Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 59   Go Down
Author Topic: The Orange Outcasts...  (Read 284584 times)
Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »

My Bellicose in Pyrestone Orange arrived today!

Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2014, 05:53:26 AM »

Very nice, the bronze button goes with the orange blade really well in the pics.  Point awarded.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2014, 09:12:38 AM »

Those FO blades look like they have UE blades. If they do how they lookin now days?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »

I actually went with mid-grade because I heard that the Oranges show up better on it than the UE.

Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green

Darth Calico
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -51

« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:49 AM »

My Bellicose in Pyrestone Orange arrived today!

Nice saber!

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -59

« Reply #245 on: December 17, 2014, 10:27:22 AM »

GUYS, I need your councils knowledge and advice! I'm hopefully ordering my second saber in February BUT I can't decide if I should go with PO or BR. I really like the PO but I don't really want an orange blade, just a "warmer" red. As Sithy as possible.
I know some of the forum colors are made using resistors on the LEDs, is it the same with PO? In that case, could I ask US to tweak it to as red as possible without being a regular BR?

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »

Would it be rude to suggest AS? and use lees filters?

#justsayin'

Adz

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #247 on: December 17, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »

#justsayin'

Adz

you mean for this thread? Not a problem! just as long as theyre orange!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »

GUYS, I need your councils knowledge and advice! I'm hopefully ordering my second saber in February BUT I can't decide if I should go with PO or BR. I really like the PO but I don't really want an orange blade, just a "warmer" red. As Sithy as possible.
I know some of the forum colors are made using resistors on the LEDs, is it the same with PO? In that case, could I ask US to tweak it to as red as possible without being a regular BR?

#justsayin'

Adz

Sorry!! Should learn to quote more!

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2014, 06:04:44 AM »

oh I guess I should learn to read more... LOL
 Tongue

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »

Sorry!! Should learn to quote more!

Haha, no probs mate!
Yeah I was thinking about that, but sadly the light will be very dim. :/ I'd rather go for BR in that case. But thanks for the tip!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »

Hi Yiggy.  I think you will be pleased with the BR over the PO even though orange rocks.  Especially if getting sound as well.  If you want a warmer red, then a UE blade will give you a more warmer pastel effect than the neon tubing of the regular blade.  You may be able to ask US to tweak the color blend more towards the red.  Don't know off hand if red is a one color or a combo.  Either way, the red you get will be awesome and does change a bit depending upon the charge left in the batteries.  If have Li-ion and buck puck, then no problem.   Filters to alter the color shade won't work on red.  Honestly, red is my favorite less favorite color.  Am finding out that I most prefer a purple or yellow blade.  Have a joyous and safe xmas.  Fa la la la la and support your local reindeer.   Grin

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »

Hi Yiggy.  I think you will be pleased with the BR over the PO even though orange rocks.  Especially if getting sound as well.  If you want a warmer red, then a UE blade will give you a more warmer pastel effect than the neon tubing of the regular blade.  You may be able to ask US to tweak the color blend more towards the red.  Don't know off hand if red is a one color or a combo.  Either way, the red you get will be awesome and does change a bit depending upon the charge left in the batteries.  If have Li-ion and buck puck, then no problem.   Filters to alter the color shade won't work on red.  Honestly, red is my favorite less favorite color.  Am finding out that I most prefer a purple or yellow blade.  Have a joyous and safe xmas.  Fa la la la la and support your local reindeer.   Grin

Hey Dauntless! My friend has got a BR in UE and it does look warmer! Not very fond of the pastel tho. Yeah, I guess I could send US an email. But now I got to think of Emerald, that would be the total optimal way to go... More expensive, of course, but with the 10%-off deal I think it's ok.
Does anyone know if there usually are any deals in February? x)
Also, sorry for not chatting about/posting pics of orange blades... And have a nice xmas! Cheesy

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2014, 02:44:34 AM »

Hey Dauntless! My friend has got a BR in UE and it does look warmer! Not very fond of the pastel tho. Yeah, I guess I could send US an email. But now I got to think of Emerald, that would be the total optimal way to go... More expensive, of course, but with the 10%-off deal I think it's ok.
Does anyone know if there usually are any deals in February? x)
Also, sorry for not chatting about/posting pics of orange blades... And have a nice xmas! Cheesy

I'd suggest looking into the costs of a 2Ch Emerald saber, say R+G which would give you all reds, oranges, yellows and of course green to mix to perfection.  Gives you the emerald but saves a bit vs getting a 4Ch. 

I would bet on some boxing day or new years sales coming up, but I understand that may not be timely with your finances.

I would also say that late January to mid February US MIGHT(?) hold another raffle.  So if it would be important to you to enter, and you have finances in place, you may want to wait for that instead of a % off promotion around the same time.  LOTS of guys have regretted buying during a promotion just before a raffle runs because they loose the chance to participate.  Just some food for thought there.

Sorry all for mentioning this here but it's in support of a fellow member getting an ORANGE bladed lightsaber! Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:23 PM »

Here are my contributions to The Orange Outcasts:  Overlord in Fire Orange, Graflex (Emerald) in Pyrestone Orange, and Archon (Emerald) in orange produced with equal parts Red and Amber.  Unfortunately my camera does not do well at distinguishing the subtle differences between these colors.  If you look at the reflected light, you will see that the Fire Orange is more yellow than the other two.  The Pyrestone Orange (Emerald: Red 255 Green 36) is almost virtually identical to the Red/Amber Orange (Emerald: Red 255 Amber 255).  I am also surprised that the list of Emerald LED Driver Settings doesn't include any settings using the Amber LED channel.

Top to bottom:  Graflex (Pyrestone Orange), Archon (Red/Amber Orange), Overlord (Fire Orange)

Overlord (Fire Orange, in back) and Graflex (Pyrestone Orange, in front)

Overlord (Fire Orange, low saber) and Archon (Red/Amber Orange, high saber)

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers: