Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′: Official Image of Electro Revealed  (Read 1211 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: July 10, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »

With the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con going down next week, studios are trying to make a big media impact with their  geek genre tentpole flicks – and one of the bigger films to be featured at this year’s ‘Con will be Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The sequel to director Marc Webb’s successful reboot of the Spider-Man movie franchise has been teasing fans for months with images that hint at big potential developments for both ASM2 and the larger Spidey movie universe, but now it’s time to get official. Today we have an… er, official image from Amazing Spider-Man 2 to share, and it features none other than Jamie Foxx as Spidey’s new superpowered foe, Electro.

EW debuted the image as one of the variant covers for their Comic-Con 2013 preview issue.

We’ve previously seen unofficial images of Jamie foxx on set in his blue Electro makeup – which is clearly drawn from the more modern Ultimate Spider-Man version of the villain (blue sparky), rather than the original green-on-yellow costume from the original comics. Despite all the debate about casting Foxx in the role, it’s easy to say that makeup and effects team behind the film have done a suitable job of creating a believable version of a man whose body is overflowing with electric current. Fans of old-school Electro: there’s even a few nice homages to your version, what with the lighting bolt images included with his Prometheus-style space suit (kidding… sort of).

Ultimate Electro

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is still something of a mystery in terms of story. We know Spidey will be battling Electro and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti); a prison full of super villains will be involved; gene-splicing (as seen in the first film) will likely result in several big plot developments; Mary Jane Watson WON’T be in the film; Harry and Norman Osborn’s appearance could spell big doom to come; and more…

Stay tuned next week as we attend Sony’s Amazing Spider-Man 2 Comic-Con panel; we expect to see some great footage and learn new mysteries and hints that could keep fans buzzing until release day. You don’t want to miss it.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be in theaters on May 2, 2014.

Source: http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider-man-2-electro-jamie-foxx-image-official-comic-con-2013/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

I don't know how much steam the Spider-Man franchise can keep up, but it would be kinda cool to see them build to a Sinister Six confrontation.  So long as they don't do what they did with the Rami Spidermans and the Burton Batmans.  I hate when studios feel that they need to make it "more exciting" by simply adding another villain.  If one was exciting, two makes it more exciting, we saw him fight now, now lets have him fight three... that gets a little old fast.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »

I don't know how much steam the Spider-Man franchise can keep up, but it would be kinda cool to see them build to a Sinister Six confrontation.  So long as they don't do what they did with the Rami Spidermans and the Burton Batmans.  I hate when studios feel that they need to make it "more exciting" by simply adding another villain.  If one was exciting, two makes it more exciting, we saw him fight now, now lets have him fight three... that gets a little old fast.

Forthcoming
The Wolverine
Thor: The Dark World   Marvel Studios

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Columbia Pictures
X-Men: Days of Future Past   20th Century Fox
Guardians of the Galaxy

Announced
Untitled Fantastic Four reboot   
Untitled The Avengers sequel
Ant-Man

Unrevealed Marvel Studios film   Only release date revealed
Third The Amazing Spider-Man film
Unrevealed Marvel Studios film

Fourth The Amazing Spider-Man film

_________

As of now that is the official lineup for all marvel films currently in development.

From what I can see for ASM is definitely a build up to the SS; what with #2 featuring Electro and Rhino and the first with Lizard.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »

Forthcoming
The Wolverine
Thor: The Dark World   Marvel Studios

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Columbia Pictures
X-Men: Days of Future Past   20th Century Fox
Guardians of the Galaxy

Announced
Untitled Fantastic Four reboot   
Untitled The Avengers sequel
Ant-Man

Unrevealed Marvel Studios film   Only release date revealed
Third The Amazing Spider-Man film

Fourth The Amazing Spider-Man film

_________

As of now that is the official lineup for all marvel films currently in development.

From what I can see for ASM is definitely a build up to the SS; what with #2 featuring Electro and Rhino and the first with Lizard.

It's all well and good to say they're looking to 2018 and a 4th film, but remember, Sam Rami had been given the green light for 6 Spiderman movies.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »

Here's hoping they learned from there mistake in "Cramming."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: