Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Just got my first motorcycle!  (Read 9944 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »

One of these days I'll massage the budget and the wife enough to have another bike... well, at least a trike.  Have to keep the wife happy and she's not a huge fan of the 2 wheeled ones.  Hope to own a Can-Am Spyder some day sooner rather than later.

Sadly that day gets pushed farther and farther back all the time.  Lost my job, starting school again next month at the age of 38, hopefully will find another job soon, but so far it hasn't been too positive.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

AlthaxX
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 65

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »

One of these days I'll massage the budget and the wife enough to have another bike... well, at least a trike.  Have to keep the wife happy and she's not a huge fan of the 2 wheeled ones.  Hope to own a Can-Am Spyder some day sooner rather than later.

Sadly that day gets pushed farther and farther back all the time.  Lost my job, starting school again next month at the age of 38, hopefully will find another job soon, but so far it hasn't been too positive.

Im sure everything will work out. my philosophy in life is "If something doesn't work out, try to make it better, if that doesn't work out, try something else, never give up!"

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:06 PM »

I just got my first bike. It's a 1978 Suzuki dirt bike with a 185 cci engine it has a kick start and my brothers can't touch it because they don't know how to ride. Smiley Smiley I need to get it licensed still but it's my first bike and I'm tickled.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »

This is not a sport bike, so you probably won't want to wear stormtrooper armor sport bike protection, but some kind of protective gear is highly adviced.

But why not? it looks so cool? lol http://udreplicas.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=61

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

If sport bike gear was indeed looking like stormtrooper armor, it would be way cooler. Without those parroty colors, and with a more bad-ass style.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

kcamcmahon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -19

I can Feel Your Anger.

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 03:34:04 AM »

I thought someone might like this pic as much as I do.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

kcamcmahon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -19

I can Feel Your Anger.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 03:41:59 AM »

I've been away from the forums for a bit recently, I've been training for a big rock climbing trip and organizing my self for returning to school soon after being in the work force for 4 years. In that time me and my wife decided to start riding, one because it would be fun, two because it will save us a good deal of money for our daily commutes. We are doing our Motorcycle safety course next week and then we will be able to get our licence in 30 days. We didn't want to buy new where we are just starting out so we kept am eye on Kijiji and other classified ad sites. We managed to get a great deal on a bike for under $2000.

Here it is:
2008 Honda Rebel 250.

The Cmx 250 Is a great starter bike. It is very good on gas mileage and is easy to handle. Once you feel comfortable with riding it you can always sell it and get something else. Most people that buy there first bike make the mistake of getting something too fast that they cant handle. Iv seen it too many times, never ridden a bike and they buy a cbr 1000 or something and end up bringing it back in pieces. However the Rebel 250 is not an American bike it is made in Japan.

I consider it a god deal because it is a less than 7 year old bike with less than 4000 miles(its an american bike so the gauges read in miles not km) on it. immaculate condition, never dropped and it runs as if it was brand new!

We plan on getting a second bike as soon as the right deal comes up.

Im very excited for this next chapter!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

JustEd
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »

Very nice! The Rebel is a great starter bike(or one to stick with)! I started on the same model and it is a great to learn on. Plus, you get fantastic MPG! I have since moved up to a Suzuki Intruder 800 and I love it! More power and it fits me just right. I'm on the short side so I have a hard time finding bikes that I can sit on without my legs flying out like a puppet. Prob going to move up soon thought to a 1100-1200cc. One thing I didn't like about the Rebel is the chain drive. To me it was a complete hassle. Will never get another chain drive bike again.

As many people will tell you, it ain't what you ride, it's that you ride that counts...

Congrats on getting into the wind!

Very true! Just that you ride is all that matters! Be safe and shiny side down!

There is passion, Yet peace
Serenity, Yet emotion
Chaos, Yet order
I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance
I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance
I am a guardian of balance
I am a Gray Jedi

Jarren Vrekk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 05:19:20 AM »

Good choice for a first bike, a good investment would be a crash bar. As they say, there are only two types of bikers, those that have fallen, and those that are going to fall. A crash bar will save the expensive shines stuff, and prevent you from busting your foot. Honda makes a solid bike though, I've owned 2 Hondas, a 1979 CB750 and a 2009 shadow spirit. Most of my buddies ride shadows, and the rebel is similar to a shadow spirit in how it sits. If you're looking for something a little bigger for a second bike that's still small and handles easily, Royal Enfield makes a cool bike. I picked one up this weekend and it's a blast to ride, and you get a lot of people checking it out since it looks like such an old bike. Anyways, enjoy the bike, keep the rubber down.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 04:59:36 AM »

I just got my first bike. It's a 1978 Suzuki dirt bike with a 185 cci engine it has a kick start and my brothers can't touch it because they don't know how to ride. Smiley Smiley I need to get it licensed still but it's my first bike and I'm tickled.
Figured this was the place to put it but. I just got my motorcycle permit now I just nerd to get my bike running after winter, get it licensed and insured. Cheesy

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: