Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Inconsistent Clash  (Read 1862 times)
Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« on: August 23, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »

Hey forum

I didn't think this warranted a direct email to US because I am using downloaded fonts ( mix of dooku / qui Gon - Obi ep3 and I believe an order 66 font) ...

Anyways

Clean install
Board is about half filled
Obsidian 3

The problem I am having right now is that there is no consistent reaction to my flash on clash / clash sound effect..

I've moved the sliders in both directions and no change - the problem is I can activate the saber and it will work fine. I deactivate turn back on and the clash effect won't register at all. Turn it off again power back on and will work fine.

It is random.

Any thoughts or ideas before I email US?

Again since I modified the sound fonts I wanted to see if there were any suggestions as I didn't think it warranted an email

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

Hey forum

I didn't think this warranted a direct email to US because I am using downloaded fonts ( mix of dooku / qui Gon - Obi ep3 and I believe an order 66 font) ...

Anyways

Clean install
Obsidian 3

The problem I am having right now is that there is no consistent reaction to my flash on clash / clash sound effect..

I've moved the sliders in both directions and no change - the problem is I can activate the saber and it will work fine. I deactivate turn back on and the clash effect won't register at all. Turn it off again power back on and will work fine.

It is random.

Again since I modified the sound fonts I wanted to see if there were any suggestions as I didn't think it warranted an email

No clue, but resetting the settings back to default should fix it. Then only move the sliders slightly to calibrate.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:38 AM »

Hey forum

Anyways

Clean install
Obsidian 3

It is random.

Check for loose connections the wires may have lost the solder or wasn't a great connection its happened to my friend once but I wouldn't hurry about it look and dig move wires around if there's nothing idk.

Kresnik
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:05:11 AM »

I did a clean reset

Default twice

It's fine now ... It became predictable ... Turn on didn't work turn off then on and fine it was set to not work on initiate fire up

It works now ... Just weird ... Not a wiring issue with that very specific pattern but reset it twice ...

When in doubt hold the power button down for 30 seconds hop on one foot, blow air through the cartridge and leave a shot of rum for Juhmba ... Something will stick

In order of favorite

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:21:24 PM »

I did a clean reset

Default twice

It's fine now ... It became predictable ... Turn on didn't work turn off then on and fine it was set to not work on initiate fire up

It works now ... Just weird ... Not a wiring issue with that very specific pattern but reset it twice ...

When in doubt hold the power button down for 30 seconds hop on one foot, blow air through the cartridge and leave a shot of rum for Juhmba ... Something will stick

Great news, Kresnik!

This got me thinking though. I wonder if too much play is given to us in the launcher software? The Obs 3 only needs minor adjustments to get a good setting, yet the range extends far beyond what is seemingly needed. This also happened to me on the Overlord (resetting also got me back to full operation), and I wonder if the range of available sensitivity needs to be narrowed? I'm wondering if this can be looked into?

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Kresnik
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

Great news, Kresnik!

This got me thinking though. I wonder if too much play is given to us in the launcher software? The Obs 3 only needs minor adjustments to get a good setting, yet the range extends far beyond what is seemingly needed. This also happened to me on the Overlord (resetting also got me back to full operation), and I wonder if the range of available sensitivity needs to be narrowed? I'm wondering if this can be looked into?

Out of curiosity what do you set for your sliders on your bellicose I notice in your videos the sound seems pretty accurate ... I noticed it too that it seems like there is a dramatic difference with just a few integers on the slider

In order of favorite

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: