Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59   Go Down
Author Topic: The Orange Outcasts...  (Read 282885 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #450 on: May 20, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »

Can we get Fire ad Pyrestone Orange side by side if someone hasn't already done that? My brother's fiance is now finally interested so, and she thought it'd be cool to have an orange blade Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2018, 01:55:13 AM »

It is time that I joined the orange outcasts.  I started with purple/amethyst sabers, got a green one, then another, for my girlfriend, and have started to shift toward some more fiery colors.

Below are my Renegade in Fire orange with red flash and my newly acquired Reaper in Pyrestone orange with silver flash.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2018, 02:09:32 AM »

Oh....that is NICE. VERY NICE INDEED.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:55 AM »

My avatar pic is me with a Tri-Cree fire orange UEMG blade. I didn't know about pyrestone orange. I wish I had. Is that Renegade and Reaper Tri-Cree? Also what grade blades are they? The both look great.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2018, 03:50:25 AM »

Neither are Tri-cree.  The Renegade has standard amber (Fire orange) LEDs on the crossguards.  The main on that is an RGB LED with red and green together to blend a fire orange.  The crossguard blades are midgrade Ultrasabers blades that I trimmed to 4".  The main blade on the Renegade is a dual diffused blade.  I would have gone Pyrestone for the Renegade, but that requires an upgrade to the Diamond driver to get matching cross blades..  I am pretty happy with the premium Obsidian builds without the extra color changing.

The Reaper is an RGBW LED with red and green blended to an orange with more of the Blazing red hue to it.  The picture makes it look brighter instead of deeper than the Renegade.  In normal lighting, the Reaper with Pyrestone orange is more saturated than the fire orange is.  That one has a standard midgrade Ultrasabers blade too, but I sanded the outside of the blade, much like the dual diffused blades from some other saber makers. 

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2018, 04:16:29 AM »

Neither are Tri-cree.  The Renegade has standard amber (Fire orange) LEDs on the crossguards.  The main on that is an RGB LED with red and green together to blend a fire orange.  The crossguard blades are midgrade Ultrasabers blades that I trimmed to 4".  The main blade on the Renegade is a dual diffused blade.  I would have gone Pyrestone for the Renegade, but that requires an upgrade to the Diamond driver to get matching cross blades..  I am pretty happy with the premium Obsidian builds without the extra color changing.

The Reaper is an RGBW LED with red and green blended to an orange with more of the Blazing red hue to it.  The picture makes it look brighter instead of deeper than the Renegade.  In normal lighting, the Reaper with Pyrestone orange is more saturated than the fire orange is.  That one has a standard midgrade Ultrasabers blade too, but I sanded the outside of the blade, much like the dual diffused blades from some other saber makers. 

Hey, thanks for taking the time to give such detailed info. I have some new ideas of what I want now.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #456 on: June 03, 2018, 04:42:00 AM »

No problem..  Keep in mind that flash on clash negates tri-cree LED choices.  A single color like Fire orange will have maximum brightness with tri cree.  For flash on clash, with orange, it will be a red-green blend to make pyrestone, fire orange, or sentinel yellow.

Pyrestone orange has the best saturation for my preference.  In the prior picture, the fire orange looks far more yellow in comparison.  In normal lighting, both look great.  Another thing to try is RGBA LEDs with Emerald or Diamond with amber added to the red-green combo.  I have tried with my Emerald saber, but always go back to purples with that one.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2018, 04:50:52 AM »

No problem..  Keep in mind that flash on clash negates tri-cree LED choices.  A single color like Fire orange will have maximum brightness with tri cree.  For flash on clash, with orange, it will be a red-green blend to make pyrestone, fire orange, or sentinel yellow.

Pyrestone orange has the best saturation for my preference.  In the prior picture, the fire orange looks far more yellow in comparison.  In normal lighting, both look great.  Another thing to try is RGBA LEDs with Emerald or Diamond with amber added to the red-green combo.  I have tried with my Emerald saber, but always go back to purples with that one.

See, I have a Tri-Cree Fire orange because brightness is way more important to me then flash on clash. I simply cannot afford or justify the price of the Emerald or Diamond setups. They sound awesome but I've configured a few sabers on the site and at $100 more I just cant do it. And yeah I wish I had known my fire orange saber was going to look yellow. I'll get it right next time.

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »

Doing a forum-only color like Pyrestone will have 2 LEDs glowing.  I do wonder if they can configure a custom with RGBA with red, amber, and a bit of green for maximum brightness.

There is info elsewhere in the forums too.  There is a $5 requisition charge and order comment notes that need to be made to request Pyrestone on a standard saber.  Overall, Pyrestone and Violet amethyst are my favorite color combos, both being RGB combinations.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

Doing a forum-only color like Pyrestone will have 2 LEDs glowing.  I do wonder if they can configure a custom with RGBA with red, amber, and a bit of green for maximum brightness.

There is info elsewhere in the forums too.  There is a $5 requisition charge and order comment notes that need to be made to request Pyrestone on a standard saber.  Overall, Pyrestone and Violet amethyst are my favorite color combos, both being RGB combinations.

Yeah, I don't even understand how I don't have a Violet Amethyst saber yet. It's an absolute necessity. Good call.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »

Yeah Pyrestone Orange does in fact look mean, might have to be my next blade color. I'm pure Sith though so Tongue Can always get another saber of some kind in Pyrestone Orange though. I like the hint of red the color gives off

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2018, 11:17:46 PM »

It is time that I joined the orange outcasts.  I started with purple/amethyst sabers, got a green one, then another, for my girlfriend, and have started to shift toward some more fiery colors.

Below are my Renegade in Fire orange with red flash and my newly acquired Reaper in Pyrestone orange with silver flash.

Two absolutely beautiful sabers there. I would love a PO saber sometime, but for now I will stick with my FO one.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #462 on: June 04, 2018, 02:08:15 AM »

My Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange..

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »

Two absolutely beautiful sabers there. I would love a PO saber sometime, but for now I will stick with my FO one.

Thank you for the compliment.

I am glad to have been able to show the PO and FO next to each other.

The Pyrestone is definitely the more intense of the two.

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2018, 02:46:15 AM »

Those two fire orange/pyrestone orange sabers + 1 vented coupler = 1 big orange greatsaber!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: