Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cable question  (Read 3584 times)
Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

Without emotions, we are powerless.

« on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »

Does anyone know if the type of mini-USB cable that typically comes with small MP3 players (the flash memory variety) are capable or likely to damage the Obsidian soundboard? My saber has the newest board, and the newest version of the launcher (if that helps anyone narrow down an answer).

If yes, I'm prepared to outright order a cable from Ultrasabers.

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
GB Blue Liberator (fiancee's)
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »

As long as it is a mini-USB and not micro-USB, it'll work on Obsidian.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

Without emotions, we are powerless.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

As far as I'm aware mini and micro are two very different end tips. Micro is too skinny to fit into a mini slot, and the pins shouldn't connect up.

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
GB Blue Liberator (fiancee's)
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

soundwave-nj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »

I just got my crimson reaper and didn't order a the cable from ultra sabers and I am having issues. I keep getting the "no device connected" message when I try to connect. could be my cable but, but the cable works fine with other devices.

Darth Zarek
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:40 AM »

I just got my crimson reaper and didn't order a the cable from ultra sabers and I am having issues. I keep getting the "no device connected" message when I try to connect. could be my cable but, but the cable works fine with other devices.

I too am having this problem and I also did not but a cable from ultrasabers. My cable also works perfectly fine on other devices. In fact when it does connect it tends to shut my saber right off and I have to do a hard reset by taking the batteries out just get the saber working again.

*Edit*
Well now I feel like a fool! I was using write parameters instead of writing the sound files. All is well now. I found the program and ran it as an administrator and then wrote the files. Now my saber sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:43:20 AM by Darth Zarek » Logged

Manticore in VA with Silver FoC and Red AV Switch.

Spike311
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »

I noticed that if you watch the intro video with novastar, it shows you how to change your sound font. The saber must be on when connected to USB cable. The saber will then turn itself off when you load the Obsidian sound font program. By turning "off" you know the saber is recognized by the program. When you make the changes you want, follow the rest of instructions and all should be well. I think the problem you're mentioning isn't really a problem. Rather a normal feature.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:27:13 AM by Spike311 » Logged

Proud founder and member of the JTC (Jedi Technician Council)

Lightsabers:
Icons Skywalker Lightsaber #4795/10000
Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM (Signature Series)
Ultra Saber Emerald Manticore (2CH B-G) with Obsidian 3.0

Ravage1016
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 03:13:33 AM »

I am having the same problem. and my computer is not seeing the plugged in USB device.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: