Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Super Nintendo Super Thread!  (Read 6225 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 09:30:17 PM »

YEAH?!

WELL...

YOUR FACE IS UGLY.

Grin

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 12:10:17 AM »

Oh god. I went to that store today near my house.

And they have a copy. Of. Chrono Trigger.

For $80.00 NRFB.

MONEY. WHY DO YOU EVADE ME!?

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »

lol

Best SNES games ...

Street Fighter II Turbo
Star Fox
Super Mario Bros
F Zero
Super Metroid
Desert Strike
Royal Rumble

I had over 100 games at one point

God I need to find an emulator

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

Sooo.... super star wars didn't have a save feature, apparently. I am sensing that the early gamers were of a very hard core breed. So the training begins. *que Rocky Montage* Cool

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »

Desert Strike

Oh god, such memories!  I had Desert, Jungle and Urban Strike for the Sega Genesis.  I remember crashing into the Frigate on Desert Strike, and crashing into the Whit House on Jungle Strike.  I was not a good pilot.   Grin

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »

Most of the TMNT games on the NES and SNES are amazing.  Avoid the first one like the plague, but the second, third and fourth ones are three of my favorite games!

Here's a funny video of the first game! Grin

http://www.dorkly.com/video/25541/dorkly-bits-nes-ninja-turtles-theme-song

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »

My source of power has arrived!  Grin

Well, mines the US version, but still. WOOT!

I am not a color...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »

Sooo.... super star wars didn't have a save feature, apparently. I am sensing that the early gamers were of a very hard core breed. So the training begins. *que Rocky Montage* Cool

This is true.  We had to be hard core back then.  In my day Cheesy we were lucky if a game gave you a password.  I can honestly say the old NES and SNES games were a lot harder than today's games.  Die in an NES game, your dead.  Die in a PS3 game, respawn at your last autosaved location.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »

Yeah.... I think this SNES stuff is gonna up my gaming for sure. lol

Back to Ranma, it is AWESOME! I'm really enjoying it, but I have to admit it's kicking my arse so far. I never really played fighting games... except Smash Bros... at all.... ever. lol I have the feeling it's gonna take me a couple days to get past Shampoo. Undecided

I am not a color...

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »

Yeah.... I think this SNES stuff is gonna up my gaming for sure. lol

Back to Ranma, it is AWESOME! I'm really enjoying it, but I have to admit it's kicking my arse so far. I never really played fighting games... except Smash Bros... at all.... ever. lol I have the feeling it's gonna take me a couple days to get past Shampoo. Undecided
I never really played fighting games... except Smash Bros... at all.... ever. lol I have the feeling it's gonna take me a couple days to get past Shampoo. Undecided
I have the feeling it's gonna take me a couple days to get past Shampoo. Undecided
...it's gonna take me a couple days to get past Shampoo. Undecided

Wow, Hippie statement or what? Tongue

Seriously though, I'm glad you got your hands on it!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »

The Angry Video Game Nerd on Castlevania:

"The hardest part in the entire game besides Dracula is the hall right before the Grim Reaper. You have Medusa heads coming at you from both directions, and two knights throwing axes at two different altitudes! I mean, look at the pattern going on here! Anything that hits you drains a quarter of your health, so that means four hits and you're dead! Oh, but the knights? The knights take nine hits. NINE *bleeping* hits! You can't even concentrate on attacking them because you're too busy dodging Medusas. But you can't dodge the Medusas because you're too busy dodging the axes. But you can't dodge the axes because you're trying to hit the knight. But you can't hit the knight because the game's driving you *bleeping* crazy! It's like a test! It's a test to the *bleep*."

^And that sums up the insanity that is old NES and SNES games Cheesy

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »

The Angry Video Game Nerd on Castlevania:

"The hardest part in the entire game besides Dracula is the hall right before the Grim Reaper. You have Medusa heads coming at you from both directions, and two knights throwing axes at two different altitudes! I mean, look at the pattern going on here! Anything that hits you drains a quarter of your health, so that means four hits and you're dead! Oh, but the knights? The knights take nine hits. NINE *bleeping* hits! You can't even concentrate on attacking them because you're too busy dodging Medusas. But you can't dodge the Medusas because you're too busy dodging the axes. But you can't dodge the axes because you're trying to hit the knight. But you can't hit the knight because the game's driving you *bleeping* crazy! It's like a test! It's a test to the *bleep*."

^And that sums up the insanity that is old NES and SNES games Cheesy

Ahh, the good old days.  Grin

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 07:16:12 AM »

I remember playing the newer retro styled 8-bit looking Mega Man 9 and 10 and thinking that they were even harder than the old NES Mega Man games (which were known well for their difficulty).

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »

ok so here goes some of my favorite titles in SNES.

super metroid, secret of mana, secret of evermore, super mario world/RPG/lost levels, yoshi's island, NBA jam, Final fantasy 2&3 (4&5 in japan, long story), goof troop, tetris, Mega man (all of them for SNES lol too lazy to type), Hook, Ninja turtles titles, the adventures of toe jam & earl, most of the disney titles, ren and stempy, super paper boy, skate or die titles, street fighter titles, kirby's adventure titles (all) ... sry, im feeling to lazy to type more, lol, like i had over 120+ games, im sure i did, lol....   lets not get into the NES... so many boxes in my closet hold forgotten treasures....

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 04:25:27 AM »

ok so here goes some of my favorite titles in SNES.

super metroid, secret of mana, secret of evermore, super mario world/RPG/lost levels, yoshi's island, NBA jam, Final fantasy 2&3 (4&5 in japan, long story), goof troop, tetris, Mega man (all of them for SNES lol too lazy to type), Hook, Ninja turtles titles, the adventures of toe jam & earl, most of the disney titles, ren and stempy, super paper boy, skate or die titles, street fighter titles, kirby's adventure titles (all) ... sry, im feeling to lazy to type more, lol, like i had over 120+ games, im sure i did, lol....   lets not get into the NES... so many boxes in my closet hold forgotten treasures....

I'm pretty sure Toe Jam and Earl was only on the Genesis.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: