Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Favourite Doctors, TARDIS, companions, and arcs.  (Read 26919 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »

Neat thing, he's already been in Torchwood and Doctor Who... as Caecilius in "Fires of Pompeii" and John Frobisher in "Children of the Earth: 1-5"

Though IMDB currently lists him as playing Cardinal Richelieu in a TV series called "The Musketeers" for 2014 that's in Pre-Production... not sure whats going to happen to that project.

I do love the fact he's another Scot as well, maybe instead of putting on the England accent he can stick with the natural Scottish baroque?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:21 AM »

Yes! Other Whovians!!!

Well, my all time FAVORITE episode (well, two parter) is Human Nature/The Family of Blood.
They. Were. Incredible. And heartbreaking... EXTREMELY well written... So sad...  Cry absolutely LOVED that they had Joan Redferns great-granddaughter in The End of Time (Part II) When Tennant was saying his goodbyes... Unfortunately, I haven't seem much from '63-'87. Or the '96 Movie, but my favorite Classic series episode is
The Caves of Androzani.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 03:56:29 AM »

Yes! Other Whovians!!!

Well, my all time FAVORITE episode (well, two parter) is Human Nature/The Family of Blood.
They. Were. Incredible. And heartbreaking... EXTREMELY well written... So sad...  Cry absolutely LOVED that they had Joan Redferns great-granddaughter in The End of Time (Part II) When Tennant was saying his goodbyes... Unfortunately, I haven't seem much from '63-'87. Or the '96 Movie, but my favorite Classic series episode is
The Caves of Androzani.

63-89 Tongue

The Caves of Androzani, the Fifth Doctor's swansong.  I liked that one as well, have it on DVD!  Like the way they did the regeneration sequence in it.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 04:29:33 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCpY_3Sac8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCpY_3Sac8</a>

Light side points please Smiley

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 05:12:54 AM »

I make it a habit to get a Doctor's first and last episodes.  I have all of the new series except for the second half of series 7.  I have every regeneration episode except for the Tenth Planet (First Doctor/Second Doctor) it's suppose to come out soon if it hasn't already.  It was missing the final episode (part 4) but it has been animated with the original TV soundtrack played over it.  I have "The War Games"/"Spearhead From Space" (Second/Third), "Planet of the Spiders" (Third/Fourth), "Logopolis" (Fourth/Fifth), "The Caves of Androzani" (Fifth/Sixth), "Time and the Rani" (Sixth/Seventh), and the TV Movie (Seventh/Eighth).

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 05:39:54 AM »

This could be my favorite YouTube video ever!  I love this guy's Doctor Who videos!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPuZe4gcXY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPuZe4gcXY</a>

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 04:32:59 AM »

I'll just leave this here...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 05:01:45 AM »

New viewer here with basically only 2 Doctors under his belt, so keep that in mind.

A lot of folks bash Nine, but I say he had his own flavor which was unique and wonderful in its own right.  He had the misfortune to cover the very first season of a newly restarted show, which is gonna have its bumps and learning experiences along the way.  The writing is much better into Ten, and Tennant's performance is... in his own words, BRILLIANT!  I've only seen two episodes with Matt Smith, and I loved them both but I'm waiting to see more to make a judgment call.

One of my favorite episodes (maybe my absolute favorite so far) is Blink.  Terrifying, clever, and a fresh change of pace with how little the Doctor actually appears.  It brings the show back to the everyman, and introduces an epic new enemy - the Weeping Angels!  I can't wait to see what else Moffet has up his sleeve...

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »

Christopher Eccleston was great as the 9th doctor IMO.  He brought a lot to the table.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »

New viewer here with basically only 2 Doctors under his belt, so keep that in mind.

A lot of folks bash Nine, but I say he had his own flavor which was unique and wonderful in its own right.  He had the misfortune to cover the very first season of a newly restarted show, which is gonna have its bumps and learning experiences along the way.  The writing is much better into Ten, and Tennant's performance is... in his own words, BRILLIANT!  I've only seen two episodes with Matt Smith, and I loved them both but I'm waiting to see more to make a judgment call.

One of my favorite episodes (maybe my absolute favorite so far) is Blink.  Terrifying, clever, and a fresh change of pace with how little the Doctor actually appears.  It brings the show back to the everyman, and introduces an epic new enemy - the Weeping Angels!  I can't wait to see what else Moffet has up his sleeve...

Glad you are enjoying the show!  I'm a fan of all the Doctors from the new series and most of them from the classic series as well.  Matt Smith has some great episodes you can look forward to (including more Weeping Angels!)  Bink was a great episode and Moffet also wrote the episodes in the big library that introduced River Song!  I love Who, old Who and new Who!

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »

Christopher Eccleston was great as the 9th doctor IMO.  He brought a lot to the table.

Smiley

Indeed he did! Going back and watching classic Who after new Who, it's pretty obvious that 9 took a lot from 4. It's uncanny to watch them back to back.

I can honestly say that there have only been two incarnations of the Doctor that I really didn't like....

Colin Baker and Matt Smith

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »

Indeed he did! Going back and watching classic Who after new Who, it's pretty obvious that 9 took a lot from 4. It's uncanny to watch them back to back.

I can honestly say that there have only been two incarnations of the Doctor that I really didn't like....

Colin Baker and Matt Smith

You don't like Smith? Why? What's wrong with him?

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 04:27:01 PM »

After 9 and 10, he just seemed...too out there for me. He always strikes me as more foppish than the Doctor usually seems. I love some of his episodes, story-wise and Amy-wise, but I don't like Matt Smith. Nearly every episode I watch with him, I say at least once, "I can't wait for 12 so that we can get rid of 11."

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »

After 9 and 10, he just seemed...too out there for me. He always strikes me as more foppish than the Doctor usually seems. I love some of his episodes, story-wise and Amy-wise, but I don't like Matt Smith. Nearly every episode I watch with him, I say at least once, "I can't wait for 12 so that we can get rid of 11."

Well, the Doctor has always been more of a show-off, it's just a lot more... Noticeable in Matt's Doctor. Don't you remember when he regenerates the Doctor has a nearly complete personality overhaul?

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »

Oh yes, I do remember that. I'm just not taken with 11. He just doesn't strike me as...right. He seems very unlike the Doctor a lot of the time.

I see past companions and acquaintances recognize the Doctor because he's always somewhat similar and familiar.... I can't picture that happening too well with 11 because he is SO drastically different.

Like I said, I still enjoy some of his episodes, but I'll be glad when he's gone and we can get back to "real Doctor".

He reminds me so much of Colin Baker, and I couldn't stand Baker either.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: