Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular Lightsaber is Here With new obsidian board  (Read 8405 times)
Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

Your focus determines your reality.

« on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »

ITS HERE! heres how it went, i opened the box, took out the saber and charger, pushed the button and it didnt power on, i was likw aww the batteries need to be charged, so i took 2 1.5v double As not thinking and put them in, and the saber spoke to me saying obsidian i guess indicating fressh battery install, held the button in this time  and it fired right up, but just the sound, so im thinking WTF is wrong lol and im about to go crazy until i remember my training about different boards and leds needing different voltage, well the duracell procell, 1.5v each, the trustfires are 3.7v each with a 4.2v charge at full power, well i would h ave never even taken out the trustfires if i remember to hold the button in to turn it on, i did it with the double a's but not the trustfires, i felt like an idiot lol, so i put the trustfires back in and whaddya know, fired right up, light and all, and i absolutely love it, consular hilt, with green blade and default sound is the perfect qui-gon saber, and i could not be more happy, i will post some pics eventually, thank you ultra for a beautiful saber and an affordable sound option!

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »

ITS HERE! heres how it went, i opened the box, took out the saber and charger, pushed the button and it didnt power on, i was likw aww the batteries need to be charged, so i took 2 1.5v double As not thinking and put them in, and the saber spoke to me saying obsidian i guess indicating fressh battery install, held the button in this time  and it fired right up, but just the sound, so im thinking WTF is wrong lol and im about to go crazy until i remember my training about different boards and leds needing different voltage, well the duracell procell, 1.5v each, the trustfires are 3.7v each with a 4.2v charge at full power, well i would h ave never even taken out the trustfires if i remember to hold the button in to turn it on, i did it with the double a's but not the trustfires, i felt like an idiot lol, so i put the trustfires back in and whaddya know, fired right up, light and all, and i absolutely love it, consular hilt, with green blade and default sound is the perfect qui-gon saber, and i could not be more happy, i will post some pics eventually, thank you ultra for a beautiful saber and an affordable sound option!

how heavy would you say it is?  how long and wide?

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

feels about 4 pounds maybe 5, the hilt is about as tall as a 2 liter bottle of soda, the blade seems about 36' standard ultraedge blade, width is about as wide as a bottle of ibuprofin or tylenol

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »

feels about 4 pounds maybe 5, the hilt is about as tall as a 2 liter bottle of soda, the blade seems about 36' standard ultraedge blade, width is about as wide as a bottle of ibuprofin or tylenol

Dang!  four pounds!?  lol, that thing is a beast!  thanks for the info, no way i'd be able to wield that thing.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »

Is it really 4 or 5 pounds?  That's pretty heavy actually, I have real steel swords that weigh less than that.

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »

well im going off of what it said on the ups tracking site lol. it feels less then 4 pounds actually

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

Is it really 4 or 5 pounds?  That's pretty heavy actually, I have real steel swords that weigh less than that.

i guess you need to harness the epic power of Liam Neeson to effectively wield it.  Cheesy

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »

i j ust wanna warn you guys, dont look into the light when you turn it on, it is VERY VERY BRIGHT lol i didnt do it on purpose but i was checking it all out and turned it around a little too far by accident and BAM right in the eye, the blurryness is just now starting to go away lol, so if you ever get the urge to actually do it, DONT

Vince Windu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »

Congrats on getting one so quick!!! Do post some pics and videos soon.

How wide is a bottle of ibuprofin anyway? Here we get them is packets not bottle LOL.

I am really curious about the width because it will make or break this saber for me. From the two videos from ultra I have seen so far, it looks quite fat. Like FX Anakin fat. It will be great if it is more around the width of an MHS saber.

Can you post some pics of it with some other sabers for comparison?

Once again congrats and I am really envious!!!

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »

it doesnt feel fat when your holding it at all actually, i measured it to be about an inch and a quarter wide, hopefully i measured right, i have 4 other sabers including a lightsaber construction kit, all MR and Hasbro force fx, 1 with removeable blade, and they are all in storage if you go look at the mhs compatible pommels on tcss or on ultrasabers, see if it gives a dimension it should be near accurate since pommel and emitter are MHS compatible.

Vince Windu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »

And inch and a quarter? That's around 1.25 inch? That's really thin actually. Thinner than any MHS saber. I am sold man!!!

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

i could be wrong about the width and im an idiot, i forgot all pommels can vary in length and width, but the part you screw into the hilt remains consistant, that should be the right width, check the pommels on ultrasabers, or on tcss maybe you can get proper dimensions

Vince Windu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »

In that case it should be around one and a half inch then, which is a typical MHS width. Still pretty thin!!! As long as it's not fat like the Anakin I am fine with it.

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »

There is no way that hilt weighs 4 pounds. It weighs a pound at the most.

Broto-Kropot
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »

na its not 4 pounds, i was going off the ups tracking weight not thinking, a pound is about right

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: