Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Set Photos & Nova Prime  (Read 2928 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: August 12, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

With filming already underway on Guardians of the Galaxy and two members of the voice cast – for Groot and Rocket Raccoon – still unannounced, many Marvel fans are poised and waiting to hear which actors will be behind these well-loved characters. Though neither were named at D23 last week, there is a fair bit of evidence to suggest that Vin Diesel, who has been in talks with Marvel recently, has been handed the role of Groot.

In lieu of official word on this, however, some more unofficial glimpses behind the scenes of Guardians of the Galaxy have emerged, giving an early look at some of the make-up and costume designs for director James Gunn’s space opera, including the reveal of a fairly major character.

Screen Rant was lucky enough to catch some preview footage of Guardians of the Galaxy at Comic-Con this year, but Gunn’s debut in the Marvel movie universe is still filming in London, and a host of new set photos have just appeared online, courtesy of CBM. Shot mainly on Millennium Bridge, the photos show a diverse group of civilians and Nova Corps officers fleeing from an unknown terror behind them.

CLICK BELOW TO VIEW SET PHOTOS

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/guardians-of-the-galaxy/guardians-of-the-galaxy-set-photos

Glenn Close is also featured quite heavily in the set photos, playing the role of Nova Corps leader Nova Prime, but you’ll be forgiven for not immediately recognizing her under what looks like an extensive make-up job. Digital Spy has a few closer images of Close in her full regalia, and it looks like the costume and make-up department aren’t pulling any punches when it comes to the alien aesthetic. Some of the designs are verging on tacky and there are some concerns to be had regarding whether Close will be able to express a full range of emotions through her heavy prosthetics, but there’s no way of knowing what the final effect will be until we see it on the big screen.

Sadly, no other members of the primary cast can be spotted in these set photos (though one of the actors has been mistaken for Zoe Saldana a few times), but if further location shoots are planned then hopefully we can expect to see Chris Pratt, Dava Bautista and perhaps even the real Saldana in costume as Gamora before too long.

GLENN CLOSE AS NOVA PRIME

With that in mind, however, there’s probably a limit to how much footage for Guardians of the Galaxy can be filmed in existing locations, rather than built sets. Unlike Thor or The Avengers, there’s every indication that Guardians of the Galaxy will be set almost entirely in space or on alien planets, with the intergalactic superhero team operating out of their teleporting space station, Knowhere. Whether London will be used as a stand-in for a different planet or these aliens really will find themselves on Earth is unclear, though the former seems more likely.

What threat do you think Nova Prime and the other aliens are running from in this scene, and how might it fit into the plot of Guardians of the Galaxy? Share your thoughts on this, and the alien make-up and FX, in the comments.

Guardians of the Galaxy is out in theaters on August 1, 2014.

Source: http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-set-photos-nova-corps-glenn-close/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »

UPDATE: First Official ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Photo & Synopsis

"From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures."

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »

One hopes for the best...I am unfamiliar with the new guardians...so I am missing my originals...

And even the original backup players...

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

One hopes for the best...I am unfamiliar with the new guardians...so I am missing my originals...

Does it help any to tell you that, Yondu will be in the film?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »

Does it help any to tell you that, Yondu will be in the film?

Yes...yes it does...as he is my favorite.

The Nightcrawler of the group as it were...I tend to favor the Yondu and Nightcrawler types  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »

Good.

If you're interested in some reading material with the new guy, check out the 'Annihilation' arc.

Here is a larger version of the above picture, open in a new tab to magnify.

I can't wait to see Rocket and Groot in action.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: