Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘The Avengers 2′ is Titled ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’  (Read 2264 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: July 21, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »

Marvel showcased footage from their upcoming Phase 2 movies Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy at the studio’s 2013 Comic-Con panel. However, it was all buildup to the final reveal: the official title for writer-director Joss Whedon’s sequel to The Avengers, which is… wait for it… The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Whedon took the stage in Hall H at the conclusion of Marvel’s Comic-Con panel, in order to introduce a brief teaser for the second Avengers movie, which is also the final installment in Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The preview included material from the first Avengers film, spliced together with new footage (showing a man approaching an unidentified temple) and the reveal of CGI images that form Ultron’s face – followed by the official logo, which is featured as the header image for this article.

Ultron, for those not familiar, is a Marvel villain who was introduced back in the 1960s. The character – originally identified as Ultron-5, the living automaton – is the creation of Henry Pym (a.k.a. Ant-Man), a robot who developed self-awareness and intelligence, but then formed an intense hatred for its “father” and evolved into a supervillain.

The Avengers – in printed form – have fought multiple upgraded versions of the dangerous robot, over the decades since the character’s inception in the comic books. As far as his general qualities are concerned: Ultron customarily possesses super-human intelligence and data-processing capabilities, among other “powers” that make him a formidable opponent for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Avengers: Age of Ultron, so it seems, will therefore be Hank Pym’s introduction to the MCU, before the character gets his own standalone feature in 2015 with Ant-Man: the first installment in Marvel’s Phase 3. Whedon using the character in his Avengers sequel script would also set the stage for the filmmaker to include Janet van Dyne/Wasp in the film, given her connections to Pym (she previously came close to making the cut in the first Avengers movie).

Similarly, assuming that Ultron’s origins are not significantly changed or altered for Whedon’s film, this means that Avengers: Age of Ultron should be the third Earth-based adventure in Phase 2, after Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. That appears to be the case, given the previously-established importance of the Captain America sequel in the overarching story in Phase 2 (according to the previous reports on that subject) – and thus, the expectation is that Cap’s new adventure will place down the immediate groundwork for an Avengers reunion.

Iron Man 3 releases on DVD and Blu-ray on September 24th, 2013.

Meanwhile, Thor: The Dark World opens in theaters on November 8th, 2013, followed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4th, 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1st, 2014, The Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1st, 2015, Ant-Man on November 6th, 2015, and unannounced films for May 6th, 2016, July 8th, 2016 and May 5th, 2017.

Source: http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-movie-title-age-ultron/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »

SuhWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  Grin

Still waiting on a Black Panther announcement, though. He REALLY needs to be brought in!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »

SuhWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  Grin

Still waiting on a Black Panther announcement, though. He REALLY needs to be brought in!

Well there are 3 unannounced films and it's pretty clear that they want to include Doctor Strange, people have also been clamoring for Black Panther.

I think there is a good chance Black Panther will be a Phase 3 movie.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »

Well there are 3 unannounced films and it's pretty clear that they want to include Doctor Strange, people have also been clamoring for Black Panther.

I think there is a good chance Black Panther will be a Phase 3 movie.

I really hope so. I loved playing as him in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I also loved playing as Doctor Strange, so I'm really glad a movie of him is coming!

Did you see this article?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845

Apparently this is going to be a new origin for Ultron, since Hank Pym won't be involved. I heard a theory that Tony Stark will create him as a "replacement," since he sort of retired at the end of Iron Man 3, and then Ultron will go evil. I actually really like that theory, and if the movie does that I would love it. What do you think, though?

Oh, and I'm really glad that Hawkeye is going to get more attention in this.  Grin

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »

From SR, just a thought provoker.

"The origin of Ultron stemming from the original Avengers roster adds more credence to the idea that Stark may be involved and such a plot would offer the needed motivator to get Stark back into the Iron Man armor after the events of Iron Man 3. As for there being no Hank Pym in the story, it would be odd for Marvel to not take advantage of their highest profile and most successful brand to help launch one of their riskiest in Ant-Man, a film that happens to come out just months after The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Don’t be surprised to meet Ant-Man, whether its Hank Pym or another incarnation of the character, in The Avengers 2.

Fun Fact: In Marvel Comics, Ultron is the creator of Vision, the eventual android Avenger and love interest of Scarlet Witch."

Source: http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-of-ultron-origin-story-ant-man/

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:03:43 PM »

I also feel like people missed in IM3 that Tony never said we was going to stop being IM but rather cut back on his growing obsession with the armor. Mainly, to allow himself to focus more on the important and closer issues; instead of being so worked up you threaten a terrorist and aren't properly prepared.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »

Yeah, I totally missed that haha. I can't wait to see it again! I know most hated it, but to me it's the best movie Marvel's made so far.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: