Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Down
Author Topic: Purple Power!  (Read 232647 times)
MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2021, 07:18:33 AM »

Big Kahuna Burger. Now that is a tasty burger.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »

The Catalyst is going to be a practice/sparring saber.  I like it because it reminds me of shinai.  I don't get into the costuming aspect of things.  I do love my Fallen, but I find it unwieldy for combat.

As a serious user of shinai and knowing tsuba save fingers, I like that kind of upgrade... even if not perfectly in line with canon, it's got an ideological home in EU lore I'd suppose; and certainly a definitive sparring usefulness once the armor meets the blades. And that is a good looking upgrade for sure, which still falls in line with the spirit of the Fallen considering the level of customization in JtFO almost anything fits... Nice.

I purchased an empty The Fallen and installed an RGB Other Guys Soundboard into it.  Really enjoying this blend of purple I programmed to my 3rd channel.

Really good looking, I love it. Almost went with something similar but love the orange most of the time. Close 2nd, and definite win IRL at any rate.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »

Love this

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #723 on: February 19, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »

Say hey, forum folk.
My wife *really* wanted a purple blade, and I did not do quite enough research before purchasing a Bane's Heart.  It ain't cuttin' it for her.  Swapping the led will be well within my technical capabilities.  I do note that the Bane's Heart appears to have a red led and a blue, which blue is very nearly overwhelmed by the red and creates a sort of reddish-pink color.  And the led module has a total of four wires attached.  My question comes in two parts, then.  First, is the Violet Amethyst the closest I can get to true purple?  And second, is that module also a two-led, four-wire set-up?  Cheers!

Just a simple man trying to make his way through the universe.
Bane's Heart Manticore with Renegade emitter and basic sound (Mystery Box)
triCree red Dark Apprentice LE v5 with Obsidian v3 soundboard (Mystery Box)
Pyrestone Dark Sentinel v5 with basic sound (Raffle prize)
Violet Amethyst Initiate LE v5 with basic sound (wife's)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #724 on: February 19, 2021, 10:21:08 PM »

Say hey, forum folk.
My wife *really* wanted a purple blade, and I did not do quite enough research before purchasing a Bane's Heart.  It ain't cuttin' it for her.  Swapping the led will be well within my technical capabilities.  I do note that the Bane's Heart appears to have a red led and a blue, which blue is very nearly overwhelmed by the red and creates a sort of reddish-pink color.  And the led module has a total of four wires attached.  My question comes in two parts, then.  First, is the Violet Amethyst the closest I can get to true purple?  And second, is that module also a two-led, four-wire set-up?  Cheers!

Violet Amethyst is indeed the closest to Purple you can get.   The module will be the same 4-color LED.  Both BH and VA (and BVA as well) are a mix of blue and red.  BH is mostly red with a little blue.  BVA is mostly blue with a little red, giving a very bluish purple color.  VA is (or nearly is) 50/50 blue and red.

You may be able to make your own more purple.  There is likely a resistor on the blue power lead cutting down the power to the blue LED.  Removing that will strengthen the blue light and bring it closer to a true purple.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #725 on: February 19, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »

Violet Amethyst is indeed the closest to Purple you can get.   The module will be the same 4-color LED.  Both BH and VA (and BVA as well) are a mix of blue and red.  BH is mostly red with a little blue.  BVA is mostly blue with a little red, giving a very bluish purple color.  VA is (or nearly is) 50/50 blue and red.

You may be able to make your own more purple.  There is likely a resistor on the blue power lead cutting down the power to the blue LED.  Removing that will strengthen the blue light and bring it closer to a true purple.

Beauty!  Thanks!

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #726 on: March 02, 2021, 11:37:24 PM »

Okay, well.  No resistor to remove.  So I ordered up a new LED module and swapped it out.  And the wife is happy.  Sweet.

The original:

The new:

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #727 on: March 02, 2021, 11:54:37 PM »

Okay, well.  No resistor to remove.  So I ordered up a new LED module and swapped it out.  And the wife is happy.  Sweet.

Quite the dramatic difference. A job well done, and you get to be "the hero" in the end. Well played, and now you're both pleased with your lightsabers. Rather skillfully executed thus a point for that.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2021, 12:37:58 PM »

The original:

The new:

The first picture without the blade actually looks like a saber being ignited

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2021, 01:37:09 PM »

The first picture without the blade actually looks like a saber being ignited

Ha ha, actually, there is a blade there.  But due to the angle of the shot and the darkness of the room and the rumpling of the sheet....  It's a cool effect, definitely!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2021, 11:21:12 PM »

Nice. Yeah I never noticed how red Bane's Heart actually was until after getting one 2 years ago in my Dark Initiate V2 LE saber Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

cameranerd74
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #731 on: May 02, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »

Here's my Manticore in VA. The Aurebesh text around the grip spells out "protect". Also, it has the SIBSv3 pommel.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »

The Manticore in VA is amazing

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #733 on: May 03, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »

Yeah it is pretty sweet, great color scheme including that blade color. And the symbols looked etched in at first glance, but on further review I'm guessing paint? Either way, looks awesome.

cameranerd74
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #734 on: May 03, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »

Thanks for checking it out. The Aurebesh text is actually a vinyl decal. I was worried it might come loose from the oil on my skin but so far... so good.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: