Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SWTOR Release Date???  (Read 6082 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:53 AM »

I am creating this topic so that as soon as SOMEONE..... ANYONE..... knows anything regarding a Release Date for Star Wars: The Old Republic, that they can come in here and post it so that the rest of us can share in their Glee  Grin  (ughhhh I hate that show  Roll Eyes (Glee) )

Anyway, I looked all over G4's website as well as SWTOR's main site, and couldn't see anything regarding an Official Release Date for My Beloved SWTOR  Cry

Just wanted to check with the community and make sure I didn't miss anything, hope we hear something soon  Undecided...................

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »

no official release date right now. they have said many times it is confirmed for 2011. best guesses put it in the late fall. One possible leak is November but that's just a maybe. 

They said there will be OBVIOUS signs... like the Platform the game will be bought on would have to be live?

Or maybe they would have released the intro cinematic to the game?

Or maybe they would have announced there would be a regular and digital deluxe edition to the game?

Or maybe they would have spoken a bit about end game or confirmed that it was 1-50 playable?

Or maybe they would say the game is live on servers and out of testing servers?

Or for sure they would say the game is done and only needs to be polished?

oh wait, they did all that....

Mystime
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »

no official release date right now. they have said many times it is confirmed for 2011. best guesses put it in the late fall. One possible leak is November but that's just a maybe. 

They said there will be OBVIOUS signs... like the Platform the game will be bought on would have to be live?

Or maybe they would have released the intro cinematic to the game?

Or maybe they would have announced there would be a regular and digital deluxe edition to the game?

Or maybe they would have spoken a bit about end game or confirmed that it was 1-50 playable?

Or maybe they would say the game is live on servers and out of testing servers?

Or for sure they would say the game is done and only needs to be polished?

oh wait, they did all that....

Sorry, my first post. Been stalking US for awhile. Anyway, Razer did leak the release date from what I have heard (I did not see the rumored leak) said that the gaming gear they are making is to be released a week or so before the release of SWTOR in November. Like you said, we do not know if that is to be true, but with what they are saying about Q3 or Q4, it fits. Either way, I'll have my rig by the end of July.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »

We've all been waiting over a YEAR for it's release!  I personally am a little worried on whether or not they are going to make it Mac compatible since I am a Mac user and don't own a PC that could stand up to gaming...  Undecided

Mystime
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »

We've all been waiting over a YEAR for it's release!  I personally am a little worried on whether or not they are going to make it Mac compatible since I am a Mac user and don't own a PC that could stand up to gaming...  Undecided

Not trying to go off-topic, but...

EA, Bioware's parent company, has licensed TransGaming's Cider technology which allows for Mac ports of Windows games to be done in a matter of days with virtually no recoding of the Windows game necessary. Many EA games are now getting a simultaneous Mac release using this technology. City of Heroes and Eve Online both use Cider for their Mac version. Taken together there is a pretty strong case to made for a Mac version of TOR.

A Bioware panelist stated that they aren't currently working on a Mac version. That would tend to rule out a native port, but given the relative ease of a Cider port and the fact that Warhammer Online just released a Cider port (Mythic and Bioware are in the same division in EA now) would seem to indicate a Mac port is more a matter of when than if.

EDIT: As a PC user, a Mac version of SWTOR sounded pretty cool. I know of two fixes, one may not work. The one that would work 100% would to partition the hard-drive for XP. Or use Bootcamp. Who is to say it would to work 100%, no one. It may or not work, but just thoughts for you.

I looked on the TOR forum and Bio-Ware said that it would only be available for PC. That was the last statement they said about Mac and SWTOR in awhile. And awhile is late 2009. So you never know. Just wait till the official release date is thrown up into the public and see what is said. The XP idea will work and since XP is pretty cheap to get hold of, it would be the best bet. Hopefully the newbie to LED sabers helped you. I am no newbie in the computer world though. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:30:09 PM by Mystime » Logged

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »

Thanks for the info Mystime!  I knew about partitioning the hard drive but I'd rather not.  I appreciate your time and research!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »

Sorry, my first post. Been stalking US for awhile. Anyway, Razer did leak the release date from what I have heard (I did not see the rumored leak) said that the gaming gear they are making is to be released a week or so before the release of SWTOR in November. Like you said, we do not know if that is to be true, but with what they are saying about Q3 or Q4, it fits. Either way, I'll have my rig by the end of July.

From what I see The game will come out in the late August to mid November time frame. Here is why

1) Bioware has said they want a short window from announcement of release date to release, roughly a month gap.

2) They have been putting out lots of info and the game is pretty much done. they have said they are in the final polish stage. They are doing testing and at the end of June there will be a large scale ramp up in their closed testing. (from bioware ceo) They have said there will almost certainly be no open beta. They have over one million people signed up for beta and they think that is a high enough number to bug and stress test the servers.

3) Comicon: My pick for when the release date will be announced. It is toward the end of July. Based on the short time they want from announcement to release that puts the game in late august early September.

4) If they do not announce at comicon then chances are very high for a November release. It wont go past that or they will be stepping on the toes of their other game releases.

My official guess, September 2nd.

Also the razor leaked date is based on the quarter estimates, not actual knowledge of the release date.

Mystime
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 02:54:58 AM »

Thanks for the info Mystime!  I knew about partitioning the hard drive but I'd rather not.  I appreciate your time and research!
Not fully partitioning the hard-drive. Dual boot. Or maybe you understood the dual boot meaning. Oh well.

@swam: Like I said, wasn't too sure. Thanks for the information.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 03:25:30 AM »

I'm gonna use the Dark Side of the Force to throw in a random guess here Wink:

I'm Gonna Predict:

11/08/2011

All Shall Be As I Have Forseen  Wink.................

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »

I'm gonna use the Dark Side of the Force to throw in a random guess here Wink:

I'm Gonna Predict:

11/08/2011

All Shall Be As I Have Forseen  Wink.................

That's what Harold Camping said.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »

That's what Harold Camping said.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: