gradually came to the surface and acquired land, they were able to use their natural abilities and strength to ward off the Anselmi. As a result, the Nautolans made up the majority of the population, since there were very few Anselmi left on the planet; the latter's numbers continued to diminish due to internal warfare.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Alvalon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »

Krit was forced to consciousness by an alert from the main computer informing him that they had exited hyperspace. "Kriff," Krit grumbled under his breath. "I can't get this kriffing ship onto the ground." Forcing himself upright - he had grown stiff from sleeping in his chair, Krit found Keldor, and woke him up. "We're out of hyperspace," he told the not-quite-awake Nautolan. "I hope you can pilot this thing, because I can't."

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »

Keldor stretched as he tried to wake his body and mind. "I can take the ship in," he said groggily. As the Nautolan looked through the transparisteel viewscreen, he felt a smile widening on his face. Home, he thought happily. It had felt like eons since he had last gone swimming in the crystal clear waters of Glee Anselm. He wondered if anyone would recognize or remember him.

The Jedi called back over his shoulder at his companion, "Krit, just wait until you see the oceans. You'll never want to leave!" As he finished speaking, he transmitted a request to the planet below for permission to land. Without waiting for confirmation on clearance, he began piloting the ship down toward one of the few land masses.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »

Keldor stretched as he tried to wake his body and mind. "I can take the ship in," he said groggily. As the Nautolan looked through the transparisteel viewscreen, he felt a smile widening on his face. Home, he thought happily. It had felt like eons since he had last gone swimming in the crystal clear waters of Glee Anselm. He wondered if anyone would recognize or remember him.

The Jedi called back over his shoulder at his companion, "Krit, just wait until you see the oceans. You'll never want to leave!" As he finished speaking, he transmitted a request to the planet below for permission to land. Without waiting for confirmation on clearance, he began piloting the ship down toward one of the few land masses.

"I'm sure," Krit told Keldor patronizingly. He was a mediocre swimmer at best, and after an adolescence spent, for the most part, on a dry, desolate, desert world, the idea of a planet covered in water was . . . unsettling. He hoped he wouldn't be expected to swim much. Still, Keldor's enthusiasm was oddly contagious, and he felt a sense of eager anticipation growing.

Since he could not help with the actual flying of the ship, Krit sat down and watched engine readouts. Boring, but at least he felt like he was doing something. "Shouldn't we get a clearance or something?" he asked, trying to sound casual. A ship landing without waiting for permission to land seemed like it would be shot out of the sky. But, perhaps that was the Sith past talking.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

"I'm sure," Krit told Keldor patronizingly. He was a mediocre swimmer at best, and after an adolescence spent, for the most part, on a dry, desolate, desert world, the idea of a planet covered in water was . . . unsettling. He hoped he wouldn't be expected to swim much. Still, Keldor's enthusiasm was oddly contagious, and he felt a sense of eager anticipation growing.

Since he could not help with the actual flying of the ship, Krit sat down and watched engine readouts. Boring, but at least he felt like he was doing something. "Shouldn't we get a clearance or something?" he asked, trying to sound casual. A ship landing without waiting for permission to land seemed like it would be shot out of the sky. But, perhaps that was the Sith past talking.

Keldor thought for a moment before saying, "Yeah, you're probably right. Then again, it's not like we're posing a threat, right?"

Despite seeming unconcerned, the Nautolan tried to check the comm without being too obvious about it. There still hadn't been a reply. What's wrong? He tried sending the codes again, and waited for a reply.

At long last, an answer came back over the communications system. "Sorry about the delay; you are clear to land. We will transmit coordinates momentarily."

Keldo smiled and looked back at Krit, "See, nothing to worry about."

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »

Keldor thought for a moment before saying, "Yeah, you're probably right. Then again, it's not like we're posing a threat, right?"

Despite seeming unconcerned, the Nautolan tried to check the comm without being too obvious about it. There still hadn't been a reply. What's wrong? He tried sending the codes again, and waited for a reply.

At long last, an answer came back over the communications system. "Sorry about the delay; you are clear to land. We will transmit coordinates momentarily."

Keldo smiled and looked back at Krit, "See, nothing to worry about."

"I never said there was," Krit grumbled. "But anyone trying to land in Kaas city without clearance would be blasted into oblivion." He looked at Keldor out of the corner of his eye. "Not that," he added, "I think that blasting us out of the ship was likely . . . but it was possible."

Krit went back to engine readouts. Not that he was needed; the ship was running like new. "How," Krit began, "how much do you think I'll actually have to swim?"

A whole planet covered in water, Krit thought nervously. I am going to drown. Kriff.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

***Keldor***

"Well," Keldor began hesitantly, "It all depends on where the Tiket family is. Some of us Nautolans have taken to the land, though we still enjoy the water greatly. If the Tiket family is one of those who live on one of the land masses, then I can't imagine you having to swim." He then added with a smile, "Though we may go for a dip anyway! You can't visit Glee Anselm and not experience its waters!"

As the vessel approached the parcel of land that they had been directed to, Keldor said more to himself than anything else, "I hope everything goes well. If the Anselmi are attacking again, it might be hard to find the Tiket family."

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »

***Keldor***

"Well," Keldor began hesitantly, "It all depends on where the Tiket family is. Some of us Nautolans have taken to the land, though we still enjoy the water greatly. If the Tiket family is one of those who live on one of the land masses, then I can't imagine you having to swim." He then added with a smile, "Though we may go for a dip anyway! You can't visit Glee Anselm and not experience its waters!"

As the vessel approached the parcel of land that they had been directed to, Keldor said more to himself than anything else, "I hope everything goes well. If the Anselmi are attacking again, it might be hard to find the Tiket family."

"What is an Anselmi?" Krit asked.

Kriff, I hope there aren't any complications to this Krit thought. Other than the whole kriffing planet being covered in ocean.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »

"What is an Anselmi?" Krit asked.

Kriff, I hope there aren't any complications to this Krit thought. Other than the whole kriffing planet being covered in ocean.

***Keldor***

The Nautolan lost his ever present smile as he answered, "The Anselmi are the other race the lives on Glee Anselm. While my ancestors lived in the oceans, the Anselmi lived on the land. Once we started moving onto the land as well, they grew angry with us and decided to attack us. We've had off and on wars with them for years. There aren't many of them, but if they're reorganized and attacked us, then we could have trouble."

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »

***Keldor***

The Nautolan lost his ever present smile as he answered, "The Anselmi are the other race the lives on Glee Anselm. While my ancestors lived in the oceans, the Anselmi lived on the land. Once we started moving onto the land as well, they grew angry with us and decided to attack us. We've had off and on wars with them for years. There aren't many of them, but if they're reorganized and attacked us, then we could have trouble."

Krit opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again when he realized he had nothing to say. In the time that Krit had known the Jedi, short as that admittedly was, that smile had never left.

"Hopefully," Krit said at last, "that won't happen." He thought for a brief moment on what to say. "After all, the spaceport seems fairly at ease, so there probably isn't anything to worry about." Krit hoped that Keldor wouldn't see that as the meaningless fluff that it was.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »

***Keldor***

"True, true," he said, his smile returning once again. "Plus the chances of the Anselmi attacking us is very slim, so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus this shouldn't take too long, but knowing this clan of Nautolans like I remember, they are always very hospitable. So, I hope you like fish." He laughed, hoping Krit would too. The truth was he didn't know how this would play out. He expected a lot of talking and convincing to let the boy go. He only hoped things wouldn't turn sour.

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »

***Keldor***

"True, true," he said, his smile returning once again. "Plus the chances of the Anselmi attacking us is very slim, so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus this shouldn't take too long, but knowing this clan of Nautolans like I remember, they are always very hospitable. So, I hope you like fish." He laughed, hoping Krit would too. The truth was he didn't know how this would play out. He expected a lot of talking and convincing to let the boy go. He only hoped things wouldn't turn sour.

Krit did laugh. "That's one thing about this planet that sounds good," he said. "I do enjoy fish."

Krit's eyes widened a fraction when they were low enough to see the terrain. The planet was covered in water; blue as far as his eye could see, a near-perfect orb of water, only slightly marred by the occasional land mass. Even after being told about the planet, Krit was still shocked. "So much for not swimming," he said, partially under his breath.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »

***Keldor***

Keldor was so glad to be home. The beauty of the water filled his eyes, and the smell of the salty water filled his nose. It was just how he remembered it when he has eight. Keldor wanted to strip everything off and dive in and never leave the water, much like he did when he was just a toddler. But of course, Keldor knew he couldn't do that. They were on a mission, to help give a better life to a young Nautolan.

"Well, first, I say we find someone and see if they know where the Tiket family is," he said. "Someone in this hangar may know, or even in the few cities on the land masses." He stepped off the ramp into the hangar as people began working. He motioned for Krit to follow as he made his way into the hangar's lobby.

Alvalon
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 11:07:49 PM »

***Keldor***

Keldor was so glad to be home. The beauty of the water filled his eyes, and the smell of the salty water filled his nose. It was just how he remembered it when he has eight. Keldor wanted to strip everything off and dive in and never leave the water, much like he did when he was just a toddler. But of course, Keldor knew he couldn't do that. They were on a mission, to help give a better life to a young Nautolan.

"Well, first, I say we find someone and see if they know where the Tiket family is," he said. "Someone in this hangar may know, or even in the few cities on the land masses." He stepped off the ramp into the hangar as people began working. He motioned for Krit to follow as he made his way into the hangar's lobby.

Krit sighed. The search could take months, if they were lucky. Years, if they were not. "There's got to be a shorter way," he mused to himself, following Keldor automatically while trying to think of a better way to find the Tiket family.

At last, an idea came to him. "Why don't we just check public files?" he suggested.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »

***Keldor***

Keldor was going to say something smug, but stopped himself. He was better than that anyway.

"Right, of course, good thinking," he said, clearly embarrassed at what just happened. They made their way into the main town, and scanned around. A passing Nautolan nodded to him, but Keldor stopped him before he could walk away.

"Sir, I am looking for the public records, can you point us in the right direction?" The passerby pointed south and Keldor thanked them. They quickly ran south, going towards the public records office.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: