Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arrow on the CW  (Read 2749 times)
spectresabre
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

The Hash Slinging Slasher

« on: August 13, 2013, 12:25:14 AM »

I got really excited when the CW first premiered the show Arrow, on the CW. For those who do not know, Arrow is a TV series about Oliver Queen- AKA the Green Arrow. I personally think this show is great, but has some cliches (like most superhero movies and shows). After the first season I began gathering some Green Arrow comics starting with Blackest Night. Which is awesome by the way.

Does anyone have any opinions on the show? Is Stephen Amell a good fit for Oliver Queen? I'd like some input on the show, or anyone to talk to about it, since all of my friends are too busy watching cool shows like Game of Thrones.. Which I can't watch because of local stations.

The Laser Realm is the only side I stand by. Not light or dark.. Just Lasers.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »

Arrow is a fantastic show, and Stephen Amell is awesome as Oliver.

The next season will feature Black Canary AND The Flash, so I'm good.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I thought that it was well done, flashing back to the island and showing how Oliver became who he is.

I do think he was a fool for walking away from Shado just on the off-chance that he might get back with Laurel, though Roll Eyes

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »

It's one of the few shows I follow*! I love it!

*Along with Community and The Walking Dead.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:08 PM »

What are everyone's thoughts on Arrow possibly being apart of the JLA cinematic universe?

Not be a JLA member, since Ollie and them really don't get along well, but instead just connect the TV and Film worlds and allow them to introduce Barry into the movieverse.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »

What are everyone's thoughts on Arrow possibly being apart of the JLA cinematic universe?

Not be a JLA member, since Ollie and them really don't get along well, but instead just connect the TV and Film worlds and allow them to introduce Barry into the movieverse.

I think, honestly, that this is the way they plan on getting the JL together instead of making a bunch of movies about characters that cannot hold a movie audience. Let's face it, when it comes to the Justice League, everyone automatically thinks Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. This is what they need to make into movies (and they have with MoS and Batman's appearance in the MoS sequel). GL might need a movie (I so hope they get someone other than Ryan Reynolds), but they could wrap his origin into the JL movie without much of a fuss. They're introducing Barry Allen on Arrow. CW plans on possibly using the Arrow episodes as a "backdoor pilot" for a Flash TV show if the character proves popular. With the appearance of Black Canary on Arrow, they might try and GA and BC into the JL movie as well, even in passing.

I'm still curious about how they plan to get WW in. My top picks to play her are Gemma Arterton and Gina Carano.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 01:08:58 AM »

I think, honestly, that this is the way they plan on getting the JL together instead of making a bunch of movies about characters that cannot hold a movie audience. Let's face it, when it comes to the Justice League, everyone automatically thinks Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. This is what they need to make into movies (and they have with MoS and Batman's appearance in the MoS sequel). GL might need a movie (I so hope they get someone other than Ryan Reynolds), but they could wrap his origin into the JL movie without much of a fuss. They're introducing Barry Allen on Arrow. CW plans on possibly using the Arrow episodes as a "backdoor pilot" for a Flash TV show if the character proves popular. With the appearance of Black Canary on Arrow, they might try and GA and BC into the JL movie as well, even in passing.

I'm still curious about how they plan to get WW in. My top picks to play her are Gemma Arterton and Gina Carano.

This needs to happen, Gina would rule.

I'm pretty sure that she will have pants like this:

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 02:11:37 AM »

YES TO THE TEN MILLIONTH DEGREE.

spectresabre
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:35:07 AM »

Arrow is a fantastic show, and Stephen Amell is awesome as Oliver.

The next season will feature Black Canary AND The Flash, so I'm good.
Isn't Thea's boyfriend Roy Harper?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:56:16 AM »

Isn't Thea's boyfriend Roy Harper?

AKA Red Arrow, AKA Arsenal.

He sure is.

spectresabre
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 05:04:09 AM »

AKA Red Arrow, AKA Arsenal.

He sure is.
That's what I thought. I was so waiting for them to reveal that at the end of the season, but I guess I'll have to wait till S2

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 03:58:54 AM »

I heard Roy Harper was gonna be more involved in the next season, if he gets off the China Cat! (Atop the Fourth Wall joke, yay for Linkara!)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print