Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 276296 times)
imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #660 on: January 20, 2019, 09:59:59 PM »

Yay points!! I blame Sci-fi. I never had a thing for yellow until he talked it up so much. Now I can’t live without it!!! Point back your way Bone...

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Everae
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #661 on: January 21, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first saber as Sentinel v5 LE with SY (the other one is a mystery saber I got with it). Both blades are Heavy Grade, seems like UEHG is best with yellow. First image is from my Redmi phone and the other two from my mother's iPhone. The colour differences are interesting.

I'm just curious about something while I am on here. So, I ordered my saber with a group of friends, originally in Adegan Silver Tri-Cree but mentioned in the comment SY if possible. Is there a way I can check if I received a tricree SY, a regular SY or is it just not possible (I've been looking at the forums but came to no conclusion? What happens to the remaining money I had spent?

Either way, my next saber will be an Adegan Silver Tri-Cree with a filter. Is there any sort of LEE filters equivalent here in Australia? The swatchbooks I've seen range from $50-150 that would be the $2 designer editions in the US. I've just bought random filters from eBay having expected a Adegan Silver.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #662 on: January 21, 2019, 02:47:38 PM »

Beautitful Sentinel LE V5, Everae. 

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #663 on: January 21, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »

Hey there Everae. Nice yellow, and looks like a mystery box arbiter, awesome.

In answer to your question(s), as far as I know, SY is made by mixing red and green with an RGB (red green blue) led unit. I believe this means your saber has 3 leds, but only 2 of them are used to make the color. I'm not positive about this so maybe someone who has one can chime in.

Normally SY would be ordered by picking a $5 color and then $5 in requisition charges. If you picked a $15 color then you might want to check how much you were actually charged for the order and contact customer service if necessary.

As far as finding filters I would try an internet search "lighting filter swatch book". I found a 2 dollar roscolux swatch book with 35 dollar shipping to Australia. Not great, but better than $50. Maybe you can find a better option. Best of luck, I love my tri silver saber.

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #664 on: January 21, 2019, 10:29:47 AM »

Hey Evarae!

The way to check for Tri-Cree:  TURN THE SABER OFF!  (Important, you don't want to hurt your eyes!)  With the saber off, remove the blade and look down into the blade socket at the LED module.  Any Tri-Cree will have three LED "lenses" there - three circles that look like a lense.   If you have three of them, Tri-Cree.  If only one, its a normal LED module.

The way they mix SY is by mixing red and green together.  Some colors can be mixed for Tri-Cree, like Artic Blue for example, but I am not sure SY is one of these.   If they can do it, though, it will have the three LEDs instead of just one.

For me, my yellow sabers are all actually Adegan Silver (white)  Tri-Cree LEDs with Lee Yellow 101 filters.  I acquired a Lee Swatchbook online for a small fee, I think when I got mine it was free with a $5.99 shipping cost in the USA.   The downside is that you can only get two or possibly three usable filters from each swatch, so cut carefully!   I also recommend checking out the Lee filter thread "Filtered Tri-AS Prophecy" here in the Gallery forum for a load of great filter colors.

You can also get some interesting colors with an SY LED using filters, just remember that you only have green and red to begin with, so you're filter can only remove amounts of green and red to make colors like orange, aqua, etc.   And any filtering you do will dim the light, as you're using the filter to block light of certain colors so only other colors get through.   Filters don't 'color' the light, they only block some and let others through.  If you're not starting with white light you'll get some odd colors with filters, but sometimes the results can be really cool.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

eratosthenes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 34

Sentinel with a camera

« Reply #665 on: January 26, 2019, 07:56:09 PM »

I can say that sentinel yellow/gold is a noble color to have.

My prophecy in tri-cree stays nice and bright with a Roscolux #15, Deep Straw. Not yellow. Not orange. Has a nice gold shade to it.

I find this filter in my saber more often than the others.

I've no idea why sentinels seem so overlooked.

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #666 on: January 26, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »

Nice Smiley I think it's because sentinels are the least glamorous/romantic in a way.

If guardians are the embodiment of physical acuity, and consulars are the embodiment of force acuity, I feel like sentinels are the embodiment of mental acuity, which is a less tangible thing to demonstrate.

Guardians and Consulars perform amazing physical feats and force feats, but a Sentinel is more subtle, thinking their way through problems.

I honestly feel like Obi Wan might be more of a Sentinel than a Guardian. I always felt like his greatest strength was his mind.

Sentinels are probably the least reliant on the force, but they might be the best example of Yoda's wisdom: "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things."

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

eratosthenes
Knight Lance Corporal

Sentinel with a camera

« Reply #667 on: January 26, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

I feel the greatest affinity for the sentinel "caste", as I love problem/puzzle-solving. Expecting the force to solve every problem along the way just sounds like the proverbial, "everything looks like a nail to a hammer."

In a universe of blues and greens, yellow stands out.

Nice Smiley I think it's because sentinels are the least glamorous/romantic in a way.

If guardians are the embodiment of physical acuity, and consulars are the embodiment of force acuity, I feel like sentinels are the embodiment of mental acuity, which is a less tangible thing to demonstrate.

Guardians and Consulars perform amazing physical feats and force feats, but a Sentinel is more subtle, thinking their way through problems.

I honestly feel like Obi Wan might be more of a Sentinel than a Guardian. I always felt like his greatest strength was his mind.

Sentinels are probably the least reliant on the force, but they might be the best example of Yoda's wisdom: "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things."

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #668 on: January 27, 2019, 09:36:28 PM »

In a universe of blues and greens, yellow stands out.

Agreed Smiley

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #669 on: January 27, 2019, 09:36:40 PM »

Well said Lacer.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:38:29 AM by Rapine » Logged

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #670 on: January 29, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »

Thanks Gum Smiley

eratosthenes
Knight Lance Corporal

Sentinel with a camera

« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2019, 10:54:25 PM »

Finally, made some time, cleaned up the studio and took one photo.

Prophecy v3, tri-Cree, adegan silver, obsidian v3 sound, yellow filters. Addition of Rust-oleum hammered finish grey.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »

That's a beautiful Prophecy, eratosthenes and point for the share.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

eratosthenes
Knight Lance Corporal

Sentinel with a camera

« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »

And another, slightly different.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #674 on: February 17, 2019, 11:49:18 PM »

Wow, another stunning picture. These are fantastic.

You should be doing blade color reference pictures for Ultrasabers. I've never seen the blades look so true to life as they do in your pictures.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: