Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 273548 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »

Beautiful!  And thanks for the side-by-side comparisons with other sabers, too.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »

My latest addition to the Yellow Legion:

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2021, 08:25:40 PM »

Beautiful hilt and blade color! I love it

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2021, 11:26:32 PM »

That is one heck of an emitter! I'm sorry, hate me if you will, but I don't think I'll ever be a big fan of yellow blades. Maybe it'll change one day, but I've never used them in games and don't use them in my lightsabers currently. I'll look through the nice photos here, and am drooling over some of these modifications... but I suppose this is the wrong club for me. I mean I think the last person I loved having a yellow saber was Bastilla? And that crystal got swapped out asap. Meh, sorry to poop on the party, my bad. I do like your lightsabers.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »

I love gold...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #770 on: March 17, 2021, 07:25:17 PM »

That is one heck of an emitter! I'm sorry, hate me if you will, but I don't think I'll ever be a big fan of yellow blades. Maybe it'll change one day, but I've never used them in games and don't use them in my lightsabers currently. I'll look through the nice photos here, and am drooling over some of these modifications... but I suppose this is the wrong club for me. I mean I think the last person I loved having a yellow saber was Bastilla? And that crystal got swapped out asap. Meh, sorry to poop on the party, my bad. I do like your lightsabers.

No problem!  Not everyone loves all colors, that's why US sells so many different colored sabers!   ;-)

I've always been a fan of yellow, for two reasons:   When I was a kid, I got a hasbro lightsaber that was a yellow inflatable tube that connected to a flashlight.   Not entirely unlike our current US offerings, but far less sturdy.  But the main reason was Bibleman.   His sword, the representative of the Bible in the stories, was a yellow lightsaber.   Its a really cheesy kids show, but it was fun and I loved the lightsaber fights.  It obviously made an impression on me!   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #771 on: March 17, 2021, 11:30:48 PM »

No problem!  Not everyone loves all colors, that's why US sells so many different colored sabers!   ;-)

I've always been a fan of yellow, for two reasons:   When I was a kid, I got a hasbro lightsaber that was a yellow inflatable tube that connected to a flashlight.   Not entirely unlike our current US offerings, but far less sturdy.  But the main reason was Bibleman.   His sword, the representative of the Bible in the stories, was a yellow lightsaber.   Its a really cheesy kids show, but it was fun and I loved the lightsaber fights.  It obviously made an impression on me!  

Good ole nostalgia is a pretty solid reason. I can't fault such logic... And as far as simple or foolish goes, I mean I'd bet my original MA love stems from Power Rangers more than anything as the "spark" that got things going. There is little I can't find laughable about that series looking back, but I mean that's being a kid anyway. Not to mention I've watched mountains of anime with probably the craziest characters possible... I mean, if you want a halfway similar comparison to your reference, look up Wolfwood from Trigun... his armament is also outrageous.

Don't get me wrong, if someone was handing out lightsabers IRL tomorrow and they said "sorry, they only come in yellow" best believe it'd be my new favorite color. If it works, I'm ecstatic. At any rate, that is a killer setup on the Fallen; I'm envious!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #772 on: March 18, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »

Good ole nostalgia is a pretty solid reason. I can't fault such logic... And as far as simple or foolish goes, I mean I'd bet my original MA love stems from Power Rangers more than anything as the "spark" that got things going. There is little I can't find laughable about that series looking back, but I mean that's being a kid anyway. Not to mention I've watched mountains of anime with probably the craziest characters possible... I mean, if you want a halfway similar comparison to your reference, look up Wolfwood from Trigun... his armament is also outrageous.

Don't get me wrong, if someone was handing out lightsabers IRL tomorrow and they said "sorry, they only come in yellow" best believe it'd be my new favorite color. If it works, I'm ecstatic. At any rate, that is a killer setup on the Fallen; I'm envious!
Nicholas D. Wolfwood is no joke.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #773 on: March 18, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »

Nicholas D. Wolfwood is no joke.

For real though! Possibly my favorite of the entire series, he often outshines the protagonist in my mind/IMO. Totally wild, I could see being a traveling companion of that guy happily.

But anyway, of course I finish reading a book yesterday (like the last 2/3 of it) and I find a completely sick character wielding a Yellow lightsaber. Maximum respect to Padawan Darsha Assant! I literally finished posting here the first time and almost immediately read about her igniting her lightsaber within an hour... the Force playing games indeed.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #774 on: March 18, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »

For real though! Possibly my favorite of the entire series, he often outshines the protagonist in my mind/IMO. Totally wild, I could see being a traveling companion of that guy happily.

But anyway, of course I finish reading a book yesterday (like the last 2/3 of it) and I find a completely sick character wielding a Yellow lightsaber. Maximum respect to Padawan Darsha Assant! I literally finished posting here the first time and almost immediately read about her igniting her lightsaber within an hour... the Force playing games indeed.
I agree.

Which book?

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #775 on: March 18, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »

I agree.

Which book?

SW Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, by Michael Reaves.
A pretty good read, and part of the older books; now I'd suppose it's considered EU Legends possibly because it's got old school synthetic crystals... unless they rewrite/omit that part to keep it canon. Very enjoyable.

Now I've got to find my shots of my yellow blades to makeup for being off topic...

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #776 on: March 18, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »

SW Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, by Michael Reaves.
A pretty good read, and part of the older books; now I'd suppose it's considered EU Legends possibly because it's got old school synthetic crystals... unless they rewrite/omit that part to keep it canon. Very enjoyable.

Now I've got to find my shots of my yellow blades to makeup for being off topic...
Those crystals are my canon. I don't care what nonsense disney spews on that matter.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

cameranerd74
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #777 on: May 02, 2021, 09:32:54 PM »

Here's my Sentinel LE v4 in SY. It's had a few mods in case you couldn't tell. Wink

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #778 on: May 03, 2021, 04:57:44 PM »

Here's my Sentinel LE v4 in SY. It's had a few mods in case you couldn't tell. Wink

Stylish, is that painted? It's classy, and has a pretty unique vibe from some of those customizations.

Actually upon seeing it, it reminded me of a design from another member (who's work I love) http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.1875 about half way down the page. You'll know it when you see it.

cameranerd74
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #779 on: May 03, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »

First of all, that saber is sick. I'm glad you compared me to that saber smith. I appreciate that. The Old Republic logo is a vinyl decal. However, you might notice the switch section of the saber is a slightly different finish than the rest. In order to be sure it wouldn't wear off, I first sanded the metal, then I applied the decal, and then I sealed it with a thin coat of clear. It's part of the metal now. LOL.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: