Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose Video and Pic Review  (Read 8685 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« on: August 09, 2013, 05:29:54 AM »

Hi Saberforum!

This is my review for my Bellicose in VA w/ silver FoC and blue a/v switch. Other options I chose (from top to bottom) were a silver blade holder, bronze accent button, silver covertec wheel, and a short groove pommel.

The saber is very sleek and has some greatly detailed machining throughout. I'm surprised this is a lower priced hilt...but I'm definitely not complaining. I commend US for their attention to detail. I will say it is a little cumbersome taking the blade in and out with the way the blade holder is designed, but I can live with it.

The VA blade color in the UEMG blade is stunning. It's such a deep, rich purple color and I couldn't be happier with it. I also went with silver FoC (this is my first saber with it) and I absolutely love it. I can't imagine not having it on my future sabers now and am even considering sending my Archon back in for the addition. The balance of the saber with the MG blade falls perfectly above the accent button and slightly above the shroud tip with a HG blade.

My video review is linked below and I also included some pics in this review for a better look at the beuty of the Bellicose. I hope you enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27qB_Z9EMs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27qB_Z9EMs</a>

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »

Hmm. Ultra Sabers must've changed the design for the Bellicose then. I have the socket head screw for the shroud and my blade holder don't come out as much as yours does. Is it now more sturdier? I might get me a newer one then. Nice Bellicose by the way. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

spidie2000
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »

You have really just moved the Bellicose up on my list, those are some great photos.

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »

Great review! I like the retention screw they're now using. Reminds me of the ones on the Guardian near the emitter. Nice to see a Bellicose without all the battle damage mine has picked up over the year. (Slight hilt scuffing from dropping it) Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »

Nice review, I have an AB Bellicose myself and I have to admit it is an amazing hilt! 

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »

Thanks everyone! I couldn't be happier with it. I like the button screw for the blade holder as opposed to the socket thumb screw. The blade feels very sturdy in the hilt when everything is screwed down all the way, which is great. I thought I had seen somebody's (maybe you eerockk) that was able to remove the shroud, but this one is definitely a machined part of the hilt.

MikeOretta
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:55:52 AM »

Great review! I like the retention screw they're now using. Reminds me of the ones on the Guardian near the emitter. Nice to see a Bellicose without all the battle damage mine has picked up over the year. (Slight hilt scuffing from dropping it) Grin

For the retention screw do you know if anyone has tried to use this instead?
tcss /Graflex-Red-Button-Replica-Thumbscrew-P68.aspx

Then for the Bronze Button replace that with...
tcss /Graflex-Glass-Eye-Replica-Thumbscrew-P131.aspx

And if anyone wants to drill a hole towards the top of the emitter they can add....
tcss /Bunny-Ears-P800.aspx

I am going to have to get a Bellicose so I can try these additions out!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:58:55 AM by MikeOretta » Logged

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 04:00:30 AM »

Thanks everyone! I couldn't be happier with it. I like the button screw for the blade holder as opposed to the socket thumb screw. The blade feels very sturdy in the hilt when everything is screwed down all the way, which is great. I thought I had seen somebody's (maybe you eerockk) that was able to remove the shroud, but this one is definitely a machined part of the hilt.

It's actually my TCSS emitter which I got simply because it looked like the Bellicose's... sort of. The Bellicose's emitter is indeed par of the hilt and is a permanent resident.

Almost-Bellicose emitter on my Archon

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »

I am going to have to get a Bellicose so I can try these additions out!

I haven't seen anyone try those yet. I think the Graflex red button and glass eye might be too big to use on the Bellicose without modification. The button screw and blade holder retention screw seem to be the same size, and the socket head I use to remove the retention screw is 3/32. The only way I would see the bunny ears not working is if the rounding angle of the Bellicose emitter is different than that of the bunny ears.

It's actually my TCSS emitter which I got simply because it looked like the Bellicose's... sort of. The Bellicose's emitter is indeed par of the hilt and is a permanent resident.

That makes since now. Thanks for clearing that up! It looks almost identical even next to the Bellicose in the pic.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »

I hate to double post, but I got some new parts in for my Bellicose to make it into a "sith edition" and wanted to show it off. It has a PO MLS unit and the Raven SS pommel. I like to call my original configuration with the VA MLS and short groove pommel my "dark jedi edition" so it's almost like the transformation of the dark jedi to the sith warrior  Grin

Here are a few pics of it and then I made another short video as well:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1RbK_EVw4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1RbK_EVw4</a>

Tobalation
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

AWESOME video!!  Cool

I cant choose between the Bellicose or the Guardian :-(

Sabers I own                             Sabers I want
Raven RGB Obsidian                   Azure Mantis Emerald
Consular SRD Obsidian               Chosen One CE Red       
Belliocse VA Obsidian
Guardian Emerald
Graflex CE Arctic Blue Obsidian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »

Nice. Looks awesome. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »

Tongue 

Very awesome reviews. Point!  Smiley

Sabers I own: Shock LE/Sentinel yellow
                      Monarch (nickle)/Bane's Heart/Blazing Red
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst (Raffle prize)
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst   < ^ = Staff
                      Catalyst (Emerald)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 03:08:50 AM »

How does Pyrestone Orange look in person? Like a red-orange or something? Looks like it in the pictures especially the full blade one. That's the best shot.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 03:30:26 AM »

Also how does Pyrestone Orange last on a stunt set up? And which would be the best other special color to order it with? SRD maybe?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: