Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: What's your favorite Trek series?  (Read 13814 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »

*bad joke incoming, brace for impact!*

Hey, you've all watched TNG. If you had to wear the season 2 perpetual wedgie suits, would YOU be smiling? No, no I didn't think you would. Tongue

What?  You don't like that feeling?

Weird...

Light side points please Smiley

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »

You get a point for at least pretending that I'm not the only person here who's worn one. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 03:04:15 AM »

You get a point for at least pretending that I'm not the only person here who's worn one. lol

Worn one?!

Lol that is a good one.

Not only worn them, I have sewn them!

I made three...blue, red, gold...as well as an Odo uniform!

I met Michael Dorn at a SWcon in New Orleans wearing my Odo/Bajoran outfit...I changed when I got to show him around the area near the con...he had a 1/2&1/2 oyster/shrimp po'boy

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »

Did not like as much?  Oh yeah...Dr Who Celery guy, \

You mean the Fifth Doctor played by Peter Davison.  I liked him myself, even if the celery was a weird idea.  I liked the rest of his outfit and some of the stories were well written (they hadn't gotten completely horrid like they were during the  the Sixth Doctor's tenure)

Also of note, Peter Davison guest starred on a mini episode of New Who with David Tennant called "Time Crash".  Peter Davison's daughter Georgia is marriage to David Tennant.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »

I know they say that TNG improved susbstantially from season 1 to season 2, upgrading Geordi to chief engineer, Riker growing his beard etc. I still have problems watching S2 though because of those awful uniforms.

The back fastening ones may have been unlikely at best - "I'm on duty in two minutes - Do me up!" but they looked to be of much higher quality, and given the quality of the main set, it always jarred with me.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »

It has always been my belief that TNG came into its own in season 3.  That's when it stepped out of the original's shadow IMO.  And that cliffhanger finale 'Best of Both Worlds" part one really sealed the deal for me.

Madeye
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 17

Harkness - Torchwood

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:12 PM »

Back to Dr Pulaski...the grand dame of Enterprise...the Betty White of medical officers...I found a picture of her smiling...seems like her and Bella/Kristen Stewart have the same facial acting style

Smiley

LOL!...Point to you for making me bust a gut laughing at Kristen Stewart/Betty White comparison! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:00:32 PM by Madeye » Logged

Overlord-GB w/Sound GB illum AV
Li-Ion w/Buckpuck UEHG

Scorpion-AS w/Sound AS illum AV
Li-Ion w/BuckPuck UEHG

Belicose-FO w/Sound-FOC BR
Li-Ion w/BuckPuck UE (Raffle Prize)

Dark Initiate LE v3-GB-grabbag

Monarch-CG w/Sound illum CG AV
Li-Ion w/BuckPuck UE (Ordered)
Light side points

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »

TNG definitely took a while to get rolling, but once it did, it was good.
TOS is full of camp and cheese by today's standards, but even the bad episodes were entertaining.
DS9 is my favorite, but it took a couple of seasons to come into its own as well.  Once O'Brien and Worf became cast members it started feeling more complete and the long running story arc was great.
Voyager I can watch sometimes, most times I never cared for it and it just refused to get better.
Enterprise had a few good episodes, especially once Manny Coto started as producer but it was too little, too late.  "Into a Mirror Darkly" is by far one of my all time favorite trek episodes ever.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »

Enterprise had a few good episodes, especially once Manny Coto started as producer but it was too little, too late.  "Into a Mirror Darkly" is by far one of my all time favorite trek episodes ever.

Very true.  I just wonder what could have been had the show gotten it's final 3 seasons.  Unfortunately no matter how good S3 and 4 were (I loved them), as you said it was too little too late. 

Wasn't O'Brien part of the DS9 cast from the beginning? 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Madeye
Knight Lieutenant

Harkness - Torchwood

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »

Is it just me....Or, do you all go out of your way to see shows/movies/plays that feature star trek actors in them???

I mean really, I was not a Wesley Crusher fan at all......But, I gotta say, Wil Wheaton is great in movies like Stand by Me, Toy Soldiers, and shows like The Guild and Big Bang Theory Smiley

Li-Ion w/Buckpuck UEHG

Li-Ion w/BuckPuck UEHG

Light side points

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

Is it just me....Or, do you all go out of your way to see shows/movies/plays that feature star trek actors in them???

I mean really, I was not a Wesley Crusher fan at all......But, I gotta say, Wil Wheaton is great in movies like Stand by Me, Toy Soldiers, and shows like The Guild and Big Bang Theory Smiley

I don't, but if I happen to see something that has a Trek character then it's a nice little bonus.  I just happened to see some Big Bang episodes with Wil Wheaton and he is good in that show.  I think I like him better in that than I ever did in TNG.  Nothing against Wesley Crusher, just not one of my favorites.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Madeye
Knight Lieutenant

Harkness - Torchwood

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »

I don't, but if I happen to see something that has a Trek character then it's a nice little bonus.  I just happened to see some Big Bang episodes with Wil Wheaton and he is good in that show.  I think I like him better in that than I ever did in TNG.  Nothing against Wesley Crusher, just not one of my favorites.

I understand what you're saying......Perhaps Wil Wheaton wasn't a great example.

Patrick Stewart is a better example.....I will go out of my way to watch something with him in it, he's such a dynamic actor, that I am enthralled to see him any chance I can get. Smiley

Li-Ion w/Buckpuck UEHG

Li-Ion w/BuckPuck UEHG

Light side points

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »

Patrick Stewart is a better example.....I will go out of my way to watch something with him in it, he's such a dynamic actor, that I am enthralled to see him any chance I can get. Smiley

I love how Stewart does all the comedy voice work with American Dad, Ted and like you I love his work.

He seems to be the only actor who can step in and out if Star Trek and be successful while all other main  actors are screwed.

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 04:45:22 PM »

I love how Stewart does all the comedy voice work with American Dad, Ted and like you I love his work.

He seems to be the only actor who can step in and out if Star Trek and be successful while all other main  actors are screwed.

Don't forget Levar Burton.  He was awesome in Reading Rainbow.  Cheesy

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 04:59:05 PM »

Wasn't O'Brien part of the DS9 cast from the beginning? 

Yes, he was there from the start of DS9.

I like Patrick Stewart not because he is a Trek actor but because he is an amazing actor, I grew up watching movies with him in them like Excalibur, and Dune, and then later things like the X-Men movies. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: