Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Archon Review  (Read 3810 times)
darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

dark side points please!

« on: June 11, 2011, 04:11:19 AM »

Hello all and welcome to my first review.  It is of the archon.  For those of you who are new to ultra sabers, it is a pvc hilt.  My brother got it for me out of a grab bag.  It is made in guardian blue and I have an ultraedge heavy grade blade. 

Hilt  The hilt is shorter than most ultra sabers.  It is around 9 1/2 inches.  It runs off of four AAAs.  It has a very nice weight to it with the blade or with out.  Its very comfortable as either a two handed or one handed saber.  The thinner diameter section between the emitter and the power section is a great choke point for the saber.  The emitter its self is absolutely beautiful!! I just love the way it looks.  I only have two complaints.  One is that the retention screw sticks out quite a bit and gets a little annoying.  But that is a minor compliant.  The only other compliant I have is that the pommel is very hard to remove.  Unlike the metal hilts that have pommels that screw on and off, this pommel is just like a plug.  I have to use a knife to get it out and I don't like doing that because it scratches the pommel.  But this is overall a great hilt.

Blade and color  As stated earlier i have the ultraedge heavy grade blade.  Now this is my first saber so i was unsure of how heavy the blade would actually be and if it would effect it when I spin the saber.  I was also worried if it would effect the brightness of the saber.  All my worries were gone when I got the blade and put it my hilt.  Now I do not have another blade to compare it to but I am defiantly happy with how bright it is.  This thing so freaking bright!! We ordered the grab bag without the blade because some colors look better with different blades.  So when I saw that I had blue I new that I wanted an Ultraedge blade.  So over that one week period without any blade I basically used the hilt as like a flash light.  So when I got the blade a week later and saw how bright it was, I was amazed! But the batteries were already running low due to the fact I turned it on so many times before I even had the blade so when I replaced the batteries I was just blown away at how bright it is!  The color is very even through out the blade.  The ultraedge blade gives it a very nice shade of blue.  Its just the shade of blue I would want in an Ultra saber.  As for the weight and the spins, the blade is defiantly heavier than the hilt but not by much.  But because of that it seems to make my spins very fast.  I was pleasantly surprised to see this.

Customization  I don't have any pics as of rite now but I'll try and get those up asap.  I customized my hilt.  All I did was spray paint the areas with thicker diameter silver and put clear coat on it and the areas with the thinner diameter such as the choke point are black with clear coat as well.  I really like the look of it.  I think it looks like something you could see in a Star Wars movie.  Also the black and silver contrast well with the guardian blue.  I really like the look of it.

Closing statements  I love this saber and I will order from ultra sabers again for sure.  The color is bright and the hilt is very nice.  As for the grab bags, I would recommend doing those if you haven't already because who knows, you could score with something really nice.  If you don't however, and get something kind of plain like I did, you can always customize it and give a whole new look. (Just a little spray paint and clear coat can work wonders  Wink .) I will try and post pics soon and I will hopefully get another saber soon.  Thanks for reading my review and I hope it helped.     

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »

ur welcome brother!! hahahaha..yea dude im impressed with the paint job.. i got the brother saber to go along with my brother!

and nice review!

through fear, there is pain,
through pain, there is strength,
through strength, there is control,
through control, there is power,
through power we bring the masses..-Darth Dracus

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

dark side points please!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »

That was just the will of the force haha

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »

The force is strong with us Cheesy hahahahaha

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

dark side points please!

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »

perhaps our sister is strong with the force as well haha

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA maybe she's ready for the trials Cheesy

DarthRavik
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Sabers: Prophecy Consular Green

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »

will you have pics?

I have only the Dark Side, It is my companion, my passion and my power, it is my life.

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

he doesn't have a camera i do i will help him with it...dont worry just give me some time..or maybe our sister has one...
pictures will be posted soon...

DarthRavik
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Sabers: Prophecy Consular Green

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »

sorry mustve missed that part in your review

I have only the Dark Side, It is my companion, my passion and my power, it is my life.

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »

naw dude its fine hahaha no need for sorry's

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print