Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Look At Sentinel Designs From ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’  (Read 1134 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: July 18, 2013, 08:18:19 PM »

Although it’s not official we can safely say that Bryan Singer and Twentieth Century Fox are using a significant portion of their 90-minute Comic-Con presentation this Saturday to offer the first ever real look at X-Men: Days of Future Past. The rest of the panel will be for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and The Wolverine.

Teasing the imminent unveiling, Fox is holding a neat viral marketing setup for Trask Industries – the company run by Peter Dinklage’s character (Bolivar Trask) that creates the giant mutant-hunting Sentinel robots that’ll play a big role in Days of Future Past.

In Marvel Comics and in the X-Men cartoons, the traditional Sentinel designs feature a pink and purple color scheme and from the images below featuring two propaganda posters and a bust of a Sentinel head, that remains true in the film, at least for the Mark I unit:

The viral site http://www.trask-industries.com/ is now live with a hidden-in-darkness teaser image of the Sentinel head, with an interesting tagline asking Comic-Con attendees to join them near the San Diego Convention Center “to celebrate 50 years of human progress,” teasing the near-future anti-mutant world where we expect much of the film to take place.

The display is labeled with information on the Mark I design, indicating that there will be more designs and if the head is to scale, certainly larger designs. It seems to be a prototype (potentially 50 years old) of what Trask crafts to battle the X-Men and all of mutantkind.

Sentinel Mark I Anniversary Display

Bring your friends and family to see Bolivar Trask’s crowning achievement, the original Sentinel Mark I production model. Show your support by photographing youself at the Sentinel display and tagging your photo with #DOFP and #XMEN.

50th Anniversary Announcement

For 50 years, we have been advancing the cause of humanity. Help us celebrate five decades of safety and security by visiting Trask-Industries.com for a special reveal.

Bryan Singer directs X-Men: Days of Future Past with newcomers Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing, Evan Peters, Adan Canto, Josh Helman, along with returning stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Lucas Till, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Halle Berry, and Daniel Cudmore. James Marsden may be involved if witness reports are true.

The Wolverine releases July 26, 2013, X-Men: Days of Future Past on July 18, 2014.

Source: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-sentinel-designs/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: