Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hope For A Luke V2 Style Saber In The Future???  (Read 4078 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: June 12, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »

First before I say anything, I do not expect anything like this any time soon Wink, I am more than satiated for now  Grin.  It's just that with the release of the Counselor, it seems that some of the Unicorns that I thought Ultrasabers would never touch, seem very much in reach!!!  Grin 

With this in mind, I can't help but ask, what do you think the chances of Utlrasabers ever attempting an emulated Luke V2 Style Saber in the Future would be Ultra?  I would Personally LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, but if it can't be done, I completely understand  Wink.

I had begun work on my Luke V2 Project, about a month ago, and it got off to a better start than I ever thought possible (or so I thought  Undecided............)  I purchased this EMPTY HILT from a guy off Ebay:

and for only $120.00!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought what a lucky deal  Wink!!!!!!!!!  problem was, I payed him, but the empty hilt never arrived............  the hole thing was a scam  Cry  (if any of you ever see a guy named "Canadian Jedi" on ebay, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Undecided)

Anyway, I got my money back, but I was really looking forward to getting that Luke V2 and working on it................... and with the release of the Qui-Gon like saber (that I thought Ultra would never touch), I guess I just wondered if maybe....... just maybe................ this Unicorn for so many, might not be fully out of reach for Ultra  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So What Do You Think The Chances Could Be Ultra?  Could This Dream Saber, Come To Live In The Ultrasabers Armory For All Time?!?!?!?

(I would like to add that, I would only be interested in the "thin neck" version (as seen in the pic), as I sold my MR version when I was preparing to work on this project)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ultimatebob
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

my ULTIMATENESS blinds you.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »

I don't really see a difference between this saber and the force fx conversion luke saber except for the fact that this one looks old and banged up. Not that it looks bad, It's awesome.

Dominix V2 LE -consular green
Aeon -blazing red

ultimatebob
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »

Oh wait never mind... I see the differences now.

Aeon -blazing red

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »

The picture is Madcow's V2, which truly has inspired ALL v2's since (mine included). Because of copyrights, Ultra cannot reproduce exact replica sabers. If you want a custom saber like that, other avenues need to be explored.

Sorry the auction was a scam. Good luck.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »

yikes i was hours away from buying that when ultrasabers went back up!

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »

For a V2 (if it were mass produced) I would think it too difficult to weather/paint every single saber being sold. (although I love the idea of the weathering being anodized instead of powdercoated, as ultra seems to anodize just about everything these days).

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »

i kind of agree that weathering on a mass scale would likely be unprofitable. i think maybe a Luke Hero would be plausible for a production model (even saberforge has one up) and perhaps offer it without the brass touches and a graflex clamp instead of a control box similar to the way they have different options for the raven. then you could always weather it yourself, or once the CSO division is running im sure they can offer weathering as an option. i personally would love to see a good Luke mass product. i've been thinking on trying to find an empty luke and doing an install myself, just haven't found the right one up when i have funds available.

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

ultimatebob
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »

You could just make the price higher than normal sabers. Make the price be worth painting the weathered look. For instance All that time consuming stuff on one saber would make it worth like 250 dollars. That would make it profitable.

Aeon -blazing red

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:05:14 AM »

The picture is Madcow's V2, which truly has inspired ALL v2's since (mine included). Because of copyrights, Ultra cannot reproduce exact replica sabers. If you want a custom saber like that, other avenues need to be explored.

Sorry the auction was a scam. Good luck.

Yeah, it sucked  Cry but thanks for the info and good wishes  Smiley

As it stands right now, my plans (and this will be many months in the future) are to go to (in an effort not to get people over there instead of here, I'll just use one letter, and hope most of you will know what I'm talking about  Wink ) P's Sabers, and but one of there Graflex Hilts.  I will then turn that hilt over to a saber smith who knows what they are doing (the guy I know and trust is getting out of the business  Cry  ) so I'm going to have to go find another one.  I'll try to get him/or her to replicate the process of that second V2 you see, as closely as possible.  The whole project will be very expensive, but thems the brakes I guess  Undecided............

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »

The whole project will be very expensive, but thems the brakes I guess  Undecided............

Yeah, no kidding!! I'm building mine myself and it's STILL gonna be around 400 to 500 dollars!!  Tongue

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

ultimatebob
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »

Yeah, it sucked  Cry but thanks for the info and good wishes  Smiley

As it stands right now, my plans (and this will be many months in the future) are to go to (in an effort not to get people over there instead of here, I'll just use one letter, and hope most of you will know what I'm talking about  Wink ) P's Sabers, and but one of there Graflex Hilts.  I will then turn that hilt over to a saber smith who knows what they are doing (the guy I know and trust is getting out of the business  Cry  ) so I'm going to have to go find another one.  I'll try to get him/or her to replicate the process of that second V2 you see, as closely as possible.  The whole project will be very expensive, but thems the brakes I guess  Undecided............
p's sabers as in parks sabers?

Aeon -blazing red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 06:02:09 AM »

I think US could make something close to this. Maybe just a special V2 edition of the Arbiter?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 06:07:29 AM »

Yeah, no kidding!! I'm building mine myself and it's STILL gonna be around 400 to 500 dollars!!  Tongue

Yeah, I hear that, I'm going for a record with my Qui-Gon  Undecided................ it's above 600 right now  Lips sealed somebody get me a bag so I can bar............... throw my money in it lol  Wink

@and to Lord Raze:  I would Love to see that, I guess it's up to them, I'll just have to wait to see................

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if there's one thing this hobby has taught me........... it's Patience  Wink

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »

So... noticed that Ultra is no longer selling the hasbro Luke saber... no chance it's cuz they're coming out with there own is it? or would that be getting my hopes up too much?

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:11 AM »

So... noticed that Ultra is no longer selling the hasbro Luke saber... no chance it's cuz they're coming out with there own is it? or would that be getting my hopes up too much?

Most likely it's just cause they sold them all.

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: