Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Will it fit?  (Read 2550 times)
Darth Renov
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -16

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015140418

« on: August 13, 2013, 03:28:41 AM »

I'm sitting here torn over a new project. I want to build an Obi-Wan ep3/4 saber or get a force fx and convert it. What I'm wondering is: will the obsidian board fit into a hasbro force fx saber or should I just outright build the hilt?

I sense a disturbance in the forums...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:57:28 AM »

It should. Its the same size but I tested an old US2.5 in a Dominix v2 and the board fit. Just get measurements for everything.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:19:44 PM »

Honestly, I say just build the hilt.  I am currently working on a project where I am using a camera flash and building a stunt saber from scratch.  I got the camera flash super cheap and found some great parts suppliers that would be able to help you use a camera flash and create just such a hilt. 

My system of internal work will also allow you to use the electronics offered on the US web site to power your sound saber.  The Graflex Graflite camera flashes are cheaper to obtain than the other movie used flashes and you can create an Ep3/4 Obi from it. 

If you don't want to invent that much time, you can get the Archon V2.1 and with some searching for parts can create a pretty close replica to the Ep 3/4 Obi.

The choices are many and the only things that would stand in the way would be your budget, imagination, and time available to put into the project.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »

@Bluespike. You better post your build then. Lol. Everyone should know that I love Obi-wan by now.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Renov
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -16

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015140418

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »

Thank you gentlemen. My budget kicked me in the *use imagination here*. I'll end up building the hilt it'll just take some time to get everything.

I sense a disturbance in the forums...

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »

Thank you gentlemen. My budget kicked me in the *use imagination here*. I'll end up building the hilt it'll just take some time to get everything.

I understand your situation completely.  Just completely spent my budget here today.  I'll have to wait until September before I can afford grips and that will only complete my build as a prop.   Time and patience and you'll get there.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: